Multiple teams have contacted NYJ about Sam Darnold

They cant just trade him now because they would have to figure out if he is part of a possible Watson deal.   Also there is the possibility of trading down and no QB s drafted so he may still be part of the plan this year. 

But speaking with other teams does give them the general idea of what they can probably get.   The next 3 months will be the most intriguing nail biting off season we have had in perhaps our entire history.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

You'll be back, year after year for more torture. Nobody ever leaves. 

Tell me about it.  And I just can't bring myself to switch teams.   Would be too weird.

Have floated the idea to the wife that we start taking hikes, etc. during our games next season if Darnold is the QB.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Multiple teams inquiring about Darnold because he's 23, cheap and has potential. Most importantly he shuts his mouth and plays 

Watson is 25, expensive and has demands about how the team should be run. He's on the verge of a holdout and shooting his way out of town. 

Yes Watson is the guy who is better at football. He's also a high maintenance guy. 

The Jets get paid the same for wins and losses. They don't need to be hassled by qb1 making the most money in team history 

Fans see darnold as a problem but he's actually super low maintenance. Watson is someone else's problem, at least from the owner perspective. The last thing woody Johnson wants to do is talk to an employee about how he should run his business. Woody would rather lose for a decade straight than do that. And in fact he has done exactly that 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 14
  • WTF? 4
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Multiple teams inquiring about Darnold because he's 23, cheap and has potential. Most importantly he shuts his mouth and plays 

Watson is 25, expensive and has demands about how the team should be run. He's on the verge of a holdout and shooting his way out of town. 

Yes Watson is the guy who is better at football. He's also a high maintenance guy. 

The Jets get paid the same for wins and losses. They don't need to be hassled by qb1 making the most money in team history 

Fans see darnold as a problem but he's actually super low maintenance. Watson is someone else's problem, at least from the owner perspective. The last thing woody Johnson wants to do is talk to an employee about how he should run his business. Woody would rather lose for a decade straight than do that. And in fact he has done exactly that 

Woah, dark

28 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I have "expressed" myself similarly so often in my household that my family is about ready to boot me out the door.   I saw what Darnold had as a QB after his first season.   It has been torture watching all the awful games he's "directed", week after week, the following two years.  

Seriously, I'm about to finally walk after 55+ years as a fan of this team.   I just can't watch this sh*t anymore.   I pray hourly to various gods, and netherworld demons too, for a QB change.  Ideally with Watson. 

Well at least we have now figured out where Daron Lee came from...

little-demon.gif

• Haha 3

Just now, The Crusher said:

If Sam starts next year...

Dear Mrs Munchmemory

Please make sure your husband and our Jet fan brother is on the inside of any hiking trail with a drop off on your Sunday hikes. Thank you, 

RLLOL  Won't work.  Just to shut me up, she'll give me the necessary shove.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Tell me about it.  And I just can't bring myself to switch teams.   Would be too weird.

Have floated the idea to the wife that we start taking hikes, etc. during our games next season if Darnold is the QB.

..on second thought...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1