Zach represented by Bosa's team and JD won't budge..

10 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Happy Birthday!!    

I turned 50 last year and that was a tough one for me.  Something about 50 really got me...Lol.  

It’s also been 41 years since the last Georgia National Championship, just had to throw that in there..Lol 

Thanks.  The way I look at it, either you reach 60 or you don't.  Being 60 is the better alternative.  Besides, retirement is a real thing in the near future for me.  Think of those poor young suckers who have 40+ years of work ahead of them.

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

Thanks.  The way I look at it, either you reach 60 or you don't.  Being 60 is the better alternative.  Besides, retirement is a real thing in the near future for me.  Think of those poor young suckers who have 40+ years of work ahead of them.

Agreed.   I can’t wait to retire, two more years and I’m done and heading south.  Golf, fishing and Clemson football.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.   I can’t wait to retire, two more years and I’m done and heading south.  Golf, fishing and Clemson football.  

To me, it is more about the ability to retire. Always wanted to start taking things easier at 60.  6 months ago, I changed jobs.  I work remotely now.  No longer run a department.  I am not the one getting the calls on weekends/evenings/vacations, etc.  I make less money, but life is so much better.  Personal time is really my own now, it had not been that way for several years.  No reason to retire as long as I am happy with what I am doing. 

Another year or two and I should be able to retire comfortably.  If I want to.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

To me, it is more about the ability to retire. Always wanted to start taking things easier at 60.  6 months ago, I changed jobs.  I work remotely now.  No longer run a department.  I am not the one getting the calls on weekends/evenings/vacations, etc.  I make less money, but life is so much better.  Personal time is really my own now, it had not been that way for several years.  No reason to retire as long as I am happy with what I am doing. 

I went into consulting a few years back for the same reasons, my wife is a few years younger than me and she is probably going to work a few more years after I retire.  She can keep her same position and work from South Carolina.  

People tell me I’m going to get bored really quickly, we’ll see.  

• Upvote 2

There's a part of me that wants this to colossally blow up on both ends.  Have Wilson hold out all camp essentially killing his first year and destroying his career.

At the same time, this makes the Jets another dumpster fire for the next 3 years with 3-4 win seasons.  JD never gets another GM job, etc. etc.  **** it, screw em all.

But, to be honest, I've been in a horrible mood for the last year or so.  There's part of me that hopes the whole country burns to the ******* ground.

14 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I went into consulting a few years back for the same reasons, my wife is a few years younger than me and she is probably going to work a few more years after I retire.  She can keep her same position and work from South Carolina.  

Greenville is nice but could get boring.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Happy Birthday!!    

I turned 50 last year and that was a tough one for me.  Something about 50 really got me...Lol.  

It’s also been 41 years since the last Georgia National Championship, just had to throw that in there..Lol 

I'm joining the club in about a month. I shall refer to it only as "going golden".

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Happy Birthday @Lith and welcome to the club!

You mentioned you like golf and fishing, so you’re heading to a great area for those.

My advice is check out the development as carefully as the particular area. If you get it right, you and your wife will quickly adapt and have a great social life.

One more thing, getting bored with retirement is a myth. If you’ve prepared financially it will never happen. Being able to do what you want, when you want is a nice reward for all the years you worked so hard.

• Sympathy 1

40 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Retired 3 years ago at 55. Haven't gotten bored yet. See my son's baseball games, go to the mountain house more and more, see more concerts and do things with the family I never had time for before.

Do a little bit of consulting and project management to keep my mind sharp, but the happiness is off the scale.

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Can someone please give me the tl;dr version of what the actual details of the contract in dispute are? I thought there wasn't much to negotiate since the rookie wage scale came into play. Are we putting a line in the sand over something silly?

Offsets.

Payment timing.

Most people in the thread think the Jets are wrong, and should give Wilson everything he asks for on these, yes.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Can someone please give me the tl;dr version of what the actual details of the contract in dispute are? I thought there wasn't much to negotiate since the rookie wage scale came into play. Are we putting a line in the sand over something silly?

How much cash Zach gets immediately vs. waiting years for a portion of it.

How much the Jets get compensated by a hypothetical future team if Zach busts in NJ.

No impact to cap.  

SAR I

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Johnson's are cheapskates when it comes to money out of their pocket that isnt allotted towards the salary cap. e.g bonuses, paying coaches, staff etc

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

I'm 62 and will retire in 5 6 years when the mortgage is done.  I live in Bluffton SC and it is a wonderful life other than all the northerners following me down.  Here I actually can retire on my 401k pension and SS, cant say that in NY when you are paying 15 to 20K in real estate taxes..

As far as the contract demands go what if i phrase it a bit differently.  OK I know I am going to get mt 35 million dollars over the next 4 year a bunch of it up front.  If I rape my girl friend or get caught boffing little boys I still want you to pay me even if I get kicked out of the NFL.  Also if I suck so bad that you have to cut me I know i still get my money but if someone else picks me up I want to double dip and take their money while you are still paying me.

This is essentially what the agent wants just wanted people to see it in real life terms. 

5 minutes ago, Greensince69 said:

I'm 62 and will retire in 5 6 years when the mortgage is done.  I live in Bluffton SC and it is a wonderful life other than all the northerners following me down.  Here I actually can retire on my 401k pension and SS, cant say that in NY when you are paying 15 to 20K in real estate taxes..

As far as the contract demands go what if i phrase it a bit differently.  OK I know I am going to get mt 35 million dollars over the next 4 year a bunch of it up front.  If I rape my girl friend or get caught boffing little boys I still want you to pay me even if I get kicked out of the NFL.  Also if I suck so bad that you have to cut me I know i still get my money but if someone else picks me up I want to double dip and take their money while you are still paying me.

This is essentially what the agent wants just wanted people to see it in real life terms. 

Not at all.  Suspensions can still void the contracts for the guys who get the special deal and those would all bring league discipline including suspensions.         

7 minutes ago, Greensince69 said:

Or there's a rookie salary slot that guarantees that the team that drafted you and prevented you from negiotating a better deal with another team has to pay you the full amount of the slotted guranteed contract.

The teams actually don't randomely draft players.  They have a period of due dilligence including physicals, background checks, interviews, pyshological testing, anal probe, Alien abduction, etc., etc., etc.

12 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

Not at all.  Suspensions can still void the contracts for the guys who get the special deal and those would all bring league discipline including suspensions.         

Do a little more homework, the agent is demanding that none of the signing bonus is recoverable if Zach is kicked out of the league.  I am sure none of this id from Zach just his agent trying to prove his worth in a slotted salary situation.  Zack would have been better off representing himself saving the 10 to 15 percent (real cash coming to him not hypothetical what ifs)  and getting a trusted agent for his second contract, My assumptions is Zach is a good kid and wont get into that kind of trouble and he will be at least as good as Sam and will be here for 4 years.  The issue for the Jests is setting the precedent for the future.

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The payment structure of the bonus has zero to do with the salary cap. Keep shilling though. 

that's not what you wrote in the post.  You didn't talk about payment structure.  now you are changing the point.  It's because of your view of the owners that you will try to spin anything to a negative view of them.

he's not selling the team so you going to have to deal with his actions (good and bad).

4 minutes ago, Greensince69 said:

Do a little more homework, the agent is demanding that none of the signing bonus is recoverable if Zach is kicked out of the league.  I am sure none of this id from Zach just his agent trying to prove his worth in a slotted salary situation.  Zack would have been better off representing himself saving the 10 to 15 percent (real cash coming to him not hypothetical what ifs)  and getting a trusted agent for his second contract, My assumptions is Zach is a good kid and wont get into that kind of trouble and he will be at least as good as Sam and will be here for 4 years.  The issue for the Jests is setting the precedent for the future.

don't think the agents get that much anymore (of the first contract).  but i could be wrong on that point.  for some reason i have 3% in my mind.

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

that's not what you wrote in the post.  You didn't talk about payment structure.  now you are changing the point.  It's because of your view of the owners that you will try to spin anything to a negative view of them.

he's not selling the team so you going to have to deal with his actions (good and bad).

The bonus is the bonus and is allotted. How it’s paid has zero impact on the salary cap. Maybe the Jets should offer a jelly of the month club membership instead to keep the fans happy about Woodys money.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Honestly... it's the number 3 pick signing with no offset that made your arguments more reasonable ... aside from that fact ... setting precedent when dealing with agents is one of the most important things an organization ... especially one with the history of the Jets ... can do.

In the current situation ... there is absolutely zero reason this has not been resolved already. Give them what they want and get him in camp.

(Just realised I was quoting Irish when it should have been Sperm)

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Lance has offsets in his contract.

It is my understanding that Lance agreed to offset language.  Why is nobody blaming Wilson and his agent??   The tendency on this board is to automatically side with the player and blame Jets management.  Doesn't Wilson have confidence in his ability to play four years with the Jets? This"just give him what he wants" mantra is ridiculously simplistic.  I'm glad many of you are not negotiating on my behalf.  If many posters on this board were running the Jets, they would have an average age of 38 and be $100 million over the cap and still go 2-14. Revis would still be playing, Fitz would be the QB making $30 million per, Crowder would be the highest paid receiver in the NFL, LeVeon Bell would still be here earning $16 million a season for 600 total yards and 3 yards per carry.....

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Good luck!