Sack Exchange 2.0

Bronx

31 minutes ago, nycdan said:

That is interesting.  Again raises the question of whether an edge at #23 is really the best path to improving the team as a whole.

It is tempting to have a supreme D but most likely: WR or RB (a reach).for Zach"s sake.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Bronx said:

It is tempting to have a supreme D but most likely: WR or RB (a reach).for Zach"s sake.

Agreed. From all reports, this EDGE class is developmental at best. This team needs to do everything possible to give Zach a chance. A situational edge rush prospect isn't the way to go in the first round. For better or worse, the immediate future of this team depends on Zach and his development, not the pass rush.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

That is interesting.  Again raises the question of whether an edge at #23 is really the best path to improving the team as a whole.

I think so because we need another guy to be full starter vs rotational backup. I mean i realize they all rotate but a rookie woudl be great to add in. 

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

How many times have we put the cart before the horse with stuff like this?   You're happy with that lineup?  Awesome.  But let's call them a New Sack Exchange once they actually compete well together.   Who knows, they might wind up as the new "Sack of Sh*t Exchange". 

Exactly.  In order to be considered a "sack exchange" it would seem to me that you need to have recorded at least one sack first.  I am optimistic about the defensive front we are gonna roll out there, but before we compare them with an all-time great Jets unit, let them prove something on the field first.

• Upvote 1

So I guess it is a foregone conclusion that Zuniga is a bust already.   Well I don't think so, I get it he has had issues staying healthy and last year was no exception.  I am still willing to see what he can bring to the table next year, assuming he can stay on the field.   His talent is undeniable.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

So I guess it is a foregone conclusion that Zuniga is a bust already.   Well I don't think so, I get it he has had issues staying healthy and last year was no exception.  I am still willing to see what he can bring to the table next year, assuming he can stay on the field.   His talent is undeniable.  

I forgot he was on the team.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Bronx said:

Where would we start a drafted receiver? In front of Mims? Or Crowder?Or Cole? Unless Mims is a bust those 3 behind Davis is enough depth, there’s only 1 football.

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

I would not be calling him a bust.  I think he is a much better fit as a 4-3 DE and I am curious to see what he can do this coming season.  With the depth we have along the defenzive front, we won't need too much from him, but he was really good at generating inside pressure at Florida.  I think he can be a nice rotational piece who should be given an opportunity to prove he can play at this level this season.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

Thank god for the mute button.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Lith said:

I would not be calling him a bust.  I think he is a much better fit as a 4-3 DE and I am curious to see what he can do this coming season.  With the depth we have along the defenzive front, we won't need too much from him, but he was really good at generating inside pressure at Florida.  I think he can be a nice rotational piece who should be given an opportunity to prove he can play at this level this season.

I think that Saleh will be able to unlock his ability and as you said, become a valuable rotational player.  At least I hope so.  

4 hours ago, nycdan said:

maybe not since they signed lawson.  but what it also does is to let them draft a player that's more of a project or maybe zuniga will get better with coaching from saleh et al.

Totally agree- it should be a lot closer to what he was doing in college. If he's going to be a productive pro, this is the situation that could unlock that. If not, it's probably not going to happen.
  • Sympathy 1