NOW it’s official

Lupz27

37 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

The trade back scenario looks really interesting. Cincy needs to jump Miami for Sewell and Carolina needs to jump Atlanta for QB # 2.

There’s going to be a haul available. Take it. 

I don’t think CINN trades up the required capital for an OL. Not all the way up to 2. If Sewell fell a little closer I could see it. Would CINN not be better served themselves trading back - allowing them to add multiple OL

1) JAX: Trevor Lawrence

2) NYJ: Penei Sewell

3) ATL: Zach Wilson

4: HOU: Devonta Smith

5) CAR: Ja'Marr Chase

6) CIN: Wyatt Davis

7) PHI: Kwity Paye

8: DET: Micah Parsons

9) NYG: Caleb Farley

10: DAL: Patrick Surtain

11) LAC: Alijah  Tucker

12) DEN: Jaylen Waddle

13) MIN: Gregory Rousseau

14) SF: Justin Fields

15) NE: Rondale Moore

At the moment, this is how I think the top 15 will most likely go.

We stick with Sam imo. Fire Gase. Get Sam some protection from a dude who only allowed like....1 sack in a season.....Damn!!!

1 minute ago, GothamLurker said:

1) JAX: Trevor Lawrence

2) NYJ: Penei Sewell

3) ATL: Zach Wilson

4: HOU: Devonta Smith

5) CAR: Ja'Marr Chase

6) CIN: Wyatt Davis

7) PHI: Kwity Paye

8: DET: Micah Parsons

9) NYG: Caleb Farley

10: DAL: Patrick Surtain

11) LAC: Alijah  Tucker

12) DEN: Jaylen Waddle

13) MIN: Gregory Rousseau

14) SF: Justin Fields

15) NE: Rondale Moore

At the moment, this is how I think the top 15 will most likely go.

We stick with Sam imo. Fire Gase. Get Sam some protection from a dude who only allowed like....1 sack in a season.....Damn!!!

All for Sam Darnold to overthrow his WR. 

• Haha 2

For once do things right - get a new coach figure out if that guy thinks Sam is the guy and go from there. 

Fine with Sewell or Wilson or trading back a couple of spots and grabbing Chase as long as we have a plan.

We may not have the #1 pick, but we have the #2 pick and a ton of picks in the first couple of rounds and tons of cap space. Our biggest task the next period is replacing Gase with a long term HC. 

24 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I just want to point it out to the people that think Becton will willingly move to RT and be fine with it, his mother, private coach, and Damien Woody are basically telling the Jets, through tweets “you better not”.

1CE65442-C881-4C3D-85DE-B56C74867AC9.thumb.png.2af82749f810b578e4dc1c67eab00f4b.png

I’m fine with the idea of Sewell, albeit preferably in a trade down scenario, but the idea of moving Becton off the bat doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. He’s been very good at LT as a rookie and, maybe I’m wrong, but I have a not broken don’t fix it mentality with regard to OL positioning. If you take Sewell and something about their play leads to the idea he’s the right option at LT over Becton that’s one thing, but unless something significant changes I think Becton should be the LT. Don’t get why anyone would be penciled in at LT over Becton.

• Upvote 2

Trade down, even if it a swap of first round picks with the Bengals so they take Sewell. Bypass the quarterbacks not named Lawrence and pick the highest rated player on the board, even if it is someone like Chase or Pitts. This roster has enough holes that it would hard not to find a position of need that could be filled with a trade back. Then use the Seattle pick on Etienne or Harris.

42 minutes ago, Baeton Manning said:

I would like them to draft the tackle, fall in love with a QB down the draft board (Mac Jones?), pick that player up with the Seattle pick and get it 100% right. But that doesn't sound like something that happens to the Jets.

Yup, me too.  Kyle Trask (Florida) interests me right now.  I'd like to learn more.  Looks like a mid-round (3rd maybe) type.

Sewell, best WR at the Seattle #1, Etienne, Track in the 3rd?  Snag a Center and Guard in the midrounds too.

Darnold/Track/Morgan at QB in 2021, open competition in camp.  No old men need apply.