Cowherd rips Wilson pick…again

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

At least you're not already calling one/both of them "Generational" and arguing we should lose on purpose if we hit 0-4 because of how great one of them will surely be.  

Don't get me wrong, we all know someone here at JN will do all that, but today seems a bit early for it IMO, lol.

No, that would be insane.  Play to win every single game this year.

I'm simply saying if he and we are terrible, you pull the rip cord year 1.

6 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Any situation where we were in position to pick Howell or Rattler and, in fact, we are that bad.

Also, in August 2020, did you see the Jets being 2-14?

No, not any situation.  Cincy won all of 4, theyre not blaming Burrow.  

This team has a better D, better OL, better run game, cant have as bad a CS.  Should have seen 2-14 coming last year, my bad thinking we would be at least a little better than that.  Another difference and you've said it a million times, Darnold sucked instead of making a year three jump 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because every loss will be on the QB.

So just throw him out and get another rookie QB and start over.

If you know he’s probably never going to be what you thought he would, and there’s another excellent QB prospect sitting there, then you Rosen him.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

No, not any situation.  Cincy won all of 4, theyre not blaming Burrow.  

This team has a better D, better OL, better run game, cant have as bad a CS.  Should have seen 2-14 coming last year, my bad thinking we would be at least a little better than that.  Another difference and you've said it a million times, Darnold sucked instead of making a year three jump 

As you say, the D, offensive line, run game, and likely coaching is improved.  Add the WRs too.  If we're 2-14, it's hard to think of ways in which it's not because of the QB.  There are a lot of pieces in place now.

5 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

If you know he’s probably never going to be what you thought he would, and there’s another excellent QB prospect sitting there, then you Rosen him.

Thats a huge if and projection after a season of football.  Its not that he'd have to look like a Rosen, he'd have to suck big time.  I dont think he can possibly look that bad 

Lots of QBs get drafted high first round.  How many are dumped after a season?  And most of those retained fail.  Its the nature of the beast

If he were to get benched after 7 or so, complete 47% of his passes, throw for all of 1600 yards in 10 games he played in, 7 TDs and 14 INTs would you dump him?  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

As you say, the D, offensive line, run game, and likely coaching is improved.  Add the WRs too.  If we're 2-14, it's hard to think of ways in which it's not because of the QB.  There are a lot of pieces in place now.

All those items listed is why I dont see this as the same 2 win team as last years team

32 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Easy.  You evaluate Wilson over the course of a year and if the conclusion is that he isn't good.  You take another shot.  They weren't both Top 3 picks, but Arizona did it.  No reason we can't if we end up that position.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that.  But, you are always looking for a QB until you absolutely know you have one.

I just don't see it happening unless he's truly god awful -- like, I'm talking Hackenberg only we try to play him bad.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Well admittedly Wilson did himself no favors to the Wilson doubters at the Green and White.

But I keep reading all the camp tweets and it’s starting to concern me. I mean please god, don’t do this to us again

That guy on the right is a hypocrite. 

He's a big time 49ers fan and is being hypocritical. 

He mentioned how Zach Wilson "didn't go to Alabama but went to little BYU" but yet doesn't mention how his boy Trey Lance went to an even smaller school and played absolute crap opponents @ North Dakota State? 

This was the worst football interview ever. Comparing him to Sam Darnold and wondering if Sam was/is more talented? No mention of Sam as a 3rd year player posting the NFL's 42nd worst QB Rating? 

4+ minutes of Zach Wilson bashing with no mention of him being a training camp Rookie who's yet to take a single preseason snap?

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

All those items listed is why I dont see this as the same 2 win team as last years team

I agree.  And because I agree, that's why I'm saying that if they end up in position to take a top 2 QB, its hard to imagine it's for reasons other than because the QB put us there.

4 minutes ago, peebag said:

Nothing they said on the clip is wrong.

What did they say that was right? 

How Sam Darnold is "more talented" than Zach Wilson? 

Or mentioning how Zach Wilson didn't go to Alabama because he went to BYU with no mention of how Trey Lance went to a smaller football program @ North Dakota State?

Alabama? Dating back to Joe Namath I can literally list 20+ NFL bust QBs from Alabama so why did he mention "Alabama"?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Anyone getting worked up now is an impatient idiot. 

There is no ability to answer "Did the Jets make a big mistake" today, and anyone claiming they can is full of sh*t, or should go directly to Vegas and start laying down bets with their third eye future vision.

Lets talk in a year or so, and see then (not now) if "Zack sucks", and what an analysis of that "sucking" looks like.

Cowher, and those worked up about Cowherd, are just whiners jumping to hyperbolic conclusions at this point.

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

I get tired of people calling Cowherd an idiot. The guy is the smartest personality on sports radio.

He isn’t always right.  None of us are. But I find it difficult to understand how so many can’t recognize that he is a high IQ analyst.

I disagree with this because smart people acknowledge when they were wrong. Cowherd never acknowledges that he was wrong, and like all sports opinion guys, he gets it wrong a fair share of the time. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Decent clip with some legit concerns from the other guy(CC is a moron), especially how the Jets immediately locked into WIlson (even with Douglas only meeting him once in person before the draft)

At the end of the day it's extremely difficult for an organization to overcome poor ownership.

and??? i have a real hard time thinking woody locked onto wilson.  i would expect woody locking onto players from bigger name schools in bigger conferences like mac jones or fields.

17 hours ago, jago said:

haven't looked at anything but asking,
is the D just ahead of the O right now?

Not sure, but I look at it this way.  Wilson is a Rookie QB in the NFL  and not only is he learning the offense and the ways of the NFL, but his entire O is learning a new offense and they are doing it with 3 new WR among the top 6; 2 new starting O lineman, 2 new RB among the top 4.  There are a lot of new and moving parts in creating this new offense and it does not help that many of the key players are new to the team as well.

Heck, if Moore beats out Crowder 7 of the 11 starters on offense will be new and all 11 will be playing in an offense that none of them have played in together (or most not ever). Patience is the key here.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Anyone getting worked up now is an impatient idiot. 

There is no ability to answer "Did the Jets make a big mistake" today, and anyone claiming they can is full of sh*t, or should go directly to Vegas and start laying down bets with their third eye future vision.

Lets talk in a year or so, and see then (not now) if "Zack sucks", and what an analysis of that "sucking" looks like.

Cowher, and those worked up about Cowherd, are just whiners jumping to hyperbolic conclusions at this point.

I'm in.....

:image.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Jets fans are amazing!

The fact that a rookie QB might have some GROWING PAINS in their first public significant scrimmage is surprising some folks?

Ummmmmm

Good Grief!!! :( 

this place is Chicken Little country since practices started.  It's only going to get worse.  Most threads are unreadable now.  Either because of the incredible whining of the chicken littles and, on the other side, DWC posts.  Serioulsy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

One of my favorite movie quotes feels appropriate here, from the film Bridge of Spies:

NLP-6.jpg&ehk=z%2BEWrPpQeuL52q1mhXgZF4lo

This line resonated with me as well. So much so, I’ve tried to adopt the mindset more in life. Just excellent movie making in that moment.

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

If he were to get benched after 7 or so, complete 47% of his passes, throw for all of 1600 yards in 10 games he played in, 7 TDs and 14 INTs would you dump him?  

It depends on what my eyes tell me but with those numbers If there was another QB prospect I really liked sitting there for me and I know I could get at least something back for Wilson in a trade, yes I would.

To early to tell one way or another on Wilson.

As far Cowherd, back in the early to mid 2000s when Iowa was at its first peak under Ferentz after being in shambles for awhile, Cowherd LOVED Iowa Football.  He talked about and praised Iowa football more than anyone in the national media.  Then Ferentz refused to go on his show in 2006 or so and Cowherd flopped immediately and has done nothing but rag on Iowa and Ferentz since.  It was practically overnight.  I have never valued anything he says since because he’s not in the business of making astute observations.  He’s in the business of getting people lathered up.

• Upvote 1