Zach represented by Bosa's team and JD won't budge..

6 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Not even remotely comparable.

A minute lost for Lance is not the same as it is for Wilson.

They have an NFL quality starter in the building. Lance is going to be sitting anyway. The urgency for him to ready isn't close to the same.

The Jets can't evaluate anything in their passing game right now because they have two XFL quality QB's and nothing else. It's a shambles and if the 49ers were in the same spot they'd probably have avoided it because they're a competent organisation. They have leverage and time with Lance that the Jets absolutely do not. 

So our super bowl chances just went from .00001 to .000001.

Would it be nice if he was here day 1 .. yes ... is it really going to matter is the question.

Edited by Dunnie

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

So our super bowl chances just went from .00001 to .000001.

Would it be nice if he was here day 1 .. yes ... is it really going to matter is the question.

This is dumb.

He should be being put in a position to succeed. This year and every year thereafter. This is day one of a completely new regime. There's a lot of position battles and player evaluation going on where having a competent QB is pretty damn important. Whether we suck this year or not it doesn't excuse this nonsense, doesn't excuse Wilson being unprepared because his GM haggled over nothing important. 

Wilson playing catch up from day one is a disaster. He should be leading this transition to a new era. Inexcusable. Sign him now. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Wilson playing catch up from day one is a disaster. He should be leading this transition to a new era. Inexcusable. Sign him now. 

This is Bosa's dickhole agents ... nothing more ... JD is just trying to set precedent.

10 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

With the franchise QB he's invested everything in going forward?

Great time to send a message. 

If he is not in camp at some point next week .. i will get aggravated. I will be doubly aggrevated if he shows next week and it become clear the Jets have not given him all the prep he needs remotely to be able to accelerate his catchup speed upon arrival.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, JazzyJet said:

This move by the FO is so indefensible that it almost seems like it's on purposely stupid, a conspiracy to keep Jets fans in despair. Get your tinfoil hats out folks, no one could truly be this insane.

There is simply no sane, rational argument to be made to justify not only the optics of this, but the actually football fallout from having your rookie QB franchise savior miss snaps when White and Morgan are you only backup plan.

It is truly flabbergasting. But sadly feels comfortable and familiar.

Unfortunately when the owners are this bad, the franchise can never be good. No amount of catchphrases from a naively positive coach can overcome that.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, batman10023 said:

What freaking bank is paying that kind of interest!

The make believe one I made up in my head lol.  After further research it would be around $100k-150k depending on where you put your money

• Sympathy 1

Jets, Zach Wilson issues include cash flow, offsets
Mike Florio
3 hours ago

For rookie contracts, the dollars and cents are tied to draft position. From that perspective, there’s nothing to negotiate. The higher the player selected, however, the more issues to discuss.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Jets and quarterback Zach Wilson have struck multiple roadblocks on the path to a contract for the second overall pick in the draft. Issues include (but aren’t limited to) cash flow and offset language.

As to cash flow, the Jets want to defer millions in signing bonus money earned by Wilson when he executes the contract to 2022. The recent precedent for players taken in the top two include all signing bonus money paid promptly. (Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow and Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence, the last two No. 1 overall picks, got theirs within 15 days of signing. The last two second overall picks, 49ers defensive end Nick Bosa and Washington defensive end Chase Young, received their signing bonus within 30 days of signing.)

The Jets paid out the full signing bonus received by quarterback Sam Darnold, the third overall pick in the draft, in 2018, the year he was drafted. The Jets hope to break from precedent and push money into 2022 based on the “new boss” argument, pointing to the change in G.M. from Mike Maccagnan to Joe Douglas. That hasn’t gotten Wilson to blink, and there’s no reason to think it will.

As to offset, it’s always a simple matter of whether a guarantee is a true guarantee. If the Jets can protect themselves by forcing someone else to pay the balance of the four-year contract if Wilson busts, it’s not a true and full guarantee. Players want the offset language removed (few actually get that term) in order to receive a true and full guarantee.

Meanwhile, the Jets will move forward with training camp without Wilson — and with James Morgan and Mike White as the only two quarterbacks in camp.

Let’s mention that again. Without Wilson, the only options at quarterback are James Morgan and Mike White.

In other words, Wilson has a bit of leverage here.

sounds like the jets just being cheap.  

6 minutes ago, freestater said:

Woody treats the draft like his superbowl, and the actual signing of said draft picks like its a garage sale. 

Woody: Hey can we just trade that Zach kid for draft picks instead of paying him like we did that Prez guy?  I love draft night!

Joe: WTF?

Ghost  of Adam Gase: Told ya 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, freestater said:

Woody treats the draft like his superbowl, and the actual signing of said draft picks like its a garage sale. 

It's not Mr. Johnson.  It's hired-too-soon GM's who run the same rookie GM playbook.  Get rid of all the high priced talent, load up on draft picks, and try to turn coal into diamonds with walk-on's.  

Meanwhile, every Super Bowl team not named the Patriots and every strong Jets team that advanced deep into the playoffs was chock-full of expensive, talented, experienced players.

The rookie GM playbook works only if you have a patient owner.  And we don't.  Joe Douglas is already on the hot seat.  He just doesn't know it yet.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Yes, I do actually. It's Woody who controls the upfront money. It's his money.

Woody is guilty only of hiring Joe Douglas and allowing him the kind of arrogant autonomy that has put us in this Zach Wilson situation.

Give it a day, if Zach isn't signed in the next 24 hours then Woody will put his foot down and force Douglas to get it done.  Woody has a lot of unhappy season ticket holders and a lot of unsold seats.  They need the Zach Wilson Hypefest this summer to make everyone happy and sell more season tickets.  Zach must be suited up and playing Saturday when fans are invited to Florham Park.  

SAR I

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

It's not Mr. Johnson.  It's hired-too-soon GM's who run the same rookie GM playbook.  Get rid of all the high priced talent, load up on draft picks, and try to turn coal into diamonds with walk-on's.  

Meanwhile, every Super Bowl team not named the Patriots and every strong Jets team that advanced deep into the playoffs was chock-full of expensive, talented, experienced players.

The rookie GM playbook works only if you have a patient owner.  And we don't.  Joe Douglas is already on the hot seat.  He just doesn't know it yet.

SAR I

Of course it has nothing to do with the agent that forced holdouts of other top draft picks right?? Or the fact TL just conceded to the owners terms and ZW has not... Or the fact the agent is negotiating through social media and the jets aren't playing the same game. 

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Nope. Sorry. This pattern has been going on way before Curly Howard got here. He either gets the offset language or he gets the hose again. 

Three Stooges Friday GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Haha, so the guy trying to produce a long term sustainable winning team is in the double secret probation hot seat because we have an impatient career loser of an owner? Somehow that’s JD’s fault? At best it’s Adam and Chris’s fault for hiring him too soon like you said, I still think it’s Woody due to that $25 + Milly of dead money against the cap and the familiarity of just going through this with Sam. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Skeptable said:

Of course it has nothing to do with the agent that forced holdouts of other top draft picks right?? Or the fact TL just conceded to the owners terms and ZW has not... Or the fact the agent is negotiating through social media and the jets aren't playing the same game. 

None of that matters.

Zach Wilson is the only quarterback this team has.  As such, we have zero leverage.  Joe Douglas acting like we do is foolish and is just wasting time. 

And Jacksonville is a small market sewer.  This is New York.  And the backpage talk radio story is about to be about The Big Holdout, and all the Jets dysfunction, and how Douglas made a mistake running without a veteran backup, and how we have handicapped our a rookie head coach, and on and on.  He backed himself into a corner.  Douglas is going to cave.  So its best if he does it today.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

9 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

You do realize trust fund bros have nothing to do with the company now?

I know that they don't work for the company or are involved in its day to day business operations, but I'm willing to bet that a good part of their fortune is tied to (or invested in) J&J company stock. Of course, I don't know this for sure but it's an educated guess.

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Woody is guilty only of hiring Joe Douglas and allowing him the kind of arrogant autonomy that has put us in this Zach Wilson situation.

Give it a day, if Zach isn't signed in the next 24 hours then Woody will put his foot down and force Douglas to get it done.  Woody has a lot of unhappy season ticket holders and a lot of unsold seats.  They need the Zach Wilson Hypefest this summer to make everyone happy and sell more season tickets.  Zach must be suited up and playing Saturday when fans are invited to Florham Park.  

SAR I

Lol Woody doesn’t give a sh*t

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Classic jet fan right here.  Is ok with having one or 2 decent seasons followed by 10 years of being horrible.

Good thing Joe D is setting us up for long term success.  And making a stand w/ a high profile draft pick is part of that.

But Jet fans have never experienced long term success so its not surprising they dont understand whats going on.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Haha, so the guy trying to produce a long term sustainable winning team is in the double secret probation hot seat because we have an impatient career loser of an owner?

Well, yes.  Because it's the owner that puts him on the hot seat.  We've heard this "sustainability" stuff before, the Johnson's utter it every time they change GM's.  They preach patience and loyalty for about two maybe three years and then WHAM, off with their heads.  Reminder:  Joe Douglas is now in his 3rd year and has overseen 3 free agent periods and 2 drafts.  He has already reshaped 90% of the roster and ran a 7 win team into the 2 win ground.  If the Jets have another catastrophic year and season ticket renewals plummet, watch out.

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Somehow that’s JD’s fault? At best it’s Adam and Chris’s fault for hiring him too soon like you said,

It's not JD's fault at all.  And I support what the Jets are doing, taking big risks on very young very green GM's to try to find the next great one.  It's all we can do with our reputation.  It's a pity that FO executives can't be drafted and forced to work for bottom-dwelling teams like the way the draft operates.  That surely would bring parity to the league faster than the draft crapshoot and praying you didn't just select the next Quinton Coples or Simone Biles.

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I still think it’s Woody due to that $25 + Milly of dead money against the cap and the familiarity of just going through this with Sam. 

I would agree, but I think the Jets gave Joe Douglas full autonomy and he's in over his head on this one.  He's swinging a big dick with no leverage.  We have no backup plan.  We have no backup quarterback.  Having traded away everyone else, Zach Wilson is the only marquee player too.

SAR I

• Upvote 1