Zach represented by Bosa's team and JD won't budge..

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Happy Birthday @Lith and welcome to the club!

You mentioned you like golf and fishing, so you’re heading to a great area for those.

My advice is check out the development as carefully as the particular area. If you get it right, you and your wife will quickly adapt and have a great social life.

One more thing, getting bored with retirement is a myth. If you’ve prepared financially it will never happen. Being able to do what you want, when you want is a nice reward for all the years you worked so hard.

We bought the house almost two years ago, have some friends that did the same.   

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Retired 3 years ago at 55. Haven't gotten bored yet. See my son's baseball games, go to the mountain house more and more, see more concerts and do things with the family I never had time for before.

Do a little bit of consulting and project management to keep my mind sharp, but the happiness is off the scale.

Agreed.  I can’t imagine being bored.   Eventually the grand children will come, but that probably won’t be a for a little while.  Or at least it better not be for a while...Lol.  

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The bonus is the bonus and is allotted. How it’s paid has zero impact on the salary cap. Maybe the Jets should offer a jelly of the month club membership instead to keep the fans happy about Woodys money.

christmas vacation GIF

• Haha 4

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Sounds great.

Your timing was perfect btw, the market down here has exploded since then.

I know, that’s why I’m so tempted to sell up here in NJ right now, but my daughter has two more years of high school and we wanted to wait until she was done with school to leave.  

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

No they don’t. The contact is fully 

So , If the Jets get certain offset language where if another team signs him and the Jets don't have to pay that portion of his salary , that money doesn't  come off the Jets salary cap number ?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Snook said:

So , If the Jets get certain offset language where if another team signs him and the Jets don't have to pay that portion of his salary , that money doesn't  come off the Jets salary cap number ?

It's dead money either way.

5 minutes ago, Snook said:

I thought I read differently.  I'll try and find it.

The contract once he signs is fully guaranteed. If the Jets cut him and he signs somewhere else, they wouldnt be on the hook for paying him...but they wouldn't be able to use that money on another player, it doesnt free anything up or give them more roster flexibility. It just saves Woody money. Unless I missed the Jets being publicly traded, there's no reason fans should be worried about Woody's purse.

40 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I know, that’s why I’m so tempted to sell up here in NJ right now, but my daughter has two more years of high school and we wanted to wait until she was done with school to leave.  

That’s when most do it.
I stayed up north until mine was finished with college, because I wanted her to be able to come home to her friends and extended family on breaks/summer.

I would come down here during her semesters and finally sold up there when she graduated, got a job in NYC and the obligatory place in Brooklyn, lol.

2 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

30 of 32 (Jags and Rams I believe are the outliers) teams like the Jets have offset language in all their players contracts. Zach Wilson's agents are taking advantage of the fact the media and even Jets fans will never take their side on this.

30 of 32 NFL teams have violated the spirit of the CBA that they signed that forced slotted rookie salary through a lock out.  

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Best (or worst depending on your viewpoint) update I can give is that I don’t think he’ll be at practice today, but, again, I’m still hopeful that this doesn’t linger much longer (based on what I consider “longer” lol)

So Mogglez, what did you hear yesterday?

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Like I said last night, after getting burned on the fluidity of negotiations with the Saleh situation, I’m hesitant to put any sort of concrete date out there, despite being told by 2 people when they think it will be.  It caused chaos and, quite frankly, stress for me.  I think the best thing I can say is that I made it pretty clear that I was pessimistic and pissed yesterday, and that, as of right now, I’m no longer feeling that way.

Waking up from my nap to the news like:

DB4E0563-38A6-4840-8D3C-4ABB94A78981.gif.f96a46fe66c520f783647f9eb09ea954.gif

Lmao, nah no actual victory laps.  Just happy he signed.  I was told last night that they expected it to be done today, no later than Friday.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, slats said:

I’ve been sitting on the beach reading books for most of the last two years. Still waiting to get bored. 

Good for you.  Same here.

Laying on a beautiful beach, without a worry never gets boring

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The bonus is the bonus and is allotted. How it’s paid has zero impact on the salary cap. Maybe the Jets should offer a jelly of the month club membership instead to keep the fans happy about Woodys money.

okay with your clarification that you are saying just the timing (which wasn't what you said) i will agree with you.

and for the record i think he should have gotten his cash in 2021 and not 2022.  which wasn't a smart move by whoever is pushing this (i assume the owners).

6 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Like I said last night, after getting burned on the fluidity of negotiations with the Saleh situation, I’m hesitant to put any sort of concrete date out there, despite being told by 2 people when they think it will be.  It caused chaos and, quite frankly, stress for me.  I think the best thing I can say is that I made it pretty clear that I was pessimistic and pissed yesterday, and that, as of right now, I’m no longer feeling that way.

Why Stress?

thanks for your insights.  

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Why Stress?

thanks for your insights.  

Because I could watch butterfly could die and I’d worry that it’s the end of times approaching lol ?

Of course bud.  Anytime!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

@SAR I

Yeah, I know it is Manish, but not sure how you can think this is on JD?

We don't know what happened.  Could be that Douglas got his way, could be that Woody said enough is enough get the kid here tonight.

Either way, its great that Zach is where he belongs and now the Jets are ready to get 8 wins and prove that Joe Douglas is a good GM.

SAR I

• Upvote 1