How many millions of dollars did Jamal Adams cost himself by shooting his way out of town?

ZachEY

1 hour ago, jgb said:

You might be right about one thing -- Jets so terrible, maybe he doesn't get exposed here and teams assume it's just because his surrounding cast sucks. So in his case, you well might be right it depressed his 2nd contract value. Good point. Nevertheless, in most other cases, escaping this team probably a good move.

That's true although Teddy's point above is valid.

You think Enunwa was getting $20MM guaranteed elsewhere?

• Haha 4

Seattle has a rough decision. They gave up too much to not pay him, but giving him a contract like he wants is the type of thing that gets people fired. 

I wandered over to some Seahawk forums and they're apoplectic about the Adams trade. Starting to talk about firing Schneider (for Adams and other things). Would be poetry if trading for Adams is the catalyst for their GM to lose his job. 

2 1st round picks. I have a lot of quibbles with what JD has done, but amazing that he was able to get that for Adams when he was shooting his mouth off.

Also: for anyone who didn't catch the game. Seattle gave up Adams being able to cover and basically played him at linebacker. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, JetPotato said:

This was the greatest trade in Jets franchise history 

That's what many don't understand -- we don't need Jamal to fail for this to be a good deal for Jets. It was a good deal even if Jamal becomes to best S in NFL history. But Jets fans gonna Jets fan...

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

That's what many don't understand -- we don't need Jamal to fail for this to be a good deal for Jets. It was a good deal even if Jamal becomes to best S in NFL history. But Jets fans gonna Jets fan...

I'm not sure I follow. Since he was drafted people say you don't use that amount of draft capital on a safety regardless of how good he is..

So I'm not sure your statement is really accurate. 

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

I'm not sure I follow. Since he was drafted people say you don't use that amount of draft capital on a safety regardless of how good he is..

So I'm not sure your statement is really accurate. 

You just agreed with me. I think you need to put more oil in your engine.

49 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I wandered over to some Seahawk forums and they're apoplectic about the Adams trade. Starting to talk about firing Schneider (for Adams and other things). Would be poetry if trading for Adams is the catalyst for their GM to lose his job. 

First Macc, now Schneider?  Damn.  Just call him the "GM Killer".  

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

It is what it is for them - they gotta pay him or else they look like clowns. We made out like bandits and everybody knows we did

They'll end up looking like clowns either way.  

Meanwhile Douglas could draft three Kyle Wilson's with those picks and still have won the deal.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

They'll end up looking like clowns either way.  

Meanwhile Douglas could draft three Kyle Wilson's with those picks and still have won the deal.

Even if Adams becomes Ed Reed, Jets won the deal. The hand wringing is funny, though.