Jason Sudeikis is funny

3 minutes ago, doublel9 said:

Wow, harsh.  Fey, Poehler, Wiig, Jones, Morgan, Hader, Sudeikis, et. al. hardly suck.

Yes, they all suck.

Especially the chicks that everyone fawns over.

Why Poehler, Fey, etc went on to star in movies, produce and direct stuff, etc while actual funny chicks like Cheri Oteri and Molly Shannon were swept under the rug is beyond me.

• Thumb Down 5
  • WTF? 3

8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Yes, they all suck.

Why Poehler, Fey, etc went on to star in movies, produce and direct stuff, etc while actual funny chicks like Cheri Oteri and Molly Shannon were swept under the rug is beyond me.

Agree on Oteri and Shannon.  Hollywood is a fickle beast

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Yes, they all suck.

Have you never watched 30 Rock?

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Have you never watched 30 Rock?

Yes

Had it’s moments, but aside from the main cast members, I’d have a hard time differentiating it from The Office, Parks and Recreation, Modern Family, etc.

They all have the same formula and comedic delivery 

15 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Yes

Had it’s moments, but aside from the main cast members, I’d have a hard time differentiating it from The Office, Parks and Recreation, Modern Family, etc.

They all have the same formula and comedic delivery 

No. In format 30 Rock was incredibly different. The other 3 had the fake documentary format to explain jokes. 30 Rock was all about building a world and repeat jokes and only did the documentary thing in 1 episode as a joke.  

Funniest thing to come from an SNL alum in the last 20 years was Andy Samberg's movie Hot Rod.  I wish they'd do a sequel.  One of the funniest movies I've ever seen.  I mean.  I knew kids like that in high school.   Haven't watched the show in fifteen years but Samberg's work is usually hilarious.

6 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Yes, they all suck.

Tina Fey is a good comedy writer but agree on the rest.  Sudeikis is a hack manufactured celebrity doing a lame Chevy Chase impression 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Yes, they all suck.

Wow this is a hot take if I ever saw a hot take.

Cheri Oteri was great with Will as a cheerleader. She had several other skits that were good.

Tina Fey went on to write and act with great success. It is a free market, the thing is their success is directly tied to the majority of people not feeling the way you feel.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Wow this is a hot take if I ever saw a hot take.

Cheri Oteri was great with Will as a cheerleader. She had several other skits that were good.

Tina Fey went on to write and act with great success. It is a free market, the thing is their success is directly tied to the majority of people not feeling the way you feel.

Cheri Oteri was really only funny as a prop for Will Ferrell in their skits together. My favorite being the Wllshley Arms Hotel “hottub” bits.

Ferrell carried those bits.

I mean, there’s a reason every generation thinks the funniest cast was the cast from when they themselves were in their 20’s. It’s called being the target audience. 

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Yes, they all suck.

Michaels has a lot of control over the movies and shows that spiral out of SNL which is why the people best known from SNL tend to leave and have shows and movies produced under the same production company.

Poehler and Fey had a lot of writing and production experience before and during SNL. Fey was the head writer at SNL and Poehler founded the Upright Citizens Brigade and wrote a bunch outside of SNL.

By comparison Shannon had one well known character (for which she had a movie) and Oteri generally played a support role or characters that wouldn't support a movie. I think Shannon and Oteri are funny but neither are great actresses or played key roles at SNL.

• Post of the Week 1

15 hours ago, doublel9 said:

Wow, harsh.  Fey, Poehler, Wiig, Jones, Morgan, Hader, Sudeikis, et. al. hardly suck.

i don't know.  i don't watch the show much anymore.  some of the newer stars are pretty good but it's awful hard to match guys like belushi, murray, ackroyd, chase, farley, spade, sandler, ferrel, shannon or even norm evans.  i think maybe because the show, over the last 4 years, became way too political.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Hader is a very talented guy. 95% of the rest of SNL last 25 years has been overhyped trash

Then I guess it's a good thing I haven't warched SNL in the past 25 years.

True story.

Edit: other than some of the digital shorts and every episode of Celebrity Jeopardy.  Sean Connery lol.  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, doublel9 said:

I have literally never heard any of those names associated with a comedian... Which doesn't mean they suck, but clearly they aren't household names as you seem to think. A possible exception being (Tracy?) Morgan is that's who you are referring to.

7 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Cheri Oteri was really only funny as a prop for Will Ferrell in their skits together. My favorite being the Wllshley Arms Hotel “hottub” bits.

Ferrell carried those bits.

I mean, there’s a reason every generation thinks the funniest cast was the cast from when they themselves were in their 20’s. It’s called being the target audience. 

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

that was Rachel Dratch in the hot tub sketches. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1