All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED

AFJF

9 hours ago, victorjets said:

Zach Wilson earning the starting spot as a true freshman. BYU was getting destroyed by Utah State, late in garbage time the coach finally let Zach play. I like how the lineman instantly gravitates towards him on the sidelines.

Kinda looks like the same guy. Pretty impressive.

23 hours ago, QB1 said:

Asinine comparison 

I should have explained myself better. Zach Wilson was not that good in 2019. I think 2020 was a fluke, because lack of competition with players opted out. Sam never got fair shot, with 2 different head coach, 3 different offensive systems. Since 2008, what percentage of Quarterbacks that were drafted in top 10, are still with the in the NFL and with the team that drafted them? Excluding Quarterbacks that are still on their rookie deal. 

Loves Zach Wilson, but couches it by saying that Wilson didn’t face much pressure all year and it remains to be seen how he responds when he has to face a pass rush. Which seems like a thing you’d want to know.
I dont disagree .. but the talent IS there ... aquire or draft a couple guards and trade up for Pitts and roll the dice.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Loves Zach Wilson, but couches it by saying that Wilson didn’t face much pressure all year and it remains to be seen how he responds when he has to face a pass rush. Which seems like a thing you’d want to know.

Idk. People knew Sam Darnold struggled with the blitz and couldn’t throw deep but he still went 3 overall.  In this case The dilemma is “Wilson was good against pressure but the sample size was small.” It seems worth the risk. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Greeny is a idiot 

ACCBCFB3-84DF-4F7A-87E3-ED4FB794FDAA.thumb.jpeg.50c86d796e9673de7447bbbc2c902839.jpeg

23 minutes ago, PS17 said:

**** Greenberg. 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hot take garbage

I accidentally caught about five minutes of his show a couple weeks ago, and he said Darnold’s career was “a tragedy” and that Douglas and the team “did everything they could to make sure he has no future.” Just straight up seltzer and cream pies sh*t

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I accidentally caught about five minutes of his show a couple weeks ago, and he said Darnold’s career was “a tragedy” and that Douglas and the team “did everything they could to make sure he has no future.” Just straight up seltzer and cream pies sh*t

Cream pies?

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hot take garbage

I didn't say it was a hot take or anything else. I just 100% agree with Greeny here and I'll save myself the effort of explaining myself by showing Greenys take on it. Just my opinion. Nothing personal. After all that's we do here, right? No need to get your panties in a bunch, Tommy....

44 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I agree 100% with Greeny

Completely baffled but how many want to keep Darnold. Wilson is a better prospect than Darnold was in every way. So Wilson will be better in the offense than Sam and will be on a rookie contract. It makes no logical success to think that Darnold will all of a sudden become good, and logically his ceiling is middle of the pack. They win a Championship like once in 20 years. Wilson is not that big of a risk because we still have a first rounder, 2 next year and we need no additional capital to get him. Just stop the nonsense.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Wilson fan here! & I don’t approve of this thread. Make no mistake, I will be extremely excited if we draft him & I’ll most likely be clinging to every throw he makes from training camp to the end of the season, but this savior stuff is stale and it does us no good. Sam “The Savior”, “Mark Sanchize”, etc, etc. 

I’d enjoy it if we wait & see how Wilson plays before we anoint him savior of the franchise. If he has a rookie season like Justin Herbert, I’d hang a banner up for the kid in the rafters....not now..not until it happens.

Whoever this team drafts at 2 will be expected to be instant savior 

This is not a patient town 

5 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

It’s like an anodyne sports talk radio parody you’d tune to on GTA or something

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I didn't say it was a hot take or anything else. I just 100% agree with Greeny here and I'll save myself the effort of explaining myself by showing Greenys take on it. Just my opinion. Nothing personal. After all that's we do here, right? No need to get your panties in a bunch, Tommy....

I wasn’t being uppity.

16 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Completely baffled but how many want to keep Darnold. Wilson is a better prospect than Darnold was in every way. So Wilson will be better in the offense than Sam and will be on a rookie contract. It makes no logical success to think that Darnold will all of a sudden become good, and logically his ceiling is middle of the pack. They win a Championship like once in 20 years. Wilson is not that big of a risk because we still have a first rounder, 2 next year and we need no additional capital to get him. Just stop the nonsense.

So I guess if there's any truth to the article saying that the CS prefers to work with Sammy, you're telling the CS they don't know what they're doing? Quite frankly, I think it's all nonsense. I stated my opinion on this matter. Take it however you choose.....

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s like an anodyne sports talk radio parody you’d tune to on GTA or something

He really does seem like a robot that ESPN fed ten thousand pages of WFAN transcripts into. No analysis whatsoever, just "I loved this kid coming out of the draft, so if he sucks it's only because he's uhh King Lear or whatever"

23 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

So I guess if there's any truth to the article saying that the CS prefers to work with Sammy, you're telling the CS they don't know what they're doing? Quite frankly, I think it's all nonsense. I stated my opinion on this matter. Take it however you choose.....

Outside of football guy that has not been reported by anyone else that I remember. And I would think early in the process that might have been true since Saleh came to the Jets expecting to still use Sam. But once the evaluation process starts that opinion likely changed. I doubt that after Wilson's measurements and Pro Day that Saleh had a gigantic grin because the Jets were not going to take Wilson. I think there is close to zero chance after everything we have heard that the CS still is of that opinion, but believe what you want. To the outside world it is so obvious that the Jets are taking Wilson that the odds are something like -1000. I don't get why fans are so desperately clinging to the Jets not taking Wilson. It would be an utter shock if they don't.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Sounds like you’d never draft a QB.... there will always be questions on all of these guys. Even for Trevor Lawrence who didn’t throw well when he faced pass rush.

18 minutes ago, Icer said:

lol at posting Mike Greenberg takes in 2021

This clown was advocating for Lawrence to dodge the Jets 4 months ago. His shtick is to be the SOJF contrarian nihilist.

Imagine a die-hard Jets fan pleading with Trevor Lawrence to dodge his favorite team on national TV. Not the sharpest tool in the shed. 

• Upvote 1

Jets ‘committed’ to Zach Wilson and the 49ers are jealous: Steve Young

By Ryan Dunleavy

April 2, 2021 | 4:47pm

The Jets have made their 2021 NFL Draft decision barring any drastic changes, according to ESPN analyst Steve Young.

Speaking on how the 49ers would love to draft BYU quarterback Zach Wilson with the No. 3 pick, Young – the Pro Football Hall of Famer for his days quarterbacking in San Francisco – said the Jets are a roadblock to the dream.

“The Jets have committed to Zach and recruited the family,” Young said on KNBR Sports Radio’s “Tolbert, Krueger and Brooks” podcast. “I just don’t know how that gets undone, but you know, look, a lot can happen.”

The 49ers traded two future first-round draft picks in a package to move up from No. 12 to No. 3 last week. By making such a steep commitment, the 49ers essentially were saying there are at least three quarterbacks they think have really bright futures and they are OK with any of them.

The Jaguars are all but locked into taking Trevor Lawrence at No. 1. Even before Young’s comments, the Jets were thought to be favoring Wilson at No. 2 rather than sticking with fourth-year pro Sam Darnold. That leaves the 49ers choosing between Justin Fields, Mac Jones or Trey Lance at No. 3.

image.thumb.png.d0acc6613193bb6fd370924f0453faff.png

Zach Wilson at BYU’s pro day on March 26, 2021 BYU Athletics

“There’s no question in my mind, if [the 49ers] can figure out how to get Zach, that’s their No. 1 first choice,” Young said. “I just don’t know how they get it done.”

Of all teams, the 49ers should have the best insight into the Jets’ thinking. New Jets coach Robert Saleh previously was the 49ers defensive coordinator and maintains close relationships with 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan and general manager John Lynch. Young, who also starred at BYU, also remains well-connected in San Francisco, so perhaps he is teasing another possibility by not completely slamming the door shut. 

Could the 49ers have one more blockbuster trade in store, swapping picks No. 2 and No. 3 with the Jets? The 49ers set the market for such a trade in 2017, when they moved back from No. 2 to No. 3 and picked up two third-rounders and a fourth-rounder from the Bears.

In that case, the Jets would have to decide between pairing an elite playmaker with Darnold – or going with a different rookie quarterback.

“I think Zach would love it, the family would love, nothing would make anyone happier,” Young said of Wilson landing with the 49ers. “I think the 49ers, that’s their unstated first choice, so that would be wonderful. If it can happen, they would figure it out.”

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Unfortunately that’s pretty much the case with all of the top guys coming out of college.

That is the primary risk.  He has all the talent in the world.  Can he work in the pocket and make quick decisions?

We don’t know, but if he can figure that out - we have a good one.