Let’s ALL root hard for Sam tomorrow

28 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

This could be his last game as a Jet.

Sam has been nothing but a class act since he got here. There is no doubt he got a raw deal. Came to the organization during a time of confusion, a coaching change, which ended up being our worst since kottite and JD gutted the team this year looking ahead.

Regardless of if you want Sam here next year or not you should be rooting for his success. Another solid no turnover game, if not a great game, only improves sam’s trade value or if he’s back next year, raises the competition with someone he may compete with next year at camp. 

Either way I like sam a lot. I was hoping for more and maybe he is capable of more. As for tomorrow let’s hope he runs all over the evil pats.

Jet up  

Superb post..agree wholeheartedly.

A few attempts at going over the top of the defense is Football 101 in building your young QB's confidence. Can anyone even remember the last time Gase called a long bomb? That's just one example of how he destroyed Sammy by mismanaging him.

I still think Sammy is the real deal and I've never stopped. If Gase calls a decent game Sammy's numbers will explode.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

17 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

A few attempts at going over the top of the defense is Football 101 in building your young QB's confidence. Can anyone even remember the last time Gase called a long bomb? That's just one example of how he destroyed Sammy by mismanaging him.

I still think Sammy is the real deal and I've never stopped. If Gase calls a decent game Sammy's numbers will explode.

Sam overthrew Perriman last week. It wasn’t great effort from Perriman but it wasn’t a great throw either.

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

This could be his last game as a Jet.

Sam has been nothing but a class act since he got here. There is no doubt he got a raw deal. Came to the organization during a time of confusion, a coaching change, which ended up being our worst since kottite and JD gutted the team this year looking ahead.

Regardless of if you want Sam here next year or not you should be rooting for his success. Another solid no turnover game, if not a great game, only improves sam’s trade value or if he’s back next year, raises the competition with someone he may compete with next year at camp. 

Either way I like sam a lot. I was hoping for more and maybe he is capable of more. As for tomorrow let’s hope he runs all over the evil pats.

Jet up  

He's a good human being and a not-so-good QB.  A fresh start might be the best for both him and the Jets, and I'd certainly be rooting that both succeed without each other.  Send Sam to the NFC and get a second day Draft pick if possible.  The contract situation is the only thing that would give teams pause.  But having Sam as a high-end backup on a team like the Saints or Buccaneers next year would give those teams a chance to evaluate him and see if he's a guy they could say taking over after Brees and Brady retirements.  Personally, I think Sam would have his best opportunity under a coach like Payton or Arians.

I can't see how it's not his last game at this point. I like Sam. But the Jets need a fresh start and he probably does as well. It just hasn't worked out and the Jets can't commit to him based off of his body of work so far.

I wish him well, and hope he goes on to have a good career. Ideally for some team in the NFC. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

Yes, the games that Flacco played , you know the guy with an NFL arm. 

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Hes choked what exactly?  All those games we were supposed to win and didnt? 

I missed those, lol

He's choked his $M dollar career away.  They brought him to the NFL, they handed him millions to play a game and we poor sods are feeling sorry for him!  If he was good he would have risen to the occasion better....that is all.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

He's choked his $M dollar career away.  They brought him to the NFL, they handed him millions to play a game and we poor sods are feeling sorry for him!  If he was good he would have risen to the occasion better....that is all.  

His career isnt close to being over.  

Hes all of 23 years old and most blame the lack of talent and coaching.  Hes not done

I dont get angry when a player doesnt work out.  Dont think its personal

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

You're the same assclown that blamed Falk for all the ills of last year and bellowed how good Gase was when he finally got his starter Darnold back.

Who was to blame this year, Darnold and Greg Williams? 

Because Darnold not developing, Gases number on job isnt Gases fault

45 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yes, the games that Flacco played , you know the guy with an NFL arm. 

Oh, so yet he never got a chance to go long in any games because all you geniuses already knew he wasn't capable. Go blow this drivel out your a$$. Lol

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I can't see how it's not his last game at this point. I like Sam. But the Jets need a fresh start and he probably does as well. It just hasn't worked out and the Jets can't commit to him based off of his body of work so far.

I wish him well, and hope he goes on to have a good career. Ideally for some team in the NFC. 

I hope he goes to the Pats so they stink again next year. Problem is he might help them get a high draft pick...

2 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Darnold throws the deep ball scared. 3 yards too deep like clockwork. Deathly afraid of a pick.