Pederson Fired in Philly

13 minutes ago, Jetty said:

I dont know what to feel about this one. Tanking that last game really rubbed alot of players the wrong way.

It's not as much about that to me as it is pursuing yet another retread HC.  We got Miami's leftovers in Gase, we fortunately dodge Mike McCarthy.  I just don't feel like I want a guy coming in here 30 seconds after he walked away from a dumpster fire that he partially lit.

Good coach, but JD and Pederson in NY just feels a bit....I don't know, stale maybe?  And how would ownership (and media to a lesser degree) look at this?

I think we could definitely expect to draft a QB, to sign someone like Nick Foles to be backup and we'd become the Eagles North team.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

It’s mind boggling

People comparing Pederson to Rich Kotite and Adam Gase is some of the goofiest sh*t I’ve heard.

We’ll scoff at a dude who played QB in the NFL for 15 years, is Andy Reid’s most successful disciple and won a Super Bowl 3 years ago with a backup QB but go googoo gaga over these assistant coaches that are complete shots in the dark, every last one of them.

I honestly feel with some of these fans, it has to do with stockholm syndrome being used to bad coaching/bad qb play. Truly.

Also people let’s get the facts straight. People act like he was a flash in the pan with the Super Bowl.

7-9 wentz rookie year

13-3 wentz mvp/foles playoffs/SB win

9-7

9-7 division champs

4-10-1

The guy outside of this year has done pretty damn well given that has shown the ability to put together an SB team. Not included in there are the multitude of draft picks that continued to be abject misses that didn’t seem to follow any other teams board. 

Hiring Pederson would be a huge win for this organization. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

I don't know sh*t about the Eagles the last couple of years.  Anybody follow why they imploded?  Was it Roseman or Pederson the who get most blame?

This year their offensive line was absolutely decimated by injuries, particularly at tackle. And I believe they're one of the top 3 teams in the league by number of different players they've had to start due to injuries.

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Are they firing Roseman too?  Because if not, Lurie is an absolute dunce almost on the level of Chris Johnson.  

You don't get to a season as bad as 2020 and the cap hell that team is in without god awful front office decision making.  

And to boot it was Roseman that gave Wentz the large extension that hasn't even kicked in yet. Geez, that team is in much worse share than even the bottom feeders in the league.

• Upvote 1

Pederson is a good coach.  If he does have a good relationship with JD then that's a plus.  JD would get someone he trusts and knows how he operates.  We are looking for stability in this organization and having these two guys on the same page is the start of righting this ship.

I also think Pederson would have a good take on Sam versus the college prospects.  

I was on the fence with him but I think it would work for us.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Sounds like the nonsense the Jets pulled twi years ago trying to tell the HC who to hire.

There was a lot of talk going around the league before JD took the Jets job that he was sick of being  outvoted in the Eagles draft room.  Roseman involved an advanced analytics department in a lot of Eagles decisions.  And apparently JD got to hate it.  It's just a rumor.  But then again.  League insiders were amazed when CJ actually got JD to take the Jets job.  So maybe not the first guy in Philly to take off.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

True.

But Mike McCarthy is also a SB winning HC.

I'm not totally against Pederson but similar to our roster, I want some fresh blood.

McCarthy was a terrible HC I watch as many Green Bay games as Jets games and his game management was terrible at times it looked like he had no idea WTF was going on, He belongs in Dallas where Jerry can pull the strings and probably get no push back

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

Pederson is a good coach.  If he does have a good relationship with JD then that's a plus.  JD would get someone he trusts and knows how he operates.  We are looking for stability in this organization and having these two guys on the same page is the start of righting this ship.

I also think Pederson would have a good take on Sam versus the college prospects.  

This may be more of Douglas knowing how Pederson operates 

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

Big mistake outta Philly. Reid part 2?

Oooo Aaron Chewning GIF

That does make my ear perk up!  If ownership and GM in Philly is dumb enough to let two Super Bowl winning coaches walk because of differences then maybe we should be more interested than I think we should be.  Although, it was amicable with Reid.  They both wanted a break after several trips to the NFC Championship game.  This is a fracture now if Philly, but as @Jetsfan80 basically said, what owner would choose Wentz/Roseman over Pederson/Hurts right now?

• Upvote 3

Oooo Aaron Chewning GIF

That does make my ear perk up!  If ownership and GM in Philly is dumb enough to let two Super Bowl winning coaches walk because of differences then maybe we should be more interested than I think we should be.  Although, it was amicable with Reid.  They both wanted a break after several trips to the NFC Championship game.  This is a fracture now if Philly, but as @Jetsfan80 basically said, what owner would choose Wentz/Roseman over Pederson/Hurts right now?

Small point of order, Reid wasn't a SB-winner when Eagles let him go. Your point is valid, however.

• Upvote 3

People are comparing him to Gase not because they’ve had equal success, but because they both have reps as guys their own players dislike.

I also read through this thread and have not once seen the name Frank Reich, which is surprising as a lot of people theorize that he was truly the mastermind behind the 2017 Eagles and the results since then would support that theory. Reich is 28-20 in Indianapolis while Pederson has a losing record without Reich.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1

True.

But Mike McCarthy is also a SB winning HC.

I'm not totally against Pederson but similar to our roster, I want some fresh blood.

You sound like hipster vampire lol. Only want that farm to table blood. 

But for real. The guy is five years into coaching, so he’s not some retread. And this is his first season with less than 7 wins in his HC career. Think about his pedigree if he was an upcoming candidate and he’d be easily our top choice (OC for Reid called the plays, extensive background in Philly as QB coach, turned Alex smith from pretty good into a borderline weapon, coached up an MVP QB in the regular season, then in that same season coached up his backup and went on to win a SB him against Brady and the Pats, followed that up with two winning seasons before the wheels did come off a bit in the the most recent season in which he still showed the ability to coach up year another young QB to early success). 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, prime21 said:

He said this before we hired JD:

"Our relationship has been great. It's like we've said before. He's a big part of our scouting process and getting the information we need through our scouts and assisting us in that area," Pederson said. "Our process has always been a collaborative one. There is a lot of open dialog, whether it's between me and [Executive Vice President of Football Operations] Howie [Roseman], Joe and Howie, the three of us together, our owner [Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Jeffrey Lurie], and he's really built that relationship and has done a good job for us."