The Official Draft Day 3 Thread

4 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

We didn't have anyone for the line and were poss losing Foley and JFM this year. Def needed pick even if its just a rotational guy next year. 

And Shepherd and Phillips. Some guys are going to get bumped off the roster but sets them up better for next year.

They’re either going to be carrying seven or eight corners, some of those guys are playing safety too, or there will be surprise cuts. Should be interesting. Tons of competition there.

Clearly liked the late round corners and that impacted what they did in FA.

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We don't know yet how he did in Rds 3-5 last year.  Except the Perine pick.  That one sucked for sure.

Did Perine get a chance to play last year? Was a 3rd round pick. JD is not going to just cut him.  He'll get a chance to play this year now that Gore is playing in Australia.

• Upvote 1

Jonathan Marshall is 6'3" 310 lbs and carries a 5th round grade.  Led the SEC among interior lineman with 28 QB pressures, 19 hurries and nine QB hits.  He has "explosive first step quickness" and can play either one-gap or two-gap.  The best thing he does is penetrate gaps into the backfield.  Ourlads said "he will fit into an upfront rotation early in his career".  He is a good addition for the defensive line rotation and solid value at this stage in the draft. 

I would not be surprised to see us swap Fatukasi and/or Franklin-Myers for other personnel or draft picks. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, derp said:

They’re either going to be carrying seven or eight corners, some of those guys are playing safety too, or there will be surprise cuts. Should be interesting. Tons of competition there.

Guys like Lamar Jackson and Bless Austin could be in trouble.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, derp said:

DB’s are the heart and strength of Special Teams. Ours sucked. I think this is why so many were drafted.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I like what we did in the later rounds.  I’m going to be honest I didn’t know a lot of these guys but it seems like we focused a Luton the secondary and guys who had some versatility and could play ST.  This late in the draft I’m totally good with that.  These past two years we have used our top 6 picks on offense which is very good for our new QB 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

Jonethatn Marshall is 6'3" 310 lbs and carries a 5th round grade.  Led the SEC among interior lineman with 28 QB pressures, 19 hurries and nine QB hits.  He has "explosive first step quickness" and can play either one-gap or two-gap.  The best thing he does is penetrate gaps into the backfield.  Ourlads said "he will fit into an upfront rotation early in his career".  He is a good addition for the defensive line rotation and solid value at this stage in the draft. 

I would not be surprised to see us swap Fatukasi and/or Franklin-Myers for other personnel or draft picks. 

Led the SEC in pressures? Woah. Killer pick this late. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Guys like Lamar Jackson and Bless Austin could be in trouble.  

Yup. I actually think both fit too which is interesting. Guidry’s going to be playing for his job, too. Of all the guys he needs to get extended or go - most of the guys are signed after this year. All on reasonable rookie deals.

Hardee will be the highest paid by a wide margin.

Showing versatility to play at safety could be a saving grace.

39 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

What were the odds after the first michal carter pick, that they would wind up taking more defensive players than offensive?  Ridiculous.

For a while there it was looking like they might wind up taking more Michael Carters than defensive players. 

8 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I mean we’re about to find out how good of a coaching staff we have with all these lumps of clay we took today- Im dizzy trying to piece this all together

This was my exact thought.  The coaches essentially said, get us players with these type of athletic traits and we will teach them to be good players and fit within our scheme.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

Jonethatn Marshall is 6'3" 310 lbs and carries a 5th round grade.  Led the SEC among interior lineman with 28 QB pressures, 19 hurries and nine QB hits.  He has "explosive first step quickness" and can play either one-gap or two-gap.  The best thing he does is penetrate gaps into the backfield.  Ourlads said "he will fit into an upfront rotation early in his career".  He is a good addition for the defensive line rotation and solid value at this stage in the draft. 

Totally agree with a lot of this especially most of that last point. I think Fatukasi and Shepherd are the two most at risk. Maybe Franklin-Myers can find a home as a bigger end which SF used some and at least he’s explosive which fits too.