Are the Jets shopping LB CJ Mosley?

48 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Why?

There's no incentive to move him this year, they dont save enough and they might as well get something for their investment.  Especially when he was one of the better players at camp and LB is a position of need

Because there is a chance he:

A. Opts out again

B. Gets hurt after a preseason game because of the long layoff

C. Doesn't fit this scheme and the production doesn't justify the cost.

• Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

A. Opts out again

A.  Always a possibility, but if he does that, then the signing ends up being the worst disaster in Jets history.  I would bet you a significant amount of money that doesn't happen.  Wanna bet?

B. That goes for any player.  He does not have a history of injuries before this last one.  To me, not a good reason to trade him.

C. He is a pro-bowl caliber player when healthy.  He can fit into this or any other scheme.  If he plays like he did before his injury, I'm not concerned about his production.  Again, not a good reason to trade him.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

A. Opts out again

A.  Theres 0 chance he opts out again.  Hope this doesnt come back to bite my ass

B.  Why do we wonder if theres more of a chance he'll get hurt over any other player?  

C.  TBD.  We dont know that the lighter weight Mosely wont fit.  Saleh says he will.  

We've paid a ton for him and gotten nothing in return.  Players get injured.  And as someone who spent 9 nights in a hospital for COVID I'll respect his reasons for not playing.  Add in the small return for trading him.  I think we forget just how good he was.

• Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Albright has always been a legit source.

Has he?  I like to think I pay attention to the NFL beat but I don't ever recall him breaking actual news.  All I ever see from him(and admittedly I stopped reading anything from him a year or 2 ago) is vague statements that appear to be common sense inferences based on a collaboration of other information.  

Anyone here could do that if they had the desire to and the willingness to play the game and "master" the lingo.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yes let’s please shop the most explosive playmaker we might possibly have on defense as long he doesn’t develop the LeVeon Bell-Itis. I’m hoping he puts the smack down on CMC in game one. 

Hasn't he already displayed the LeV Bell-itis?  I'm hopeful he actually plays this year but not really expecting his return to anything near the level of his former self. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetscode1 said:

Hasn't he already displayed the LeV Bell-itis?  I'm hopeful he actually plays this year but not really expecting his return to anything near the level of his former self. 

At 70% of his opening day beastness against Buffalo two years ago he’s still most impactful defender we have. Not really the itis, he tried to play still hurt. This training  camp and then the pre-season games will give us a idea if he’s infected. I’m hoping not, wanna see him beast out. I want him to buy into Gases “All gas no brakes” mantra and play to his potential as the season go’s on. Is that too much to ask? Oh yeah…

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Jethead said:

CJ Mosely is the Jets best player. Q may have more upside, but no other Jet is close in terms of actual performance. He's still young and the last 2 years have actually meant less wear and tear on his body. 

For all those fantasizing about the Jets being the surprise team this year (me included), no way that happens without CJ anchoring our defense.

Damn, well said! 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Has he?  I like to think I pay attention to the NFL beat but I don't ever recall him breaking actual news.  All I ever see from him(and admittedly I stopped reading anything from him a year or 2 ago) is vague statements that appear to be common sense inferences based on a collaboration of other information.  

Anyone here could do that if they had the desire to and the willingness to play the game and "master" the lingo.

Mogglez revealed him as one of his sources on something early this offseason. He showed us inbox messages. At least from what my memory’s serves.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Mogglez revealed him as one of his sources on something early this offseason. He showed us inbox messages. At least from what my memory’s serves.

I know. That doesn't mean Allbright actually had any sources about Saleh being the guy.  By that time, I was fairly confident Saleh was going to be the Jets choice based on everything happening too.  That doesn't mean I am connected, it means I can read tea leaves and get in the general proximity of the truth.  I'm not trying to take a shot at Mogglez or anyone and people can certainly believe whatever source they want.

I could have predicted  that the Jets and Bears would have been "strong suitors" before any of that was mentioned by the Fowlers or Schefters of the world.  Why?  Because they have the need and the resources.  That's not that hard to project.  But rather than me just guessing, if I had the desire, I could pretend to have legit info and say "I've heard the Jets and Bears will be strong suitors for Morgan Moses" then when the likely scenario plays out, it looks like I was informed when in reality I didn't know anything and just happened to see the most likely destinations available.

All I'm saying is I've never actually seen Allbright breaks news, actual news, like Schefter, Rapaport, Mort ect

9 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I know. That doesn't mean Allbright actually had any sources about Saleh being the guy.  By that time, I was fairly confident Saleh was going to be the Jets choice based on everything happening too.  That doesn't mean I am connected, it means I can read tea leaves and get in the general proximity of the truth.  I'm not trying to take a shot at Mogglez or anyone and people can certainly believe whatever source they want.

I could have predicted  that the Jets and Bears would have been "strong suitors" before any of that was mentioned by the Fowlers or Schefters of the world.  Why?  Because they have the need and the resources.  That's not that hard to project.  But rather than me just guessing, if I had the desire, I could pretend to have legit info and say "I've heard the Jets and Bears will be strong suitors for Morgan Moses" then when the likely scenario plays out, it looks like I was informed when in reality I didn't know anything and just happened to see the most likely destinations available.

All I'm saying is I've never actually seen Allbright breaks news, actual news, like Schefter, Rapaport, Mort ect

I can only speak for myself on his reputation, but I have given him info from my guy, and he’s always corroborated it with actual physical evidence that he has heard the same.

• Upvote 4

Lets remember this is JD and not any of the previous front office guys.  The only one who knows if we are shopping Mosley is JD and he does not tip his hand or give out information.  I also don't doubt hes is taking inquiries and having discussions as everyone has a price.  If the price is right i do not doubt he will pull the trigger, not because he just wants to dump Mosley but because the value is that good.  Its called due diligence and goes for every player on the roster.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

At 70% of his opening day beastness against Buffalo two years ago he’s still most impactful defender we have. Not really the itis, he tried to play still hurt. This training  camp and then the pre-season games will give us a idea if he’s infected. I’m hoping not, wanna see him beast out. I want him to buy into Gases “All gas no brakes” mantra and play to his potential as the season go’s on. Is that too much to ask? Oh yeah…

Wtf Blink182 GIF - Wtf Blink182 Whatthefuck - Discover ...

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Absolutely not.  When he was healthy he was the best player on the field for both teams.  

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Absolutely not.  When he was healthy he was the best player on the field for both teams.  

Lev took off a year.  I haven't seen Mosely play in almost two years.  The comp is there to see.  Again, I'm hoping he plays well but I wouldn't count on it.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Lev took off a year.  I haven't seen Mosely play in almost two years.  The comp is there to see.  Again, I'm hoping he plays well but I wouldn't count on it.

He was hurt and then there was a pandemic that shut the world down.  Bell just lost his speed and ability.  The little bit he played he didnt look shot.  Bell was a shot player.  Thats not the same as Mosely.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

16 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I see no reason to other than salary cap management? Mosley is so talented, I would bet he'll still be one of our best players even now with the switch to a 4-3. If I'm JD, and I'm not compelled to explore trading Mosley, I want to keep a certain number of veteran players on the roster that are still performing well. Mosley, Moses, Maye.... Those are our veterans that immediately become leaders this season. I don't think you could ask for more capable candidates

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

He was hurt and then there was a pandemic that shut the world down.  Bell just lost his speed and ability.  Thats not the same as Mosely

I hope you're right.  Bell looked good in 2017 and I thought even with a year off he could play productively.  He sucked with us and the Chiefs.  More about the time away from the game then questioning the player's ability.  Is there another comp of a player missing two years and returning to his previous form?  

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Is there another comp of a player missing two years and returning to his previous form?  

Well the last pandemic was 1918, so it might be hard to find another player who missed 2 years because of a pandemic.

Blowing out 2 knees in back to back seasons is a bit different then missing a year, and resting during a pandemic.

OTA's to Training Camp.  The silly season.  Longest 6 weeks of the year.

CJM's contract make him untradeable.  His participation in OTA's showed athleticism, leadership and commitment.

Is JD talking to folks on the phone.  Sure.  Why, some fool might offer him 2 1sts and a 3rd.  Besides, JD would take calls on trading his mother.  Doesn't mean he's serious.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, addage said:

OTA's to Training Camp.  The silly season.  Longest 6 weeks of the year.

CJM's contract make him untradeable.  His participation in OTA's showed athleticism, leadership and commitment.

Is JD talking to folks on the phone.  Sure.  Why, some fool might offer him 2 1sts and a 3rd.  Besides, JD would take calls on trading his mother.  Doesn't mean he's serious.

Not sure JD would trade his momma. From the looks of things she must be a pretty good cook!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

Doesn’t sound like a legit source/rumor, but would anyone be surprised? JD getting rid of all of those Mac signings 

I would be shocked, because there's no freaking way any of the 31 teams out there should have any desire to take on his contract.

If Douglas can even get a conditional 7th round pick for the guy, it would be a heist.

As it stands, I'm fully convinced we're stuck with the guy for at least 2021.  Hopefully he contributes so we can recoup at least a little return on investment back.

Fire Macc into the sun.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

16 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Just like crowder and every other move JD has done. He is just doing what he is supposed nto do get value and build a winner. This was a bad signing and if we can get another first....and then some so be it. All the better!

A first and then some?  For a 29-year old ILB with that contract?  lmao.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/26/2021 at 11:14 PM, Mogglez said:

This Twitter account was exposed years ago as a SF 49ers fan living in Kentucky who just makes things up.  One of their “reporters” doesn’t exist and got exposed tweeting from the account they use to report…defending the reporter as a real person.

BC670448-7074-40CD-B709-F2DB27360D33.thumb.jpeg.bc9043c240aa57f879677c9253e6c441.jpeg
ED02AD86-5E5F-499F-A524-3B6A810AF6A7.thumb.jpeg.a433cc060cd049334b97ebf62045bc82.jpegFAF5D951-0F6A-44CA-9EBC-BC2F47D762E3.thumb.jpeg.cc076eba20741ea301cf83187615ef50.jpegE1AB7390-EB82-4294-ADF0-3F4996C91AB4.thumb.jpeg.53ae6135e78de1093e37bfc913629e13.jpeg

interesting.  someone is using a tweet as proof that a guy on twitter is making things up.  no doubt there are lots of people who want to be heard and make things up.  the more outlandish the better.  idk if mosely is being shopped or not.  i suspect douglas is always taking phone calls.  for the right deal anything can happen.  but unless there's some reason why mosely doesn't or can't fit into saleh's scheme i don't think he's going anywhere.