JN PREDICTION THREAD (HC+QB)

Paradis

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I don’t know what JD’s appetite is for drafting and developing a highly drafted rookie QB is right now.   I have a feeling he is going to attempt to get a long term veteran QB though.   Maybe he goes after Dak, tries to trade for Wentz something like that.  If that fails he can draft a kid.   

Why would he go for Wentz when we have our own crappy 'Wentz' on the roster and a lot cheaper?  Such a dumb, lazy thought by many posters.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I don’t know what JD’s appetite is for drafting and developing a highly drafted rookie QB is right now.   I have a feeling he is going to attempt to get a long term veteran QB though.   Maybe he goes after Dak, tries to trade for Wentz something like that.  If that fails he can draft a kid.   

I don't disagree.  I feel like anything could happen and it's pretty exciting.  It FEELS like this go round will not be the same old song and dance(it may prove to be in the long run) but to me it feels like Douglas really is going to go in directions outside the predictable realms of Jet fandom.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Paradis said:

Take a swing at it. Going to be a 12 week gauntlet on the HC search, followed by the whole Darnold/trade/draft a QB thing.

so throw your best guess out there regarding JD’s plan... NOT what you want to happen — but what you THINK will happen. 

Jets will bring back Darnold as their QB.  Joe Douglas will attempt to trade out of #2, believing quite correctly that a number of teams want either Fields or Wilson.  If he gets what he feels is fair compensation, he will trade the pick.  If not, he will draft Sewell with the #2 pick.

I believe he would prefer to trade the pick, and gain draft capital to draft a wide receiver, a center, running back and edge rusher.  Unless he gets the edge rusher or wide receiver in free agency, and then he will pick up a cornerback and possibly another safety and offensive lineman.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I could be dead wrong, but I really just dont see Bieniemy getting the position here... Just the sense I've gotten, I didnt think he would get it last time he interviewed and I don't get the sense he'll be getting it this time around.  

With all of the discord in HOU, Bieniemy is getting more likely there. My belief that Bieniemy would come here is because he's getting a bit desperate for his shot and would go to the last position open after the coaching musical chairs music stops. He's not in a position to refuse any HC opening.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

With all of the discord in HOU, Bieniemy is getting more likely there. My belief that Bieniemy would come here is because he's getting a bit desperate for his shot and would go to the last position open after the coaching musical chairs music stops. He's not in a position to refuse any HC opening.

I dont think its a matter of him wanting this job.  I think its a matter of us wanting him lol. I just dont see him as a fit with JD personally, or a fit for what we are looking for.  Thats my personal opinion on it really. 

You are correct though he is in no position to refuse any offer at this point.  Houston may have to hire him just to appease Watson at this point since that I believe was his preferred coach to come in, and now that they've royally F'd themselves with him and the GM it may be a way to smooth things over.  

Either way I dont think he's offered the job.  Too many strong candidates that I think better fit what the jets are looking for in my opinion

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I dont think its a matter of him wanting this job.  I think its a matter of us wanting him lol. I just dont see him as a fit with JD personally, or a fit for what we are looking for.  Thats my personal opinion on it really. 

You are correct though he is in no position to refuse any offer at this point.  Houston may have to hire him just to appease Watson at this point since that I believe was his preferred coach to come in, and now that they've royally F'd themselves with him and the GM it may be a way to smooth things over.  

Either way I dont think he's offered the job.  Too many strong candidates that I think better fit what the jets are looking for in my opinion

Jets seem to be moving faster already than I believed they would.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

If they truly do have as a very wide net of candidates it behooves them to move quicker rather than slow so that they can get to the second round in time to get guys that they are interested in.  

Also helps that we didn't need to wait to on-board Korn Ferry before starting!

• Sympathy 1

Just now, jgb said:

Also helps that we didn't need to wait to on-board Korn Ferry before starting!

There is an adult in the room now.  Jets finally by all accounts got a very very capable professional running the football operations.  I have no idea how successful Douglas will ultimately be as a GM but I trust him and I trust that the amount of people that have come out and said that his guy is the real deal are more right than wrong.  It's not very often you hear the amount of praise heaped on to an individual that was heaped on to JD and have it all be wrong.  The fact that the Johnsons have elected to stay out of his way and let him run the show even further adds to my confidence in his ability to turn things around. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, jgb said:

If there is a way to somehow increase the current apathy of the NYJ fan base, that's it.

What?! You get two gingers, neither of which is particularly good at their job!

Relax, it's only for a year.

Even if it's your boy Fields, we should still bring in the Red Rocket or someone like that to take the beating for the first 12 weeks or so. 

Just now, RedBeardedSavage said:

What?! You get two gingers, neither of which is particularly good at their job!

Relax, it's only for a year.

Even if it's your boy Fields, we should still bring in the Red Rocket or someone like that to take the beating for the first 12 weeks or so. 

Fields is not "my boy." 

• Sympathy 1