Zach represented by Bosa's team and JD won't budge..

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I genuinely don’t even care about practice today.  There’s absolutely zero things to be excited about.  It’s going to be a sloppy, awful, mess.  The offense is going to look horrendous and the Jets are going to get made fun of and chewed apart on social media all day long.

I also wonder if this standoff is not a side effect of not having an experienced back up on the roster. I could easily see Zach's agent assuming they will gain leverage once practice starts.  So miss a day or two of practice and the Jets are bound to give in.  At least if we had an expereinced back up, we would have someone who is capable of running an offense in practice.  With Morgan and White, who knows?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

SF is waiting to see what the Jets do with Wilson I’d imagine. They have that luxury with a starting QB with experience on the roster. 

Having Jimmy G on the Jets roster wouldn't make me any more or less happy about this situation. Actually, the niners are probably more desperate to get Lance reps given that he only played 1 game last year and only started like 17 games in his entire college career. 

Either way, I am pretty confident Wilson is signed today or tomorrow and this fake drama is forgotten about as fast as the OMG Becton is severely over weight drama ended. 

Just now, Lith said:

I also wonder if this standoff is not a side effect of not having an experienced back up on the roster. I could easily see Zach's agent assuming they will gain leverage once practice starts.  So miss a day or two of practice and the Jets are bound to give in.  At least if we had an expereinced back up, we would have someone who is capable of running an offense in practice.  With Morgan and White, who knows?

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the case either and even said such yesterday.  They’re going to go through today’s sh*tshow and Saleh is going to run through JDs doors screaming “IDGAF what you have to do, get my QB here”.

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I genuinely don’t even care about practice today.  There’s absolutely zero things to be excited about.  It’s going to be a sloppy, awful, mess.  The offense is going to look horrendous and the Jets are going to get made fun of and chewed apart on social media all day long.

So just an average tuesday as a jets fan.  Got it.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Having Jimmy G on the Jets roster wouldn't make me any more or less happy about this situation. Actually, the niners are probably more desperate to get Lance reps given that he only played 1 game last year and only started like 17 games in his entire college career. 

Either way, I am pretty confident Wilson is signed today or tomorrow and this fake drama is forgotten about as fast as the OMG Becton is severely over weight drama ended. 

How is this fake drama? Camp has started and the Jets don’t have a quarterback. It’s as real as it gets.

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm not sure I agree with that. Steelers or Pats without great QB play are closer to the Ravens -- still a great org, just not as consistent without the top notch QB that puts them over the top.

I'm not going to say Joe Flacco was ever elite.  He was an above average QB who started for 10 straight years.  We haven't had a QB who played like Flacco in his prime for 10 years ever.  

Just now, Matt39 said:

How is this fake drama? Camp has started and the Jets don’t have a quarterback. It’s as real as it gets.

Fake Drama are things people get all upset about that have zero impact on the season. Everyone was worried about Becton's weight and foot issue, until suddenly it's no longer a topic on this board anymore. 

If Wilson signs today or tomorrow, this won't impact our season (let alone Wilson's future) and this thread will be fade away. 

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

What are we talking about, Practice!  We ain't talking about the game, we talking about practice.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Fake Drama are things people get all upset about that have zero impact on the season. Everyone was worried about Becton's weight and foot issue, until suddenly it's no longer a topic on this board anymore. 

If Wilson signs today or tomorrow, this won't impact our season (let alone Wilson's future) and this thread will be fade away. 

Bectons weight is probably always going to be an issue. 

wilson isn’t in camp, it’s an issue.

I know the Woody brigade likes the “nothing actually matters” talking point, but jeeze…for once it would be nice if they were committed to winning games.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Woody is guilty only of hiring Joe Douglas and allowing him the kind of arrogant autonomy that has put us in this Zach Wilson situation.

Give it a day, if Zach isn't signed in the next 24 hours then Woody will put his foot down and force Douglas to get it done.  Woody has a lot of unhappy season ticket holders and a lot of unsold seats.  They need the Zach Wilson Hypefest this summer to make everyone happy and sell more season tickets.  Zach must be suited up and playing Saturday when fans are invited to Florham Park.  

SAR I

YEAH!  BRING BACK MACC!!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

What are we talking about, Practice!  We ain't talking about the game, we talking about practice.  

yeah - who needs practice when you're a rookie QB from BYU that didn't play any legit competition and really only had 1 amazing year in college?

42 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

SF is waiting to see what the Jets do with Wilson I’d imagine. They have that luxury with a starting QB with experience on the roster. 

Well, Lance just signed. So perhaps the Jets were waiting on the Niners. I am guessing we see Wilson today or tomorrow the latest.

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Well, Lance just signed. So perhaps the Jets were waiting on the Niners. I am guessing we see Wilson today or tomorrow the latest.

Gotta get him in before the first practice open to fans, or it will be ugly.  I think that is Saturday.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, heymangold said:

yeah - who needs practice when you're a rookie QB from BYU that didn't play any legit competition and really only had 1 amazing year in college?

Exactly it's a buzz kill.  We want Zach to have the good vibes he had when he finished college.  

12 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Not agreeing to this stupid sticking mark for this agent is not poor form. You don't let some agent run you over. He should sign already. He is keeping himself off the field. 

Nobody is running over anyone.

He's asking for what Sam Darnold got 3 years ago (one pick below) and what Trevor Lawrence got this year (one pick above)

This is just the wrong hill for JD to die on.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Lith said:

The agents have this leverage as well as the fact that the first public practice is approaching.  It will be ugly for the jets if Wilson is not there.

Edit: missed your post where you highlighted this.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

The agents have this leverage as well as the fact that the first public practice is approaching.  It will be ugly for the jets if Wilson is not there.

It might get ugly, but it looks like JD is dug in tighter than an Alabama tick. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Times like these (and there have been many), I question why I root for and support this team

SNY's Ralph Vacchiano reports the Jets are "not likely to budge" in ongoing contract talks with rookie QB Zach Wilson. 

Ok so now what? Trade him?

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Times like these (and there have been many), I question why I root for and support this team

SNY's Ralph Vacchiano reports the Jets are "not likely to budge" in ongoing contract talks with rookie QB Zach Wilson. 

Good.  Joe D and the jets arent playing.  Sign the damn deal or sit out Zach.

Joe is at practice watching the team.  Hes not worried.

• Thumb Down 3

13 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

lmfao.   It's more important to win a negotiation then it is to sign your #2 overall pick who plays the most important position in sports.

Jets baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2