Jets Signing Tevin Coleman

Bronx

Just now, Paradis said:

@Jetsfan80 how you managing through all this pro keeping Sam talk Lolol 

haven’t heard much from you since Watson came under fire and Fields has been faded by media. ...you’d take Wilson over a rebuild and rediscover year with Darnie?

Whatever decision the Jets make at QB will be bad.  I just don't care anymore.  I feel nothing. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Historically.  I assume you've been watching the last 50 years.

This coaching staff is coaching for the first time ever.

I assume you know that.  Probably might also realize that what others did before has nothing to do with what will happen going forward.  Otherwise we should never have fired any of the previous staffs

Kind of lazy comment

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Whatever decision the Jets make at QB will be bad.  I just don't care anymore.  I feel nothing. 

Yet when the season starts, your will reach into the thimble where you keep the remainder of your Jets hope and get sucked in just like the rest of us. 

It is inevitable. 

image.jpeg.2fb76e31dd460f9299c7cd13aa1cc482.jpeg

Then the season starts:

image.jpeg.8cdcbd1d55a6d58db257e66b433a7e66.jpeg

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

If Perrine beats him out, Coleman is cut.

If Coleman beats Perrine out, he will be cut.  My guess we roll with a possible guy later in the draft and Adams and Johnson. 

I doubt that.  JD drafted perine.  It took Wackagnan 3 years to finally admit Hack was a mistake and he traded him

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I doubt that.  JD drafted perine.  It took Wackagnan 3 years to finally admit Hack was a mistake and he traded him

Perine has value on specials. He’s a useful roster piece beyond running the football.

14 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Another 1 year deal

I'm a big fan of the one year deal. Keeps the player motivated for their next contract, allows the Jets a higher likelihood of getting a comp pick if the player performs well, leaves the door open for draft picks to replace them, and leaves us with $0 in dead cap. Jets had like $17m in dead cap last year, basically like losing an elite WR worth of money due to bad contracts.

8 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It's unreal that a fan base can get this agitated over a1 yr 2 million dollar signing of a RB that is familiar with the new system..

There's nothing that shouldn't agitate a life long Jets fan. In fact, I'd be suspicious of a Jet fan who doesn't get agitated over everything.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I watched a few clips of Coleman on YouTube yesterday.  He's even faster than I remember.

Coleman really runs like he's been shot out of a cannon.  Of course, he's often as healthy as a guy who's been shot out of a cannon, but he's due for a healthy season so hopefully it's for us this year.

He’s a good receiver out of the backfield.  Always has been

Not sure if it's been mentioned but per Coleman's pro-football reference page he has consistently had above-average numbers as a receiver (for a back). If his pass-pro is good, combined with his receiving ability, he could strongly compete with Perine for third down play---block, go into a pattern, or chip and then go out for a pass

19 hours ago, RVAJet815 said:

Barring a bad camp showing, the guys on the roster are probably what you get. Draft is possible but You’re more in the Kylin/Gainwell/Herbert range at that point. Point is the Etienne/Harris stuff is very unlikely.

They were always very unlikely, because that's not how the Shanahan system values running backs. In fact, the Shanahan offense is famous for taking low investment backs and turning them into excellent producers to superstars. Think Terrell Davis, Arian Foster, mostert, etc etc

Not only should the lack of premium investment in the running back position not surprise any of you oh, but it is actually a very very good sign for the Jets.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, mrcoops said:

I watched a few clips of Coleman on YouTube yesterday.  He's even faster than I remember.

Coleman really runs like he's been shot out of a cannon.  Of course, he's often as healthy as a guy who's been shot out of a cannon, but he's due for a healthy season so hopefully it's for us this year.

our own super dave osborn

• Upvote 1

Just now, Doggin94it said:

They were always very unlikely, because that's not how the Shanahan system values running backs. In fact, the Shanahan offense is famous for taking low investment backs and turning them into excellent producers to superstars. Think Terrell Davis, Arian Foster, mostert, etc etc

Not only should the lack of premium investment in the running back position not surprise any of you oh, but it is actually a very very good sign for the Jets.

Exactly. Saleh and Lafleur come from SF where the Niners running game has been really good with undrafted players like Mostert and Jeff Wilson Jr. the last couple of years. 

If the Jets were handing out big money for Coleman to be the #1 guy I would be nervous, but this is just another Perine/Adams/Johnson type talent that also knows the system. Most importantly, these guys all come cheap and have zero impact on future years salary cap. 

This is not a ringing endorsement for Coleman. I would have been just as content with Gus, Conner, Howard, Ingram (before he got signed). These guys are all the same. 

18 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Good for depth I guess. I would rather see Perone fall down for 3 yards than Coleman gaining 2. 

well he averages over 4.2 yards per carry in his career (4.33 excluding last year) and between 2016-2019 averaged 917 yards from scrimmage and 8.75 TDs a year as a committee back.  Perine's career long carry is 20 yards whereas coleman has multiple carries of 50+ yards.

he has a playoff game where he went 22-105 with 2 TDs (1/1/20 vs. Minny), whereas perine's "best game" is 11-40 (1 TD)

52 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

well he averages over 4.2 yards per carry in his career (4.33 excluding last year) and between 2016-2019 averaged 917 yards from scrimmage and 8.75 TDs a year as a committee back.  Perine's career long carry is 20 yards whereas coleman has multiple carries of 50+ yards.

he has a playoff game where he went 22-105 with 2 TDs (1/1/20 vs. Minny), whereas perine's "best game" is 11-40 (1 TD)

Hard to evaluate Perine accurately when our OL sucked last year outside of Becton

On 3/25/2021 at 1:30 PM, jetblue95 said:

Sorry, didn’t mean to downplay TCs Barry Sanders level talent. 

4 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

Sorry, didn’t mean to downplay TCs Barry Sanders level talent. 

can you show me where i came anywhere close to calling him barry sanders like?

the jets added a decent, low priced RB who has proven to be able to produce out of a committee.  he knows the system and he is signed to a very cheap, 1-year deal.

no one is saying he solves the RB position.  but he helps make the team better.  don't know why people can't just accept that instead of engaging in ridiculous straw man arguments

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1