Best move of the first round

8 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Most giants fans hate the pick tho. Another wr haa

Oh, its the trade I liked, not their ultimate draft pick.

To move up nine spots, the Bears had to send their a 2022 first-round pick, a 2021 fifth-round pick and a 2022 fourth-round pick to New York. On top of that, the Giants also got Chicago's 20th overall pick in this year's draft. It was a monstrous haul for Giants general manager Dave Gettleman, who's not known for trading back. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Might seem a bit obvious but Atlanta selecting Pitts was a great "move" - there were lots of suggestions that they'd take a future QB, trade down, take OL, but they stayed put and took the guy who could be the best overall player. Didn't overthink it / try to get cute.

That was a great move.  Falcons who are in cap hell can now trade Julio Jones.  Pitts is a beast

• Upvote 4

Best moves - Vikings, Chargers, Browns 

Worst moves - Raiders (again), Packers (again), Saints, Bills, Dolphins at 18, Patriots, Broncos, lots actually in the latter part of the first round.

With hindsight, or maybe foresight, only the Eagles came out ahead on the three-way trade. Did the 49ers really need to move up that far for Lance? And Miami did well initially in a trading down but lost nearly all of that value, by having to settle for Waddle at 6.

• Upvote 2

Just now, K_O_Brien said:

Best moves - Vikings, Chargers, Browns 

Worst moves - Raiders (again), Packers (again), Saints, Bills, Dolphins at 18, Patriots, Broncos, lots actually in the latter part of the first round.

With hindsight, or maybe foresight, only the Eagles came out ahead on the three-way trade. Did the 49ers really need to move up that far for Lance? And Miami did well initially in a trading down but lost nearly all of that value, by having to settle for Waddle at 6.

Supposedly Shanahan wanted Jones, the scouting dept wanted Lance, scouting dept won because now they keep Jimmy G another year while Lance can sit and learn

• Upvote 1

Most giants fans hate the pick tho. Another wr haa
I thought they dropped too far (11 to 20) and missed out on a lot of talent at positions of need (OL and LB/EDGE) but if they knew they were going WR, you can question which WR but they didn't miss out on anyone between 11 and 20.
It has to be Minnesota who got two thirds and still got the guy they wanted. 
You could argue that the Giants still got the guy they wanted too and got a whole lot more. If they wanted EDGE all were still available at 11 so they were OK not going EDGE, it looks to me like they knew they were going WR. Once Smith went off the board at 10 they may have had similar grades on a Toney/Bateman etc. but still ended up having their pick of all remaining WR at 11 down at 20.

I’d say the Vikings probably had the best 1st round. Darrisaw would have made sense with their original pick.

I also love what we did. Vera-Tucker is going to be a stud.

Mac Jones to the Pats, Paye to the Colts and Newsome to the Browns were excellent picks.

I don’t like what the Saints, WFT, Panthers and Denver did. 

• Upvote 1

Best move Zach Wilson NY Jets.  Worst move Atlanta not taking FIelds and paying a TE no. 4 slotted money for  4 years.  (Love Pitts but I'm not paying him 4 slot money when their are QB's and LT on the board)

Also have to wonder what SF was thinking.  The trade down for Lance seems like an epic reach.  Clearly they were in full buyers remorse mode on Jones and tried to get Rodgers.   I can't believe they were locked in on Lance when they gave up all that draft capital.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

Best move Zach Wilson NY Jets.  Worst move Atlanta not taking FIelds and paying a TE no. 4 slotted money for  4 years.  (Love Pitts but I'm not paying him 4 slot money when their are QB's and LT on the board)

Also have to wonder what SF was thinking.  The trade down for Lance seems like an epic reach.  Clearly they were in full buyers remorse mode on Jones and tried to get Rodgers.   I can't believe they were locked in on Lance when they gave up all that draft capital.  

Ryan has a few years left in him and Fields sucks

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I would say it was the Bears.  They have been looking for a QB since McMahon.  I think Fields is going to be great. 

They had better be right this time.  After the Bears nightmare trade-up for one spot to get a worse bust than Darnold in Trubisky, now they roll the dice on Fields.    

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bugg said:

Watched everyone including the Jets overthink it, and wound up with arguably the 2nd best QB on the board. Was beyond pissed last night,but  hope  I'm wrong. 

Arguably the 3rd best who in a normal draft is a 2nd day pick.  

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Bears had by far the worst move. They’re done for a decade. Absolute debacle. 

The Raiders were a disaster too.

Best moves were either the Jets being aggressive to build the line or the Pats staying put and getting their guy. 

I honestly think Mac Jones was their consolation prize, they’d have taken AVT to replace Thuney.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Well, we shall see. 

We saw last night.  SF took a project over him and Chicago took Fields over him.   Denver, Atlanta and Carolina passed.   Mac Jones might have fallen into the 2nd round if BB didn't reach for him. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1