Josh McCown thinks Zach Wilson has a higher ceiling and a better upside than Trevor Lawrence

I'll take Chris Simms opinion on the topic more seriously but it's interesting that Josh McCown agrees that Wilson is a better

prospect than Lawrence!!! I trust the new coaching staff and it's encouraging that they have focused on Wilson as well.

7. No Joshing: A week ago in this space, former Jets quarterback Josh McCown said his hope was Darnold would get a chance to redeem himself under the new coaching staff. We know that's not going to happen. At the same time, McCown proclaimed himself a Wilson fan.

"I don't think it's a bad pick," McCown said. "I think he has a higher ceiling and a better upside than Trevor Lawrence, personally. I like him a little better."

• Upvote 1

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/86368/new-york-jets-deal-their-way-into-franchise-changing-game-of-21

7. No Joshing: A week ago in this space, former Jets quarterback Josh McCown said his hope was Darnold would get a chance to redeem himself under the new coaching staff. We know that's not going to happen. At the same time, McCown proclaimed himself a Wilson fan.

"I don't think it's a bad pick," McCown said. "I think he has a higher ceiling and a better upside than Trevor Lawrence, personally. I like him a little better."

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Are you saying 1/2 of this board turned traitor and cheered for the pats to beat the Jets all for nothing?!?!?!?!?!

3 wins would not have changed anything but 4 wins would have dropped us to the 4th pick because of tiebreakers. If Jets beat Pats that is 3 wins and way to close for comfort needing that miracle against the Raiders to avoid that 4th win.

• Upvote 1

Well, that's at least 3 of us that agree.  :) 

Don't think Lawrence is bad or anything, just don't think he's the "generaltional QB" he was advertised as.

Have to say I'm really all in on Wilson.  Except for his "narrow frame" really can't find much in his game I don't like.   Wanted to really like Fields because of his body type, but IMO Wilson moved way ahead of him.  

• Upvote 1

Amazing to see the way talking heads have cooled on Lawrence. Reminiscent of the vibe around Darnold heading into draft day while Baker’s stock took off 

well theres no drama surrounding TL as pick 1, so no clickbait.
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I like Wilson but this is getting out of hand. Lawrence is a national champion and has beat the sh*t out of some very good teams. If we had the first pick everyone would be all over Lawrence like they are Wilson.

So Mac Jones is the pick then? 

Just now, JustEndTheSuffering said:

If you read my post you'd see that I said I like Wilson. I just don't believe he's better than Trevor.

According to you because he won a chip and beat good teams... so Mac Jones is the pick- got it 

17 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I like Wilson but this is getting out of hand. Lawrence is a national champion and has beat the sh*t out of some very good teams. If we had the first pick everyone would be all over Lawrence like they are Wilson.

He is not a nat champ this year, or last.

In point of fact against the very good teams he has showed he is not 'generational'

Will he be the 1st pick in the draft no matter who is picking in the NFL?  Yeah most likely but the gap between him and the two or three other top end QBs in this draft is not nearly as large as people talked about the last few years.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, jetsrule1969 said:

I'll take Chris Simms opinion on the topic more seriously but it's interesting that Josh McCown agrees that Wilson is a better

prospect than Lawrence!!! I trust the new coaching staff and it's encouraging that they have focused on Wilson as well.

7. No Joshing: A week ago in this space, former Jets quarterback Josh McCown said his hope was Darnold would get a chance to redeem himself under the new coaching staff. We know that's not going to happen. At the same time, McCown proclaimed himself a Wilson fan.

"I don't think it's a bad pick," McCown said. "I think he has a higher ceiling and a better upside than Trevor Lawrence, personally. I like him a little better."

Someone’s looking for a job!

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

49 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The upside part isnt debateable.  We have enough games on Trevor Lawrence that we know what he is.  His ceiling is a Phillip Rivers/Matt Ryan type.  He can be a B plus qb.

Zach Wilson ceiling is patrick mahomes and Aaron Rodgers.  He can be an A plus qb.

I think it's safe to say that Lawrence has a higher floor than Wilson, but Wilson could have a higher ceiling.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The upside part isnt debateable.  We have enough games on Trevor Lawrence that we know what he is.  His ceiling is a Phillip Rivers/Matt Ryan type.  He can be a B plus qb.

Zach Wilson ceiling is patrick mahomes and Aaron Rodgers.  He can be an A plus qb.

Holy shit! 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Please, type your post again and again.... but slower....a little slower..... now faster, faster, FASTER!!!!

meg ryan yas GIF

jizz in my pants GIF

naked orgasm GIF

• Haha 2

I've seen the 'bigger Matthew Stafford' comp but I think that he and Rivers aren't good comps, and certainly not good ceilings, for Lawrence. Lawrence's mobility and athleticism makes him more Andrew Luck or Deshaun Watson than either of those two.
  • Upvote 1