Albert Breer: "If I had to handicap it right now, my guess would be the Jets will hang on to the pick, take a quarterback and deal off Darnold"

Jetsbb

25 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

I also can tell you that they’d want to see Wilson, Fields and Lance throw at their pro days before making a final call. Those pro days are March 26, March 31, and March 12, respectively. Which means the Jets likely won’t shop the pick, if they ever do, until April 1.

Hello my name is Albert and I contradict my previous clauses with my follow-up clauses

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, SAR I said:

Wait.  My FedEx guy has an opinion on what the Jets are going to do with Sam Darnold.  Let me go create a new thread.

SAR I

Uh Idiot. Albert Breer is the most locked in insider on the planet. He had a breakdown of every offer the Lions got for Stafford down to the time it happened. He knew Adam Gase would be the head coach of the Jets before anyone else. He wrote a story of in depth conversations Darnold had at dinner with the Jets brain trust and Macagnans exact words to the draft room when he found out Darnold would drop. This thread is to counteract the bull **** thread of the Boston sports writer saying there was buzz Jets would keep Darnold.

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

Unless we get a first or a high 2 plus some for Darnold, I’d keep him and draft a rookie at #2. Let them fight it out. It’s the most important position in the game and you need to get this call right for the next 15 plus years. Jets aren’t convinced Sam isn’t the guy. Don’t let him walk for a cheap day 2 pick. 

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

Uh Idiot. Albert Breer is the most locked in insider on the planet. He had a breakdown of every offer the Lions got for Stafford down to the time it happened. He knew Adam Gase would be the head coach of the Jets before anyone else. He wrote a story of in depth conversations Darnold had at dinner with the Jets brain trust and Macagnans exact words to the draft room when he found out Darnold would drop. This thread is to counteract the bull **** thread of the Boston sports writer saying there was buzz Jets would keep Darnold.

Shhh.  I'm trying to read the article you posted.  It's so riveting.  So written.  Such Tweet.

Tomorrow when some "insider" speculates that Robert Saleh's favorite color is blue and that little voice inside your head says "oh boy, I have to create a new thread" make sure to tag me so I don't miss it.

SAR I

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Shhh.  I'm trying to read the article you posted.  It's so riveting.  So written.  Such Tweet.

Tomorrow when some "insider" speculates that Robert Saleh's favorite color is blue and that little voice inside your head says "oh boy, I have to create a new thread" make sure to tag me so I don't miss it.

SAR I

Oh I get it. You got owned by logic so you had to revert to childish bashing. Go run along and play with the little kids and let the adults talk now.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Does anyone actually think they need these guys pro days to make their decision?  They know what these guys are - seeing Wilson or fields throw in shorts against air isn’t somehow going to change their scout on them. 

The reason Pro Days are significant is because it’s really the only time that reporters have access to actual NFL decision makers. It’s not that the GMs are making evaluations based on that one workout, it’s simply that Breer, Rapoport, etc can finally get a quote from an actual GM about a specific player.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Does anyone actually think they need these guys pro days to make their decision?  They know what these guys are - seeing Wilson or fields throw in shorts against air isn’t somehow going to change their scout on them. 

I think the interviews and board work are pretty important. It’s probably what’s going to help teams decide between Fields and Wilson. They’re pretty close together otherwise.

14 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

The board is getting punchy and not much or any new news. Just rehashing the same  things. The one constant is we don’t want any name calling on the board. Feel free to use the new and improved deluxe ignore function if a particular poster is getting to you. Thanks,