Biggest bust Ryan Leaf: Zach Wilson is not the Jets savior

It’s amazing he actually played football at the highest level and his evaluation is based on historic data, which is a cop out and already what every ESPN/NFLN talking head who never played does when they can’t evaluate the player, system, or situation. Almost like saying, yes, I’m still to lazy to prep on LaFluer system and study the prospect and instead just refer to Mark Sanchez and my own excuses why I sucked 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

how about when Ryan Leaf called out ZW for having a pro day at high altitude 

that's next level trolling 

Provo Utah sits 4500 above sea level, for those interested 

they also never mentioned the franchise changing pick of left guard AVT 

2 minutes ago, Bronx said:

In a nutshell: Ryan Leaf-but his career was shortened due to poor play, bad behavior, injuries, and struggles with his work ethic and ability to stay focused.

I don't believe ZW will get in trouble for bad behavior or work ethic but he throws gunslinger balls, he's got an injury history and one of the symptoms of ADHD is both a hyper focus and an inability to focus

not to say he's Ryan Leaf but the broader point of QBs getting drafted high to bad teams is absolutely true 

10 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Btw he didn’t say Wilson wasn’t a great fit for the Jets. He basically said it doesn’t matter bc the Jets are systematically awful and doomed to suck forever...to paraphrase but that’s basically all he said 

Thanks, fixed.

21 minutes ago, HessStation said:

It’s amazing he actually played football at the highest level and his evaluation is based on historic data, which is a cop out and already what every ESPN/NFLN talking head who never played does when they can’t evaluate the player, system, or situation. Almost like saying, yes, I’m still to lazy to prep on LaFluer system and study the prospect and instead just refer to Mark Sanchez and my own excuses why I sucked 

You have the best avatar on the site.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Wilsons success or failure will not be due to him as much as all the other guys we have drafted.

Average to so so QBs get results on good teams.  Good QBs fail on poor teams.

Deshaun Watson won 4 games last year, Mahommes got eviscerated in the super bowl.

Mark Sanchez had playoff success, Dak prescott got a massive money deal.

Wilsons success or fail depends on joe douglas

Well along those lines, the 3 picks after we drafted Wilson were incredible. More than just getting some protection and weapons, we got elite talent that completely overhauls the dynamics of our offense. We could be really good on offense this year. I do not see Zach failing

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Wilsons success or failure will not be due to him as much as all the other guys we have drafted.

Average to so so QBs get results on good teams.  Good QBs fail on poor teams.

Deshaun Watson won 4 games last year, Mahommes got eviscerated in the super bowl.

Mark Sanchez had playoff success, Dak prescott got a massive money deal.

Wilsons success or fail depends on joe douglas

Yup. Guys like Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson have Super Bowl rings. Jim Kelly, Warren Moon and Dan Marino do not.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Well along those lines, the 3 picks after we drafted Wilson were incredible. More than just getting some protection and weapons, we got elite talent that completely overhauls the dynamics of our offense. We could be really good on offense this year. I do not see Zach failing

This will sound like 2010 all over again, but the Jets will be successful if they can establish the run and can make some big plays on defense. It was the formula back then with a rookie quarterback, it should be the formula now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

This will sound like 2010 all over again, but the Jets will be successful if they can establish the run and can make some big plays on defense. It was the formula back then with a rookie quarterback, it should be the formula now.

The foundation of the "Shanahan" offense is lots of running and play action and rolling out off of that. Zach though brings so much deep play ability to the game that I think it will be more balanced.

I really do see him being successful from Day 1. Like I said the 4 picks are just incredible. The one thing we were missing from our offense was a dynamic YAC guy who could line up all over and do lots of different motions including jet motion like Tyreek Hill. It opens up so much both in running and on the boundary.

AVT makes both players next to him better. I know we all have him prenciled in at LG but having him at RG might make the entire OL more balanced and effective.

And MC1 is a really dynamic RB who is a dream fit for this offense, Yes the offense is RB friendly but a high end RB like Carter can be really special.

The Jets in one draft, Got their "trriplets" in Zach, Moore and MC1 as well as dramatically upgrading guard.

Couple with year 2 of Mims, adding an elite #2 receiver, and Keelan Cole the Jets offense will be unrecognizable this year.

In addition with all of our later picks our ST should be extremely good.

I still kinda wish we drafted another IOL but hopefully someone steps up.

Every year I am super optimistic and very glass more than half full, but to be honest even though I would write about how improved we were a little voice told me it was unlikely.

I don't have that this year. I truly believe both from my fan viewpoint and my rational mind that we can contend this year.

• Upvote 2

The awesome part about this is Ryan Leaf is just as good predicting a QB will bust as he is a QB looking well.  Dude sucks either way.  The Jets aren't returning the card, we aren't running the draft again, so Jets fans let me ask you this:  What does Zach Wilson sucking so for you as a fan?  For me, it doesn't nothing but cause anguish.  Here's my advice:  Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.  Leaf still sucks at things football related FYI!

16 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Every year I am super optimistic and very glass more than half full, but to be honest even though I would write about how improved we were a little voice told me it was unlikely.

I don't have that this year. I truly believe both from my fan viewpoint and my rational mind that we can contend this year.

“I haven’t been transparent about my true thoughts in the past but you can trust me this time.”

Bird No GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HessStation said:

Btw he didn’t say Wilson wasn’t a great fit for the Jets. He basically said it doesn’t matter bc the Jets are systematically awful and doomed to suck forever...to paraphrase but that’s basically all he said 

Which is exactly what Jets fans will say if he fails — that the team failed him.

• Upvote 1