Best move of the first round

16 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Miami: Outsmarted themselves with all the trades pre draft...ending up w waddle when reports pre draft they wanted Pitts and Chase...who went the 2 picks before them.  Should have just stayed in their original spot and took Pitts.  Then they grab Philips who I dont hate, but retired from football because of concussions 2 years ago.  Grier is good at accumulating picks, but he sucks at drafting and free agency.

Think about Fuller next to Gesicki on one side of the field and Parker next to Waddle on the other side of the field. How will safeties be able to stop that? Both safeties will have to focus heavily on Waddle and Fuller at all times because they can score at any moment from anywhere on the field. Safeties having to play deeper to prevent the bomb should help the fin's running game too. That's one less body that defenses can use to stack the box. Safeties focusing on preventing that deep ball will also give Gesicki and Parker a lot of one on one chances too which they can handle because of their size.

23 minutes ago, Biggs said:

We saw last night.  SF took a project over him and Chicago took Fields over him.   Denver, Atlanta and Carolina passed.   Mac Jones might have fallen into the 2nd round if BB didn't reach for him. 

Jones had better stats vs. superior competition than Wilson. Even if you grant he isn't as mobile and he had a better cast, think Pats did very well and Jets bought the hype. WOuld love to be wrong. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Jones had better stats vs. superior competition than Wilson. Even if you grant he isn't as mobile and he had a better cast, think Pats did very well and Jets bought the hype. WOuld love to be wrong. 

He had better talent around him.  You can't watch Jones and Wilson and think Jones deserves to be in the same sentence with Zach let alone be compared to him as a QB prospect in the NFL. 

5 Alabama offensive players went in the first round last night who's name wasn't Mac Jones.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Bears had by far the worst move. They’re done for a decade. Absolute debacle. 

The Raiders were a disaster too.

Best moves were either the Jets being aggressive to build the line or the Pats staying put and getting their guy. 

New England Patriots Smile GIF by NBC Sports Boston

54 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Best move was having Roger Goodell's lounge chair on stage, It was actually quite funny. 

Do it next year but dont put the dumb looking fans in it. Have Roger sit there for 4 straight hours drinking bourbon. 

I actually liked Roger in a sweater in his basement chilling last year. A combo of this and last year's would be cool.

• Upvote 1

Sad to say the best move may well be Miami's trade with SF.  They are loading up with play makers.  I get a lot of people think they blew it by not staying put but I'm a big believer in Wadell's ability to break down defenders in both the short and long passing game.   I still can't believe how many picks they have going forward.  Hope Tua sucks because if he's competent they are going to be a handful for years. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bronx said:

I'm reading and where are the Jets? We got a potential pro bowler guard and ya'll still indirectly whining.

Bc too much depends on Wilson who is 50/50.

And Dear God Pats fans and ESPN celebrating Mac Jones who is almost about as good as every other back up QB in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

Think about Fuller next to Gesicki on one side of the field and Parker next to Waddle on the other side of the field. How will safeties be able to stop that? Both safeties will have to focus heavily on Waddle and Fuller at all times because they can score at any moment from anywhere on the field. Safeties having to play deeper to prevent the bomb should help the fin's running game too. That's one less body that defenses can use to stack the box. Safeties focusing on preventing that deep ball will also give Gesicki and Parker a lot of one on one chances too which they can handle because of their size.

I’d still have taken D Smith who is just a flat out better football player than Waddle

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Best: Vikings, Ravens, Jets

Worst:

Jags: have a cheap, undrafted rookie from last year who ran for 1200 yards and take Etienne with 2nd pick when they have as many holes as us

Miami: Outsmarted themselves with all the trades pre draft...ending up w waddle when reports pre draft they wanted Pitts and Chase...who went the 2 picks before them.  Should have just stayed in their original spot and took Pitts.  Then they grab Philips who I dont hate, but retired from football because of concussions 2 years ago.  Grier is good at accumulating picks, but he sucks at drafting and free agency.

I agree, I think the Jags are better served, like us, building up a wall in front of their new QB.

Miami, I would be more scared of with Pitts than with Waddle, but they still have done a great job of turning Tunsil into a boatload of picks.  There is also familiarity with Tua and Waddle, so that may help.

Jets are really building up that left side, but they did give up a good chunk to do it.  That being said, I have wanted a monster left guard for a year, like what Seattle had back in the day with Walter Jones and Steve Hutch.

• Upvote 3

Bears made very good move getting Fields who should fit well with that team. And I am biased, but the Jets did very well getting the best G in the draft to form the left blind side for run and pass blocking for Wilson that should be great. Heck they moved up the same amount of spots as the Bears and though it wasn't for a QB, Jets only gave up 2 3rds this year and got a 4th back this year. Didn't give any 1's or 2's away this or next year. That is solid and now for this draft still have 7 picks albeit no 3rd rounders. There are about 7-8 high profile players at OT, RB, CB, LB, Edge, etc. the Jets can still get one of if they even trade down 4-5 spots from #34 if they can pickup more 2021 and possibly 2022 draft picks.  Lets see at 7PM tonight.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Or O line

I'm not so sure.  We all made fun of Thomas early in the year, but I think he settled down pretty well and Matt Peart developed nicely and I think he looked good in his time last year.  They might not be as bad as you think

It's funny but with the NFCE trades, I think the Giants won their trade and the Cowboys lost theirs.  When the night was over, I was wondering what the Giants were thinking.  If I am the Cowboys I am ecstatic to pick up a 3rd and still get Parsons.  Seem like the winners of the day to me.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

The giants are going to suck next year.  They loaded up on all these WRs but the OL sucks and Jones doesn’t look comfortable in Judge’s offense

If Jones can cut down on the turnovers, they are a playoff team with that defense and if Jones sucks next season, they have the draft capital  to do something.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

I’d say the Vikings probably had the best 1st round. Darrisaw would have made sense with their original pick.

I also love what we did. Vera-Tucker is going to be a stud.

Mac Jones to the Pats, Paye to the Colts and Newsome to the Browns were excellent picks.

I don’t like what the Saints, WFT, Panthers and Denver did

Thought they would go different direction, but Fuller signed a one year deal and Bryce Callahan is in last year of his deal. From that angle, makes sense, plus the player is a stud.

14 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

To me, Mac Jones is Drew Bledsoe 2.0

Just like Drew Bledsoe only two and half inches shorter, twenty pounds lighter and without the big arm.  I ended up re-discovering walterfootball looking for the quote about Teven Jenkins.  So glad I did.  They are not kind.  AFC area scout - "stronger armed Jake Fromm."  "I think he could have a career in the NFL similar to Matt Barkley."   Another team source described him as a "shorter A.J. McCarron."  According to them of 5 teams 3 had a 4th round grade, one a 2-3 bubble and the last a 2nd. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Best: Vikings, Ravens, Jets

Worst:

Jags: have a cheap, undrafted rookie from last year who ran for 1200 yards and take Etienne with 2nd pick when they have as many holes as us

I really agree about Jax, that was the biggest head scratcher of the draft for me.  I like Etienne but that move made no sense asset and team building wise.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Beerfish said:

I really agree about Jax, that was the biggest head scratcher of the draft for me.  I like Etienne but that move made no sense asset and team building wise.

That’s what happens when Wackagnan and Schitty are in the building