JN PREDICTION THREAD (HC+QB)

Paradis

Take a swing at it. Going to be a 12 week gauntlet on the HC search, followed by the whole Darnold/trade/draft a QB thing.

so throw your best guess out there regarding JD’s plan... NOT what you want to happen — but what you THINK will happen. 

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Yea, I don’t think you’re far off. Both are probably favoured from an odds standpoint 

As of 3 days ago, Daboll was slightly favored over Bieniemy as the top two most likely. But I give edge to Bieniemy for all the reasons I’ve been saying in other threads.

This is the easiest and yet simultaneously the hardest year to do a head coach search.

Easiest because it is done via zoom. Don't have to schedule travel, wait for days for them to come in and wine and dine.

Hardest, because you get much less of a feel for the person via technology and get less time with them.

Based on that, I would expect most clubs to go with candidates that they know best, prior to this engagement. Not even sure who that is with JD.

It should also allow the process to be wrapped up earlier than in previous years.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Paradis said:

Take a swing at it. Going to be a 12 week gauntlet on the HC search, followed by the whole Darnold/trade/draft a QB thing.

so throw your best guess out there regarding JD’s plan... NOT what you want to happen — but what you THINK will happen. 

Don't think it's gonna drag out nearly that long. I expect the new coach to be named this month. Who that coach is will tell us something about what they're doing at QB. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Paradis said:

No idea at Coach, frankly.  I barely know the details on half the candidates anyway.  I don't have a personal preference from this group, honestly.

I think ultimately Fields will be the QB.  I think JD will draft him at #2.  No saying I agree or disagree with that, it's just what I expect to happen, barring a disaster in Fields final game.  I'm not against Fields, and I'm not a fan of Darnold, so yeah.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I have no feeling on the HC yet.  I would have said Martindale a week ago, but not sure.

Eberflus and Fields is my official guess.  

I don’t know what JD’s appetite is for drafting and developing a highly drafted rookie QB is right now.   I have a feeling he is going to attempt to get a long term veteran QB though.   Maybe he goes after Dak, tries to trade for Wentz something like that.  If that fails he can draft a kid.