All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED

AFJF

If you didn’t see this. Good article on Wilson 

All the same, Wilson’s changed Beck’s mentality a little, too, getting him to think bigger. Part of that has been being ready for the potential (probable?) result that Wilson lands in New York, and everything that comes along with that. In fact, Beck told me he’s planning to line up two friends of his—Chad Pennington and Josh McCown, a pair of former Jets QBs—to talk to Wilson about the challenges of playing in America’s biggest market. 

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

They shouldnt be. The Jets had to take the QB at two. 

There's no reason for Jets fans right now to be anti Wilson. 

These next few years are going to be brutal. 

Regardless of how good Wilson MIGHT become, every INT, every loss and the anti-Zachers are going to be out for blood. 

This board is going to suck if we don’t win every game. 

29 minutes ago, Marshmello said:

I think Urban has to take Lawrence.

You could feel a certain way with regards to who is better, but taking Lawrence is the easiest way to keep your job safe due to his high praise. Also regardless of whether Wilson may have a higher ceiling, Lawrence has an extremely high floor. 

If Lawrence fails, then you could say "well everyone thought he was good, not my problem that he wasn't that good". However if you take Wilson over him and Wilson fails then its "everyone had Lawrence as #1 and you decided to play it cute when you had a free lottery ticket for a generational prospect"

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Grandy said:

I think Urban has to take Lawrence.

You could feel a certain way with regards to who is better, but taking Lawrence is the easiest way to keep your job safe due to his high praise. Also regardless of whether Wilson may have a higher ceiling, Lawrence has an extremely high floor. 

If Lawrence fails, then you could say "well everyone thought he was good, not my problem that he wasn't that good". However if you take Wilson over him and Wilson fails then its "everyone had Lawrence as #1 and you decided to play it cute when you had a free lottery ticket for a generational prospect"

The Jaguars need the Lawrence brand as much as the player.

11 hours ago, prime21 said:

Even though the pick will be Lawrence, I do agree that the Jags should have been fully represented for Zach’s pro day. What if something happens to Lawrence before draft day?

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

I've been doing a bunch of PFF mock drafts and they have the Jags taking Wilson about 15 to 20% of the time.  Don't think it's going to happen but it is theoretically possible.  Remember how surprised everyone was when the Texans took Mario Williams at 1 over Reggie Bush?

Chris Simms @CSimmsQB

No, not worried at all. Seen plenty of Zach Wilson under pressure to know that he needs the least room of anyone in this draft to succeed. He can handle pressure, I am 100% confident in that.

Davin Patterson @mreald

why doesn't the lack of tape of Zach Wilson under pressure scare you?

• Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Regardless of how good Wilson MIGHT become, every INT, every loss and the anti-Zachers are going to be out for blood. 

Yup.

There are far too many people with their heels dug into the "I H8 ZW" fan club....That this place will be unbearable as he develops.  They will relish in the Jets losing.  It's sad.

On 4/5/2021 at 10:38 PM, Peace Frog said:

Because Sam won so many,

On 4/6/2021 at 12:39 PM, FidelioJet said:

Yup.

There are far too many people with their heels dug into the "I H8 ZW" fan club....That this place will be unbearable as he develops.  They will relish in the Jets losing.  It's sad.

I'm hoping that won't be the case. Whomever the Jets draft should get the full support of this fan base. That doesn't mean fans can't be critical of his play, but I'm hoping for fair criticism. 

I'm sure there will be factions though:

1. ZW is a future all pro

2. ZW is s**t

3. ZW is somewhere in between.

I think many of us fall in #3, but respond to posters we perceive to be in #1 or #2 in a way that invites the contrarian viewpoint. Thus we are perceived to be in the opposite camp.  Maybe, I'm wrong.

I didn't realize how good the kid was until I REALLY started watching some of his film.  Some of those throws are just insane.  Doesn't even need his feet set and its twenty five yards up field (on a dime) while taking the entire pocket with him.   Some of the games I saw him in weren't his best performances.  But geez.  Anybody can see the potential there Wilson has.  He could be quite the player.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You know it’s full-on draft season when the second ranked QB keeps getting better and the first ranked QB keeps getting worse and neither has played a game in four months. 

Seriously this feels like the media is trying to shove the worst qb option down our throats I’m getting suspicious

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You know it’s full-on draft season when the second ranked QB keeps getting better and the first ranked QB keeps getting worse and neither has played a game in four months. 

This is what happens when all season, Trevor Lawrence was anointed the next HOF qb and nobody was ever considered close, but after the season the film junkies have had time to really go through things.  

12 hours ago, football guy said:

Just like the Red Sox beating the Yankees in the Bronx in ‘04 was their perfectly conceptual reality of reversing their curse...

Zach Wilson being a stud and leading us to a Super Bowl, and Trevor Lawrence sucking would be ours.

Once we beat LA, it was all “SAME OLD JETS AGAIN! They missed out of the greatest athlete and human being ever! Oh my God!! What losers!”

This would be divine poetry to have our “runner up” be the guy and Jax left with happy Ryan Leaf.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports there are "zero issues" with the shoulder BYU QB Zach Wilson had surgically-repaired in 2019. 

The Jets, who seem locked into Wilson at No. 2, have reportedly received info from "trusted medical sources." It would appear nothing was flagged at Wilson's Combine re-check in Indianapolis. Speaking Tuesday, Jets GM Joe Douglas all but admitted Wilson would be the team's pick.