Joe Douglas.....ZZZZZ

42 minutes ago, CM28 said:

Why do you care? Did Gase do anything special you wanted him to see? 

The man knows who to keep, let him sleep until end of season. Then and only then will I demand that he’s active in getting players and a new HC for us.
I’m optimistic, but I think the owners will let the big man choose I.e. go back to how it’s supposed to be ?

It doesn’t bother me either way, though it is a terrible look for an organization trying very hard to gain respect and the admiration of one Trevor Lawrence.

And though no one is talking about it, this is another ESPN character assassination no different than the “ghosts” situation with Sam Darnold. Clearly the cameraman knew that Douglas was asleep and if they wanted to be nice they didn’t have to show his close up at that particular moment.  They got admonished by the league for the Darnold incident and clearly this is them sticking it to us again.

All of this could’ve been avoided if Joe Douglas could figure out a way to stay awake for 60 minutes.  To, you know, watch a team he built himself.  

SAR I

• Post of the Week 3

47 minutes ago, Npcz83 said:

He is obviously asleep.  Even if that were his phone, his line of sight isn’t lined up with that phone at all, nowhere near it.  His eyes were closed. And who can blame him? Lol

this dude's Columbo and Banacek rolled into one.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CTM said:

That looks like it's sitting flat on the desk, not being held.

Still think he's asleep

If he were sleeping, wouldn’t his head be bobbing up and down? Or are people able to sleeping sitting down? I’ve never seen someone sleep that way. They always start to fall forward or to the side.

3 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

If he were sleeping, wouldn’t his head be bobbing up and down? Or are people able to sleeping sitting down? I’ve never seen someone sleep that way. They always start to fall forward or to the side.

I figure JD's arteries are so clogged with plaque that his body is virtually frozen in a semi-catatonic state during sleep.  Read that a Jet staffer is always present with a portable defibrillator. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Yes and I imagine if we had 10 minutes of video rather than a still of a few second shots we might see that?

3 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

1) Duh! Eyes closed is the optimal way to view a Jet game;

2) There is zero reason that his duties as GM require him to see the game live

I think JD needs to focus on his health this off-season.  He is not an old guy.  He should not be in the shape he is in.  That should be a wake up call for him.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Anyone remember at about what point in the game that was shown? I'm going to check it on GamePass. I'm going to get to the bottom of this, dammit!

Never mind, I found it.

And he is cleary NOT SLEEPING.

How do I know this? Two reasons. In the clip, he's moving and in portions I can see that his eyes are actually open.

The second and more important thing is that he is clearly holding the phone because the phone is bobbing up and down as he's looking at it. I'll see if I can figure out how to export the clip from GamePass to show this better.

Video link below. Look at his phone and look at his right eye ....

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Never mind, I found it.

And he is cleary NOT SLEEPING.

How do I know this? Two reasons. In the clip, he's moving and in portions I can see that his eyes are actually open.

The second and more important thing is that he is clearly holding the phone because the phone is bobbing up and down as he's looking at it. I'll see if I can figure out how to export the clip from GamePass to show this better.

Cool, please post. Glad to reasses

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

It doesn’t bother me either way, though it is a terrible look for an organization trying very hard to gain respect and the admiration of one Trevor Lawrence.

And though no one is talking about it, this is another ESPN character assassination no different than the “ghosts” situation with Sam Darnold. Clearly the cameraman knew that Douglas was asleep and if they wanted to be nice they didn’t have to show his close up at that particular moment.  They got admonished by the league for the Darnold incident and clearly this is them sticking it to us again.

All of this could’ve been avoided if Joe Douglas could figure out a way to stay awake for 60 minutes.  To, you know, watch a team he built himself.  

SAR I

Meh. I really do not care about what ESPN think of us. Maybe he slept, maybe he didn’t.

The team he built? Parts of it sure but with a lame duck coach and only one draft by his own I wouldn’t call it the team he built.

Next season will be the year that we can start saying that it’s Joe’s team we’re watching. A new coach, QB and other new faces - exciting! ??

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Only the Jets can have you fall into such a deep sleep. 

• Haha 1