NOW it’s official

Lupz27

Considering our QB has to run for his life 1 out of 3 pass attempts I’d have to go with signing Thuney, Lindsey & draft Sewell.,

Trade back up for Zack Wilson if you like him. We still have 9 picks in 2021 including 2 firsts. Keep building so no matter who the QB is they have a damn chance by at least having the semblance of a running game! 
The only reason we ran for over 100 yards today was because of how many chances we had because the browns punted a million times & had 3 turnovers. 

4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

The New York Jets are essentially on the clock.  We all know Lawrence going #1 to Jax.

Stake your way to early claim to who you want at #2.

I’ll go first, Sewell.

I love the Idea, but where does he play?  Left, and move Becton to right, put him at right, or push him inside to left guard (would be hell of left side).  

6 minutes ago, hawk said:

I love the Idea, but where does he play?  Left, and move Becton to right, put him at right, or push him inside to left guard (would be hell of left side).  

You can't move Becton IMO, not without some cause. It would just needlessly cause friction. 

If he gets hurt (as he has done) then Sewell may be moved there and keep the position if he looks an upgrade but Sewell would be starting at RT for sure.

12 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

You can't move Becton IMO, not without some cause. It would just needlessly cause friction. 

If he gets hurt (as he has done) then Sewell may be moved there and keep the position if he looks an upgrade but Sewell would be starting at RT for sure.

Can he play right?  That would be the biggest question for me.  

36 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Trade up for Lawrence after he pulls an Eli and wants to come play for the red hot Jets who closed out the 2020 season with 3 straight wins, 2 of which were over playoff teams. 

We'll do that and then Lawrence will announce that he won't play for the Jets.

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Considering our QB has to run for his life 1 out of 3 pass attempts I’d have to go with signing Thuney, Lindsey & draft Sewell.,

Trade back up for Zack Wilson if you like him. We still have 9 picks in 2021 including 2 firsts. Keep building so no matter who the QB is they have a damn chance by at least having the semblance of a running game! 
The only reason we ran for over 100 yards today was because of how many chances we had because the browns punted a million times & had 3 turnovers. 

Thuney A+   Lindsay  B+  Sewell D  Brains on here have already pointed out drafting two elite tackles are counterproductive since you couldn't resign both after their rookie contracts..  Also, and more importantly, if Wilson is your guy, you take him. You don't get cute and hope he is there in a trade up.  Panthers will snag him at 4.   

8 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Using #2 to upgrade Fant would be complete mismanagement of resources.

Exactly. And there a number of OT that are very good prospects that can be had in 3rd 4th round.  Many mocks have us taking a Guard at 27. I wouldn't even do that. There is just to much talent on the OL in this draft and we are desperate for an edge and a CB.

There is little doubt in my mind that Joe Douglas is sticking to his roots and taking Penei Sewell. I wouldn't hate the pick, but I don't think you are getting much bang for the buck by upgrading a RT who has been adequate this season.

If I am making the pick, I'm taking Ja'Marr Chase. Wide receiver and a playmaker in general are the biggest needs on this team.  The Jets don't have anything close to a #1 WR right now. You have to give your quarterback a reliable, go-to target if you want a functional offense in this league. Chase was the most dominant WR in college football in 2019. He's going to surprise people with his metrics at the combine and lock himself into a top 5 pick.

I don't think any of the quarterbacks (outside of Lawrence) warrant a selection at #2. I'd rather target someone like Trey Lance later in the first round.

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If the jets love a QB they need to take one at #2

If they do not love a QB they need to do everything they can to trade down.

There will be no excuse not to trade down at all.

I have always said I have no problem trading back to Cincy for their #2 & #4 if they want Sewell. But, if you do that it better be because you wanted a QB in this draft. Otherwise you pass on legit All Pro that will always have value in this league as trade bait some day & for 5 years help you protect your QB, whoever that is from getting Burrowed.

8 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

There is little doubt in my mind that Joe Douglas is sticking to his roots and taking Penei Sewell. I wouldn't hate the pick, but I don't think you are getting much bang for the buck by upgrading a RT who has been adequate this season.

I don't think so. At all. I think Joe Douglas understands how to build a roster, and it's not by taking LTs two years in a row. That #2 is a premium pick, and he'll get a premium return for it. 

There are only two options: fall in love and take your QB at #2, or trade down a little and then take your QB. I prefer option #2 today. We'll see if I fall in love between now and the draft. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

If JD trades back and any single one of Fields, Wilson, Trask, Jones or Lance becomes a franchise QB then we'll be looking for yet another GM.

That might be true, however I don't think he trades out far enough to lose out on either Jones, Trask or Lance. Seriously though we're far and away bad enough to still need major pieces on this team before we really start thinking about QB.

Why do we keep doing the same thing and thinking that it's going to work every time. Why have our QB's never worked out ???  Think people. Or why did Sanchez work in 2009 and 2010, was he elite, no, but was never anything after that. This is a TEAM game, not a 1 person skills test. No 1 person can make this TEAM better.

Step 1:  FIRE GASE

Step 2:  Hire a Real HC / OC / DC

Step 3: 2 more years worth of good drafting (including QB's this and next year until you find the right one)

2 hours ago, slats said:

I don't think so. At all. I think Joe Douglas understands how to build a roster, and it's not by taking LTs two years in a row. That #2 is a premium pick, and he'll get a premium return for it. 

There are only two options: fall in love and take your QB at #2, or trade down a little and then take your QB. I prefer option #2 today. We'll see if I fall in love between now and the draft. 

We'll see.

Joe Douglas has proven he highly values building the offensive line.  Personally, I don't think he's done yet.  He'll take another OT if he's the best player on the board.

If he can get a haul for the pick, I agree, he'll take it.  But it takes two to tango.  Right now, I don't see anybody worth trading the farm for at #2.

12 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Exactly. And there a number of OT that are very good prospects that can be had in 3rd 4th round.  Many mocks have us taking a Guard at 27. I wouldn't even do that. There is just to much talent on the OL in this draft and we are desperate for an edge and a CB.

Depends on who you get in FA, but I would absolutely go interior line end of 1st, or the early 2nd round pick.   I'd be happy if they went running back, O Line with those 2 picks.

I also really think there is a good chance Joe trades back a few spots in the 2nd round.