Jets - Packers Joint Practice Updates 8/18

Lith

18 minutes ago, Biggs said:

When they executed the search warrant he was suspiciously flushing something down the toilet.  One of the cops on the scene said it looked like a 150 pounds of jello.  

It's all circumstantial but based on a preponderance of the evidence any jury in the USA would find him guilty of mobid obesity.  

I read the report.  It said it looked like he was hiding 150 pounds of crack down the back of his pants.

9 minutes ago, genot said:

Did you watch the Raider game last year?

Yes. I did.

But did you?

Because I loved it. 

I don't take 1-2 sacks allowed and ignore everything else that was DOMINANT (like you do).

200+ yards rushing behind Highway 77 and 28 points scored (and Becton was just a ROOKIE).

@Mogglez 

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

It’s been consist every day. He’s getting destroyed by any starting rusher he faces. 

over and over day after day. 

Except when they played the Giants and his block actually protected Wilson from an actual hit.  But keep worrying about these two hand touch practices. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Well today we were without 3 key impactful players in Alijah Vera-Tucker (LG), Elijah Moore (WR) and Quinnen Williams (DT). 

And since we got our ass kicked so bad today can anyone tell me the final score on the scoreboard?

I'd like to know...

Exactly!  Practice and preseason means nothing.  I could expand on this for at least another 500 words but I'm in GreenBay and meeting Becton at Dairy Queen in 10 minutes. 

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yes. I did.

But did you?

Because I loved it. 

200+ yards rushing behind Highway 77 and 28 points scored (and Becton was just a ROOKIE).

Dude, there is no spinning a performance where he gave up 2 sacks to Clelin Ferrell into a good one.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yes and no.  We know, by his own admission, that he ballooned up last year.  He actually said it before last season ended.  Then he proceeded to show up to OTAs and minicamp fat and out of shape.  So while, yes, his current situation is all speculation, it’s only because Becton will no longer divulge his current weight, leading us to speculate.  If that’s the case, history is the best way to to predict the future.

Yes, which is why I said it's not unwarranted. But the most recent "evidence" we have is the visual of him looking thinner. Add to that, I haven't seen a single recent tweet or report about him looking out of shape. Which is why it is pure speculation, as far as the cause of his struggles in practice.

I guess my point is that he may not be out of shape after all, but just not as good as we all thought. I still want to see him more in live game action, and his game against the Giants (albeit against backups) was encouraging, but I agree that the concern about his performance is not an overreaction, as some are suggesting. Hopefully he proves us wrong.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yes. I did.

But did you?

Because I loved it. 

@Mogglez 

Your delusional. He whiffed twice on inside rushes and almost got the QB killed. I know it was Darnold, but if it happens to Wilson maybe you'll take your blinders off

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Not only that, there's a difference between a day, and as bad as it's been for Becton.  It's not even a nice what-about-ism, because no one is getting upset about a single bad practice.

You can feel however you felt about him last year, about his potential, but hearing him get abused this bad, this summer, absolutely has to be concerning.  And, it's not like the Browns and Raiders games didn't happen last year, either.

How many sacks did Becton give up in the first pre-season game? You know, the only game that Wilson actually risked getting hit. 

Just now, ultraJETfan said:

My theory is to not speculate without actual footage and not to trust everything these hacks tweet about. They are clearly masters at manipulation and sensationalism. He looked good in his limited action vs NYG. Lets see how he does Saturday before we claim the sky is falling. 

The packers beat writers said the same things. He was playing backups Saturday night.   

please refrain from manipulation and sensationalism.  I never said the sky is falling. 

I said it was weird and offered the foot injury or a back injury as the primary explanation.  

getting beaten cleanly at a clip of about 50% by multiple different rushers over 2 weeks day in and day out over and over is reason for concern. 

sorry this triggered you. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

How many sacks did Becton give up in the first pre-season game? You know, the only game that Wilson actually risked getting hit. 

Again: pancaking a rookie 2nd round pass rusher in Azeez Ojulari isn’t exactly impressive.  Especially since every time he steps on the field with a premier rusher, who is a starter, he gets abused.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Well today we were without 3 key impactful players in Alijah Vera-Tucker (LG), Elijah Moore (WR) and Quinnen Williams (DT). 

And since we got our ass kicked so bad today can anyone tell me the final score on the scoreboard?

I'd like to know...

No one cares that we "lost" today's practice, you tool.

Who the Hell are you arguing with?

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

The real question.. is Preston Smith playing?

Good question. I'd hope so, because that would be a good barometer to measure Becton's performance. Won't matter a whole lot if Becton faces no one but scrubs on Saturday. Unless, of course, he sucks again.

We needed this beating to temper irrational  expectations  around here. 

I don't think the players need a humbling, I think it is a swath of fans on this board who think we automatically  go to playoff contenders  who need a humbling.

I think we are a way better  team than we were last  year, but I'm not expecting any miracles. I'm just trying to enjoy  not being a complete  laughing  stock this year while so many of us are setting  themselves  up for disappointment.

We can try to enjoy watching the development of a young team with a lot of talent who is trying  to turn the tide on 50+ years  of ineptitude. On the other hand, we can do what we usually  do and start trying to chase Becton  and Wilson out of town on day 1. I'm good with either.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Again: pancaking a rookie 2nd round pass rusher in Azeez Ojulari isn’t exactly impressive.  Especially since every time he steps on the field with a premier rusher, who is a starter, he gets abused.

Big caveat - how many were real games not practices or PS games where the team is learning a new freaking blocking scheme.

• Upvote 1

Just now, PS17 said:

I can’t read these daily training camp tweet threads anymore. The hyper mega extreme overreaction and overanalysis  to every snap is ridiculous. 

The beat guys love posting crap like "uneven day for Wilson" to get these clowns all riled up. They give no context mainly because they have no context.  They just know there is a vast, insecure fanbase that will literally freak out over one of the best offensive lineman this team has drafted in decades. 

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yes. I did.

But did you?

Because I loved it. 

I don't take 1-2 sacks allowed and ignore everything else that was DOMINANT (like you do).

@Mogglez 

I don't think anyone is worried about his run blocking.  The concern is him getting beat off the edge is pass protection. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He gave up 4 sacks all of last year. You know, when they mattered....

How many times do I have to mention that one year wonders are a thing before we understand it around these parts.

Sheldon Richardson.

Leonard Williams.

Mo Wilkerson.

Calvin Pryor.

Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Becton isn’t established at all.  He dominated camp last year and was great.  This year he’s absolutely sucked in camp and we don’t have regular season games where he’s going against STARTERS, NOT BACK-UPS, to say that he hasn’t taken a regression.  So far his camp this year is worse than last year.  Significantly.  That’s a regression so far.  Unfortunately for us, if his regular season is a regression as well, we are absolutely f*cked.

9 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Not only that, there's a difference between a day, and as bad as it's been for Becton.  It's not even a nice what-about-ism, because no one is getting upset about a single bad practice.

You can feel however you felt about him last year, about his potential, but hearing him get abused this bad, this summer, absolutely has to be concerning.  And, it's not like the Browns and Raiders games didn't happen last year, either.

Forgot about the Brown game. All it takes is one. Whiff, ( like in the Raider game), to get the QB killed. 

7 minutes ago, genot said:

Your delusional. He whiffed twice on inside rushes and almost got the QB killed. I know it was Darnold, but if it happens to Wilson maybe you'll take your blinders off

He ranked as the 3rd best Rookie Offensive Lineman in all of Football last year amongst all Rookie O-lineman (LT/LG/C/RG/RT combined).

He was absolutely DOMINANT.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

How many times do I have to mention that one year wonders are a thing before we understand it around these parts.

Sheldon Richardson.

Leonard Williams.

Mo Wilkerson.

Calvin Pryor.

Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Becton isn’t established at all.  He dominated camp last year and was great.  This year he’s absolutely sucked in camp and we don’t have regular season games where he’s going against STARTERS, NOT BACK-UPS, to say that he hasn’t taken a regression.  So far his camp this year is worse than last year.  Significantly.  That’s a regression so far.  Unfortunately for us, if his regular season is a regression as well, we are absolutely f*cked.

We are also screwed if Wilson is bad, if Saleh can't coach, if Quinnen regresses, if the entire team gets food poisoning before week 1. Let's start a new thread about things we should worry about IF they happen this year. 

You are worrying about meaningless two hand touch practices. There is no reason to believe he has regressed. I have my worries about this team, Becton is not one. 

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1