the excuses end now

kmnj

17 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Joe D is having his second draft and is in his third paid year by the jets.

I dont want to hear about patience and the system anymore

this is joe's team and it is time to play competitive football and be held accountable.

since his tenor started his free agents were mostly bad and he let key players go(some will say that was his plan all along and everything is on target)   

Joe will now have his coach and his qb and two drafts under his built and three years as a paid employee

I want to see a team with talent that can compete.

I dont want to hear hey you dont expect them to be good for another 3-5 years as we have a rookie qb(Joe's choice) and a rookie coach(Joe's choice)

my bar for success which I am sure nobody cares about is the jets need to compete and win some games. I think 6 -7 wins is something Joe should be able to produce and what Vegas thinks is in line with what they should do

I pray joe is the guy but I need to see way more. I watched parcells rebuild in a year with a team with a worse record 4-28 before he took over and his rebuild added key players that were foundations for many years not one year fixes

And you will do what if they dont?

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

Joe D is having his second draft and is in his third paid year by the jets.

I dont want to hear about patience and the system anymore

this is joe's team and it is time to play competitive football and be held accountable.

since his tenor started his free agents were mostly bad and he let key players go(some will say that was his plan all along and everything is on target)   

Joe will now have his coach and his qb and two drafts under his built and three years as a paid employee

I want to see a team with talent that can compete.

I dont want to hear hey you dont expect them to be good for another 3-5 years as we have a rookie qb(Joe's choice) and a rookie coach(Joe's choice)

my bar for success which I am sure nobody cares about is the jets need to compete and win some games. I think 6 -7 wins is something Joe should be able to produce and what Vegas thinks is in line with what they should do

I pray joe is the guy but I need to see way more. I watched parcells rebuild in a year with a team with a worse record 4-28 before he took over and his rebuild added key players that were foundations for many years not one year fixes

Parcels inherited a much better team than Douglas. The 1996 team was 1-15 do to horrible coaching. The talent level was much better than the record.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Parcels inherited a much better team than Douglas. The 1996 team was 1-15 do to horrible coaching. The talent level was much better than the record.

It's easy to say that now, with the hindsight of what that team became. But not everyone was saying that at the time. 

It will be very interesting to see what this team is on the field without Gase. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

It's easy to say that now, with the hindsight of what that team became. But not everyone was saying that at the time. 

they were 4-28 and everybody thought the roster was NOT a good one

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe D is shaking in his boots.

jets should be-I spent over 300 k going to games  over the years-if you lose your paying customers and have empty seats it is not a good look

7 minutes ago, kmnj said:

jets should be-I spent over 300 k going to games  over the years-if you lose your paying customers and have empty seats it is not a good look

Your in the minority brother.  Most jet fans love what Douglas is doing.  Will be buying their kids Zach Wilson jerseys, bobbleheads and feety pajamas.  Your 300k wont make a dent.  Enjoy your sabbatical.

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Your in the minority brother.  Most jet fans love what Douglas is doing.  Will be buying their kids Zach Wilson jerseys, bobbleheads and feety pajamas.  Your 300k wont make a dent.  Enjoy your sabbatical.

most jets fans I know think the book is open on Joe and he needs to be correct on his qb pick and actually have a roster that can compete

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Correct. 

it is comical how some revise history

that job was considered a job no coach would  want

bill came because of his respect for the owner, total control and money and to prove he could build a winner again 

• Upvote 2

We’ve been tearing down, shipping off good players (Leo, Darnold, Jamal, etc), accumulating picks, saving money and creating Cap space for 2 years.

2 years? More like 10 years if you ask me.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

If you said something like "the excuses end now" to anyone in real life, you'd get laughed out of the room.

You guys crack me up with these "serious tone" threads.

what do you do for a living? in the real world excuses are not tolerated and one is accountable for performance good or bad

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, kmnj said:

what do you do for a living? in the real world excuses are not tolerated and one is accountable for performance good or bad

1. That's not true, excuse-making is PROFOUNDLY tolerated in the real world. Look at politics. Look at labor unions.

2. I'm not saying it's okay to make excuses. I'm saying the tone of threads like this is laughable... and shows no realistic understanding of how pervasive excuse-making is in our society, or how to inspire/motivate people. This isn't it.

3. For a living I conquer planets and eat the offspring of the lesser species.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ruby2 said:

If the metric is 6-7 wins as you say, I am totally fine with that.

WHAT?????

Adam Gase was the worst head coach in the history of the NFL and he got 7 wins with a far worse team, with way too many injuries, and a third string quarterback!

"It was an easy schedule" applies to both Gase and Saleh.  8 wins is the minimum.  10 wins is expected.  If Saleh opens 0-4 I expect planes and billboards.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Look at the 1996 team, they were much more competitive .  Last years team not only had bad coaching, but had little talent.

• Upvote 1