Report: Jets receiving a lot of interest for pick 34

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Many disgruntled with the Zach Wilson pick. 

Opinions voiced about him getting injured and failing here. 

So, in your mind, worried about a particular outcome = hoping for said particular outcome? Because I've seen no one openly rooting against Zach Wilson here.

• Upvote 3

ive been thinking about this...do we really want to take 2 guards? i am not sure either him or AVT are RT...
Have you watched our offensive line the past two years? If he would be a serviceable guard who might be able to turn into a serviceable rt that would be great. I'd personally rather grab creed Humphrey and address the right side next year when we have two seconds and two fourths.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Have you watched our offensive line the past two years? If he would be a serviceable guard who might be able to turn into a serviceable rt that would be great. I'd personally rather grab creed Humphrey and address the right side next year when we have two seconds and two fourths.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Realistically, Trey Smith or similar could easily be around to do the same thing tomorrow. And we have a bunch of picks day 3. I get that Jenkins is a great option, but I wouldn’t let him dissuade me from moving back 10 picks and recouping another swing tonight. 

• Upvote 1

I have another take on trading down (or at least I think I do). Where the Jets are sitting with the 2nd pick in round 2, JD might be able to get a first rounder in next year's draft, especially if he's will to move back into the middle of the 2nd round. We have seen this type of trade in the past, but the Jets have never had a GM who could pull off such a slick move. Maybe JD is just that guy.

If Douglas wants to get back in the 3rd, he could always package a 4 & 5 to do so. This would leave the Jets w/3 1's next year, and still be able to get back into the 3rd round.

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Really need to.  There is no must have.  Get more picks after the AVT trade.

Jmo, but there is a serious talent dropoff that happens at some point in the 4th-5th round in my opinion. I hope they trade down and get more picks but also use the day three capital they have to get players they want tonight. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

If thats how you interpret my post then thats on you. 

Um...

51 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I was hoping for the worst before this post.

Thank you joewilly 

50 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Actually some NY Jets fans are. 

Good to know you aren't one of them. 

Okay, joe.

This one is on me, I guess. ?

25 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I’m going to assume that you been watching this team and that we’re in dire need of new bodies. Having one one pick, no matter how high, over the next two rounds to me, makes no sense

so far, JD has addressed 2 areas of need in the first round: QB and Oline. We still need a CB, RB, and edge rusher.

There’s lots of good players in both the second and third round in those areas to be to be had.

trade down in the lower 2nd if that gets you a third.

The Jets need impact players, not just bodies. The difference between a 2nd rd pick and a 3rd round pick beginning starters is quite large.  In fact a 3rd round pick has a slightly better chance of becoming a starter than a 7th rd pick. If you're looking for starters you have to maximize the amount of top 60 picks you have bc beyond that its not likely you'll find a starter. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

How far would they have to drop to recoup a third?  I would guess about 20 spots down,  to do that

Probably mid round should do it. Though it Just takes one team that really wants to get up there. There’s a ton of talent still on the board. 

21 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

I know people don't think teams don't use the value chart anymore but I believe they still look at it, if we were to trade back and receive a decent 3rd round pick we will have to go back as far as the 50s.

The only exception is if a team is desperate for a player and I can't see a player on the board that any team will be that desperate for.

They definitely use the charts as a baseline, but there are many exceptions, its pure supply and demand, and i disagree about this pick, there are 3 or 4 guys that were predicted to go in the 1st, and are in high demand. Even rappaport reported that Joe may be able to trade it for a 1st next yr

10 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The Jets need impact players, not just bodies. The difference between a 2nd rd pick and a 3rd round pick beginning starters is quite large.  In fact a 3rd round pick has a slightly better chance of becoming a starter than a 7th rd pick. If you're looking for starters you have to maximize the amount of top 60 picks you have bc beyond that its not likely you'll find a starter. 

With respect, it greatly depends on which position we are talking about. 

Third round guards are frequently starters.  Centers too.  MIKES and WILLS too.  Edge players, QBs, Corners = no. 

But we need young Centers, Guards, MIKES and WILLS.  Running backs too. 

Plenty of roster spots are there for the taking.   

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

Third round guards are frequently starters.  Centers too.  MIKES and WILLS too.  Edge players, QBs, Corners = no. 

That's really just not accurate. 3rd round players, no matter what position, start their Rookie year about 10% of the time. The Jets need immediate impact players. 

• Upvote 1

If we have to move back 20 spots in order to recoup a 3rd, then maybe getting an extra 4 and 5 will keep us from moving back to far, while then using some of the 4 and 5's to move back into the 3rd. I'm sure JD has already been thinking about this.

We need one more starting caliber OL, preferably Center so we can move McGovern to RG where is has excelled much better. He can be a VET presence for the rookie Center to mentor him. Then JD can pick whatever position he feels like for all I care so long as the transformation of our OL is still Priority #1.

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

for what though? just for the sake of having a pick in the 3rd round? i don't understand this logic. 

They very well could have  8 or 10 guys on their board with late 1st , early 2nd round grades.  If that is the case and they can trade down 5-6 slots and get an extra pick in the 3rd why not do it.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

8 minutes ago, choon328 said:

That's really just not accurate. 3rd round players, no matter what position, start their Rookie year about 10% of the time. The Jets need immediate impact players. 

I e actually seen articles that back up @clayton163v’s comments. It’s a viable POV.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

How far would they have to drop to recoup a third?  I would guess about 20 spots down,  to do that

No way.  34 is like a late first rounder plus a lot of talent slipped so Joe is in the drivers seat to get good offers without having to drop that far 

18 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

Absolutely.  Third rounders are still premium picks.  A lot of starters are third rounders 

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

I’d be happy to move back maybe ten spots max. I don’t want to trade back into the late 40s.

10 spots should earn you a mid 3rd rounder at a minimum for a draft day trade down from 34...  and considerably more if it there is competition for pick.