Pederson Fired in Philly

Pederson would be a solid hire. Its obvious there are issues in Philly since winning the SB with a BACKUP QB (yeah that's all caps) they have done a very poor job with that roster and with all the crap that was going on this year I can hardy Blame the HC who won a SB just a few short years ago. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

Even though Doug Pederson won a Super Bowl, and he has an Eagles connection  with Joe Douglas, it would be bad optics for the Jets franchise to hire another coach who just got fired. I like Pederson too, but I don't see it happening. He'll likely become Andy Reid's OC after Bieniemy gets a HC job. 

Bad optics? How? WTF does that even mean. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Untouchable said:

HC Doug Pederson

OC Press Taylor

DC Jim Schwartz 

Didn't Press already get the O\C job there? I'd be on board with that staff though I think Schwartz just announced he was taking a year away from football.

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Even though Doug Pederson won a Super Bowl, and he has an Eagles connection  with Joe Douglas, it would be bad optics for the Jets franchise to hire another coach who just got fired. I like Pederson too, but I don't see it happening. He'll likely become Andy Reid's OC after Bieniemy gets a HC job. 

Interesting point.....

• Upvote 2

Coaching history

2009 41 NFL Philadelphia Eagles Offensive Quality Control
2010 42 NFL Philadelphia Eagles Offensive Quality Control
2011 43 NFL Philadelphia Eagles Quarterbacks
2012 44 NFL Philadelphia Eagles Quarterbacks
2013 45 NFL Kansas City Chiefs Offensive Coordinator
2014 46 NFL Kansas City Chiefs Offensive Coordinator
2015 47 NFL Kansas City Chiefs Offensive Coordinator
2016 48 NFL Philadelphia Eagles Head Coach
2017 49 NFL Philadelphia Eagles Head Coach
2018 50 NFL Philadelphia Eagles Head Coach
2019 51 NFL Philadelphia Eagles Head Coach
2020 52 NFL Philadelphia Eagles Head Coach

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Apparently Lurie prefers Roseman/Wentz to Pederson/Jalen Hurts.  

That's pathetic.  Lurie blows.  

Just prepare yourself, if Jets hire Pederson the Darnold defenders are going to be very emboldened, understandably so. "Look what he did with Foles!"

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well, Pederson got fired today and Roseman is still currently employed.  So there's your answer.

Pederson is far better at his job than Roseman is at his.  That roster and cap situation is a dumpster fire.  Pederson is probably happy to be out of there right now.

Pederson got fired because he had the balls to finally sit Wentz on the bench. Simple as that. It made Lurie and Roseman look like fools considering how much they paid that bum.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TheMo said:

Let me get this straight. People ideally wanted a guy who is a CEO type and has head coaching experience. Even better if he does have knowledge of the offensive side of the ball. Proven history of being able to build a staff and shown he can bring up a talented QB. And let’s forget about having a Super Bowl ring let alone an appearance with in the last 5 years, that’s a pipe dream right?? That person is staring people in the face and now everyone wants to bitch and moan about it. Has to be close to #1 on the list.

Remember Andy Reid got run out of Philly too and you guys would bust a nut to have him now. Remember people on JI being like oh he’s not that good blah blah when he was let go. 

To be fair, you're describing the Mike McCarthy situation from two years ago to a tee. And he looks terrible in Dallas.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1