Maye going after Gregg Williams

Rhg1084

20 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

He’s right to be pissed. Ludicrous call cost the Jets their first win in almost a year. 

This statement could have been call for outrage week 2, when there was still hope for a season, but that's not the situation we are in. Winless 12 weeks into the season with a 1 game lead for 1st overall, that hail mary TD was nothing short of a miracle for us. Literally the first time I've had cause to jump out of my seat all year. 

But that is for the fans that have the luxury of having to hope for and look to the long term. I completely understand players being beyond frustrated. These guys put their bodies on the line every week and have a very short period of time to get themselves a ring. Very few, if any of them are guaranteed to be a part of this team next year and I'm sure a shot at a great draft pick does nothing to make them feel better after a game like today. I can only imagine how angering the prospect of 0-16 is for any of these players. 

• Upvote 3

This stuff is all pure BS.  As I said in another thread, look back on allof Rogers hail marys, the kyler murray hail mary those worked because the Defense brought no pressure let the Qb run around and put a ton of guys into the endzone, it didn;t matter.

Williams decided to bring pressure, it didn;t work, it is no worse of a call than going the other route.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

This stuff is all pure BS.  As I said in another thread, look back on allof Rogers hail marys, the kyler murray hail mary those worked because the Defense brought no pressure let the Qb run around and put a ton of guys into the endzone, it didn;t matter.

Williams decided to bring pressure, it didn;t work, it is no worse of a call than going the other route.

Those are exceptions and they’re remembered because they are so rare. Getting a rookie CB burned on a failed blitz happens every game. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Those are exceptions and they’re remembered because they are so rare. Getting a rookie CB burned on a failed blitz happens every game. 

Whats the difference, last play of the game long td.  If the blitz gets there he is a hero.  It's no worse than rushing 3 and getting the fluke td.

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Statues for Gase, Gregg Williams, and Lamar Jackson, please.  Throw one up for Ruggs, too.  

I disagree with this. The bit players get plaques. Gase gets the only statue. The guy up top always gets all the credit.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

He’s right to be pissed. Ludicrous call cost the Jets their first win in almost a year. 

What is wrong with you ? What does this game matter? Why in the world can’t you see that losing now is the key to the future? Jets fans are amazingly unaware at times. Look past one freaking week please! 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

I didn't watch the game but I have to ask this:

If there really is a “tank” going on and the high brass and coaches are all in on it, why did this happen on the last play? Arent you jeopardizing the tank by leaving it all to a hail mary 50 plus yards out?

The final call was so indefensible that it makes you wonder... But I tend to agree. The team was playing to win all day.