Trey Lance- one season of play in 4 years! Completed 6 passes in biggest win.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Have no clue what media you've been following in Buffalo 

The national media narrative is pretty consistent. The only balance view I hear is from Daniel Graham and Bucky of NFL Network. Max K is a Wilson fan, but admits he’s only watched highlights. Mina, Mel K, Cowherd, Stephen A, etc are all spewing the same ignorant narrative. And 80% of fans hear their voices. Not that any of this matters one bit. There is just a clear hypocrisy between the Wilson and Lance narratives, where only one of them is primarily dinged for the lack of competition. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Yeah Niners have all this goodwill built up because of Shanahan but I don’t buy that they totally f’d this up.

three trade it up for Mac Jones, I don’t believe the disinformation that it was Lance all the time. They gave up 3 first rounders and then changed their mind and took the Akili Smith of this draft. Lance could be good but he has next to zero experience. 

then Mac Jones slides to 15 and they could’ve had him at 10

its ridiculous 

^^^this

He was not picked because of wins and losses to college competition.  He was picked because he's a physical freak, smart and well adjusted and has the tools to be an elite NFL QB.   Lawrence and Wilson were the clear 1,2 picks.   You can make an argument that with the exception of Lawerence every QB taken was a reach based on BAP.  Based on the value of the QB on a rookie deal the 49ers made what they thought was a value pick.  So did the Jets.  

Jones at 15 to the Pats was a much bigger reach.  He played on a team that overmatched everyone they played and had multi 1st round draft picks on their O.  Based on the mismatch in competition how do you evaluate Jones?

17 hours ago, Zach Made Me a Jets Fan said:

The national media narrative is pretty consistent. The only balance view I hear is from Daniel Graham and Bucky of NFL Network. Max K is a Wilson fan, but admits he’s only watched highlights. Mina, Mel K, Cowherd, Stephen A, etc are all spewing the same ignorant narrative. And 80% of fans hear their voices. Not that any of this matters one bit. There is just a clear hypocrisy between the Wilson and Lance narratives, where only one of them is primarily dinged for the lack of competition. 

All the NFLN has been doing is pimping the Jets, talking big & quick turnaround.

There is no clear hypocrisy between the Wilson and Lance narrative, no one is talking Lance more than Wilson, youre trolling.  Mina was going on and on about Wilson the other day, how hes Mahomes like.  Stop the BS 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I don’t believe the disinformation that it was Lance all the time. They gave up 3 first rounders and then changed their mind and took the Akili Smith of this draft. Lance could be good but he has next to zero experience. 

They made the trade up right after the Lance pro day.   I agree, they made up their mind on a pro day.

Will be interesting to see how smart they were or weren't.   

53 minutes ago, Zach Made Me a Jets Fan said:

The guy played one season (2019) that was 2 years ago. He played in a grand total of 2 other games outside of that season. His biggest win was against James Madison, where he completed 6 of 10 pass attempts. His stadium seated fewer than my son’s high school stadium here in Texas. Yet no worries from the ESPN pundits about him. He was a clear win at pick 3 overall.

Wilson, however, is such the risky pick! How can he go from Utah to the NFL (Nevermind that another BYU QB just signed a $120mm contract with the Saints)?! 

Despite playing 3 nearly full seasons in front of 65k fans every week, and every game being televised via ESPN due to their contract with BYU. Despite beating USC and Tennessee and Boise State and Houston on the road. And murdering UCF, SDSU, Navy, Utah State, etc. All teams that would’ve stomped little NDSU. I’m not saying Lance can’t be good or even great, but how confident would you feel in the 2021 season if JD drafted Lance? 

For the media it’s all about Fields and Lance, Lance and Fields. 

I have not seen a single thing about Zack being a risky pick except on this board. All I have seen is gushing about his arm talent. The only thing I really heard is he has narrow shoulders which might be an indication  about him having a small frame. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Zach Made Me a Jets Fan said:

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

Yeah Niners have all this goodwill built up because of Shanahan but I don’t buy that they totally f’d this up.

three trade it up for Mac Jones, I don’t believe the disinformation that it was Lance all the time. They gave up 3 first rounders and then changed their mind and took the Akili Smith of this draft. Lance could be good but he has next to zero experience. 

its ridiculous 

Mac Jones shouldn't have been drafted in the first round at all. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

He was not picked because of wins and losses to college competition.  He was picked because he's a physical freak, smart and well adjusted and has the tools to be an elite NFL QB.   Lawrence and Wilson were the clear 1,2 picks.   You can make an argument that with the exception of Lawerence every QB taken was a reach based on BAP.  Based on the value of the QB on a rookie deal the 49ers made what they thought was a value pick.  So did the Jets.  

Jones at 15 to the Pats was a much bigger reach.  He played on a team that overmatched everyone they played and had multi 1st round draft picks on their O.  Based on the mismatch in competition how do you evaluate Jones?

So a guy that won a national title against tough teams was a bigger reach than a guy that has barely played college football for a small school? I'd have to disagree. They absolutely could have had Lance where they were - he was a very risky pick at 10 let alone giving up the ranch to go to #3. They completely messed up their value on the pick, but he could end up being very good, but most likely he won't be worth what they paid. Not one team at the time they traded up was going to go with Lance that was picking in the top several picks. I still think Trevor, Zach and Justin will be the three best in this class and Jones and Lance won't be great.

48 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Mac Jones shouldn't have been drafted in the first round at all. 

3rd round kinda guy

I love watching the Pats think they’re smarter than everyone simply because they had Tom Brady for 20 years.  The 2 years they’ve been without him they’ve been a well coached mediocre team.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, David Harris said:

its ridiculous 

According  to Young they traded up fir Wilson. The thought was that the 49ers did not think JD would take Wilson and that they would take Fields

Obviously  they were ok with Jones  if that fell through  (Shanahan mostly)

It makes sense, Jets drafting history  would suggest that they would go for the bigger name and guy that was projected Top 2 for 2 years. 

But the comp between  Fields and Wilson is not close, and essentially  the entire NFL thought Wilson was 2 or 1.

Then the 49ers scouts don't love Jones and Shanahan  ultimately goes with Lance over Jones and Fields who plummeted down draft boards

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

4CEB0F35-37B7-4217-AED4-6B4E88B0E3D9.jpeg.52636e1632e580527e7320e1e6626a08.jpeg

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zach Made Me a Jets Fan said:

The guy played one season (2019) that was 2 years ago. He played in a grand total of 2 other games outside of that season. His biggest win was against James Madison, where he completed 6 of 10 pass attempts. His stadium seated fewer than my son’s high school stadium here in Texas. Yet no worries from the ESPN pundits about him. He was a clear win at pick 3 overall.

Wilson, however, is such the risky pick! How can he go from Utah to the NFL (Nevermind that another BYU QB just signed a $120mm contract with the Saints)?! 

Despite playing 3 nearly full seasons in front of 65k fans every week, and every game being televised via ESPN due to their contract with BYU. Despite beating USC and Tennessee and Boise State and Houston on the road. And murdering UCF, SDSU, Navy, Utah State, etc. All teams that would’ve stomped little NDSU. I’m not saying Lance can’t be good or even great, but how confident would you feel in the 2021 season if JD drafted Lance? 

This is a great thread and very true.  Wilson has taken the brunt of the ESPN agenda 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Zach Made Me a Jets Fan said:

Zach has the media attention and for.good reasons. He is well spoken and smart. I think that if you really trust Zach, then you should ignore the media and the nonsense.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Zach Made Me a Jets Fan said:

If you haven't realized, frachise-based bias is rampant among the "analysts."  Kyle Shanahan can do no wrong and the Jets are always wrong.  If the Jets want to reverse the narrative they need to play well.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

6 hours ago, David Harris said:

its ridiculous 

I never believed it was Mac Jones. Mac is basically a rookie Jimmy Garoppolo, you hope. It just doesn't make sense to trade from #12 to #3 for the same guy you've already got. Garoppolo is decent, and you don't trade up to exchange decent for decent. I always figured it was either Fields or Lance. These are two dynamic athletes that have the potential to give you far more than Jones or Garoppolo could. 

• Upvote 2

If JD had drafted Lance I would have had confidence in the pick. I would have trusted him and the scouting dept. Because in my opinion they do a nice job drafting talented players.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

If you haven't realized, frachise-based bias is rampant among the "analysts."  Kyle Shanahan can do no wrong and the Jets are always wrong.  If the Jets want to reverse the narrative they need to play well.

Yeah, I’m new to this rooting for the Jets thing. But yeah, the Shanahan love is undying, so of course his guy must be good. This pick is going to hurt Shanahan and the Niners in the short and long term in my opinion. 

And I can see how the Jets are an easy target to nitpick. 

19 minutes ago, Zach Made Me a Jets Fan said:

Yeah, I’m new to this rooting for the Jets thing. But yeah, the Shanahan love is undying, so of course his guy must be good. This pick is going to hurt Shanahan and the Niners in the short and long term in my opinion. 

And I can see how the Jets are an easy target to nitpick. 

Because as much as I admire him, who has Shanahan scouted and developed?    Ryan? Kaep? Garapollo?  

18 hours ago, Zach Made Me a Jets Fan said:

Who?

edit: just saw saints re-signed Hill for $140m dollars!!!!! WTF??

17 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

All the NFLN has been doing is pimping the Jets, talking big quick turnaround.

There is no clear hypocrisy between the Wilson and Lance narrative, no one is talking Lance more than Wilson, youre trolling.  Mina was going on and on about Wilson the other day, stop the BS 

Until society stops sanctifying victimhood status, people won’t stop trying to be victims.

12 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Media has an anti-suck bias, not an anti-Jets bias.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

If JD had drafted Lance I would have had confidence in the pick. I would have trusted him and the scouting dept. Because in my opinion they do a nice job drafting talented players.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using JetNation.com mobile app

Lance is in a good spot where he could (and probably should) sit behind Garoppolo for the entire year. He's clearly boom or bust, with a much better chance to boom if he's brought along slowly and deliberately. The Jets were not in a position to bring a QB along in such a fashion. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Zach Made Me a Jets Fan said:

Why don't you just say what you mean?

The truth is, if you're looking to find something to be upset about, you can no doubt find it.

Zach Wilson was the clear cut #2 QB prospect going into this draft.  He was the 2nd QB and player taken.  The rest... Google Confirmation Bias.

• Upvote 1