Jets - Packers Joint Practice Updates 8/18

Lith

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

How many times do I have to mention that one year wonders are a thing before we understand it around these parts.

Sheldon Richardson.

Leonard Williams.

Mo Wilkerson.

Calvin Pryor.

Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Becton isn’t established at all.  He dominated camp last year and was great.  This year he’s absolutely sucked in camp and we don’t have regular season games where he’s going against STARTERS, NOT BACK-UPS, to say that he hasn’t taken a regression.  So far his camp this year is worse than last year.  Significantly.  That’s a regression so far.  Unfortunately for us, if his regular season is a regression as well, we are absolutely f*cked.

Calvin Pryor didnt even qualify as a 1 year wonder. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He gave up 4 sacks all of last year. You know, when they mattered....

The fastest way to the Jets QB last year was up the middle.  NFL defenses generally attack the weakest link and if it happens to be the middle of the line that's the fastest route to the QB.

If the middle of our line is better Becton may be asked to do a lot more in pass protection. 

When it mattered our Ol was a seive up the middle last year.  Becton is going to have to be better if the middle of the line is better.  VT shoring up the middle might be more on Becton not less.  TBD...

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He played in this same exact scheme in college.

And committed 0 penalties throughout his entire NCAA career. 

He's going to FLOURISH within a zone blocking scheme (just as he did @ Louisville with 0 committed penalties).

And since you believe he's a 1 hit wonder this is where I say Wirfs was made by TOM BRADY.

Just now, DetroitRed said:

Lawson beat  a guy who is known as the best LT in football multiple times today.  I wonder if the Packers should cut him?  Or maybe just settle down and let the line develop some chemistry 

Bingo. 

Today was two hand touch. 

Let's jump off a highway 77 bridge because of it ?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

We are also screwed if Wilson is bad, if Saleh can't coach, if Quinnen regresses, if the entire team gets food poisoning before week 1. Let's start a new thread about things we should worry about IF they happen this year. 

You are worrying about meaningless two hand touch practices. There is no reason to believe he has regressed. I have my worries about this team, Becton is not one. 

I’m worried about his college tape that said he was a bad fit at LT due to his lack of fundamentals.  I’m worried that he, seemingly, regressed from what he was doing around the same time last year.  I’m worried that he’s going to get our new QB landed on the IR.  Excuse me for giving a sh*t about all that I guess.  Practice, contrary to the memes, is not meaningless.  Especially now that pads are on.  He’s not getting beat like a drum because of any underlying reason.  He’s struggling.  Players who struggle in practice don’t typically get better when the bullets fly.

1 minute ago, DetroitRed said:

Lawson beat  a guy who is known as the best LT in football multiple times today.  I wonder if the Packers should cut him?  Or maybe just settle down and let the line develop some chemistry 

That guy is recovering from ACL injury. Don’t know who replaced him out there 

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Last season was last season.  If he proves me wrong, great.  If I’m right, and the tape in this years camp doesn’t lie, Zach Wilson will be on IR by week 8.

And there it is....all these constant posts about the issue is because boy is more concerned with being "right" on a message board, then the actual performance of the team.

If it turns out you're "right" I'll send you a cookie......feel better now?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He's going to FLOURISH within a zone blocking scheme (just as he did @ Louisville with 0 committed penalties).

And since you believe he's a 1 hit wonder this is where I say Wirfs was made by TOM BRADY.

What in the world do penalties have to do with anything?

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He ranked as the 3rd best Rookie Offensive Lineman in all of Football last year amongst all Rookie O-lineman (LT/LG/C/RG/RT combined).

He was absolutely DOMINANT.

He has pass protection issues. He had them at Louisville. He had them on occasion last year, and he's having them in camp. Teams have an off season of game tape to find and exploit weaknesses. He was a newbie last year. Everyone knows him now. Nobody questions him as a run blocker. He's a monster out there. If his issues as a pass blocker puts Wilson in the concussion protocol, then maybe you'll stop being such an unobservant cheerleader.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

And there it is....all these constant posts about the issue is because boy is more concerned with being "right" on a message board, then the actual performance of the team.

If it turns out you're "right" I'll send you a cookie......feel better now?

You think I give a f*ck about being right?  You think I prefer we “Joe Burrow” Zach Wilson?  You’re absolutely delusional.  Do me a solid.  Don’t respond to me any further.  I’ll do the same.

6 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You need to fact check yourself.  He committed no 'holding' penalties.

He had 14 penalties at Louisville, including offsides and a few others.

Still very good and disciplined, but not the hyperbolic claim you made (becoming a bad habit).

Read that again.  He had 14 penalties....which is <> 0.

Penalties aren't Becton's issue right now, anyway so I'm not sure why you bring it up.  His issue is he is getting beat on the edge.  Often.  

• Upvote 3

Anyone have any video footage or even pictures of Becton getting "destroyed" today? 

Or...

are you guys just buying stock into the same beat writing hacks who are paid $$$ to tweet and destroy kids while also claiming Denzel Mims was going to be released and Zach was going to STINK heading into NYG because of "practices"? 

51 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Becton gave up 4 sacks last year in 14 games playing in a worse offense. I rather he give up a fake sack in a scrimmage than get hurt. 

You guys need to relax. 

I'm with you on this one.  He got schooled by Myles Garrett (who doesn't?) and didn't play well against Ferrell and the Raiders, but he shut down Bosa, Hughes and a number of other good edge rushers.  Either he's hurt or he's just needs more time and more reps with the new system...

• Upvote 2

We are going to quickly see what kind of an OC we really have here and see if his system is pliable.

Take one of our TEs (none of whom can catch) and stick him next to the LT and give him help.  I don't care about the LT's feelings, nor do I care if we are short a TE receiver on any given play.

100% of the offense has to be set up to let the new Qb have a chance and he is going to get killed early or shot like Darnold was if the oline keeps playing like this.

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m worried about his college tape that said he was a bad fit at LT due to his lack of fundamentals.  I’m worried that he, seemingly, regressed from what he was doing around the same time last year.  I’m worried that he’s going to get our new QB landed on the IR.  Excuse me for giving a sh*t about all that I guess.  Practice, contrary to the memes, is not meaningless.  Especially now that pads are on.  He’s not getting beat like a drum because of any underlying reason.  He’s struggling.  Players who struggle in practice don’t typically get better when the bullets fly.

Really - Hmm I guess every star player is consistent in every practice , scrimmage and game from day 1 of their NFL careers. None ever struggle with new schemes , injuries and things that need to get ironed out in practices and the film room.  I guess we have a new way of grading talent , watch that first practice as it will ultimately predict the future .

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You think I give a f*ck about being right?  You think I prefer we “Joe Burrow” Zach Wilson?  You’re absolutely delusional.  Do me a solid.  Don’t respond to me any further.  I’ll do the same.

You do care, because in multiple posts in this thread alone you consistently mentioned your opinion of him coming out of college and that you didn't like the pick.

So now you rant on and on about him, hoping that last year's performance was a one hit wonder year, and that these practices are more in line with your opinion of him.  All because you'd rather be "right" than anything else.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I'm with you on this one.  He got schooled by Myles Garrett (who doesn't?) and didn't play well against Ferrell and the Raiders, but he shut down Bosa, Hughes and a number of other good edge rushers.  Either he's hurt or he's just needs more time and more reps with the new system...

And also dominated for 200+ rushing yards behind Highway 77. 

They won't tell you how we scored 28 points because of him either. 

They'll harp all over 2 Rookie mistakes while next to a CRAP LG and ignore his other 40 dominant snaps in both pass protection and run blocking. 

It's disgusting.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Larz said:

The packers beat writers said the same things. He was playing backups Saturday night.   

please refrain from manipulation and sensationalism.  I never said the sky is falling. 

I said it was weird and offered the foot injury or a back injury as the primary explanation.  

getting beaten cleanly at a clip of about 50% by multiple different rushers over 2 weeks day in and day out over and over is reason for concern. 

sorry this triggered you. 

I'm not triggered. I just thought it was funny you said Becton is possibly hooked on fentanyl and maybe has AIDs is all.

• Haha 1

There is another explanation 

what if he is in shape and healthy, but just can’t hack the new blocking scheme?

It requires more athletic types, no?

that in a way is worse, because he doesn’t seem to be improving at all. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Really - Hmm I guess every star player is consistent in every practice , scrimmage and game from day 1 of their NFL careers. None ever struggle with new schemes , injuries and things that need to get ironed out in practices and the film room.  I guess we have a new way of grading talent , watch that first practice as it will ultimately predict the future .

I already told you that he’s played in this scheme in college and you, promptly, ignored it.

Furthermore, yes, the great ones don’t typically struggle day in and day out of practice, nor is it Becton’s first year anymore.

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

You do care, because in multiple posts in this thread alone you consistently mentioned your opinion of him coming out of college and that you didn't like the pick.

So now you rant on and on about him, hoping that last year's performance was a one hit wonder year, and that these practices are more in line with your opinion of him.  All because you'd rather be "right" than anything else.

I also said that I happily rooted for him once the card was turned in and was happily wrong last year.  I was defending him against Lawson 2 weeks ago.  It’s gotten to the point where you can’t defend it anymore.  I don’t give a f*ck about being right.  I care about Zach Wilson not breaking his leg or tearing his ACL.

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

EzIBWsHXAAMkds_.jpeg.563a73115cbedf22b9078921246de656.jpeg

Just now, munchmemory said:

OVER SWELLING SUPER HERO MUSIC, THIS VOICE OVER:  "The Justice League of Becton Defenders!  Myopic, yet supremely vociferous.  Coming to a theater near you, as well as various streaming platforms, soon!"

jets-nyj.gif

Homerism is a very debilitating disorder.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He destroyed the Giants. 

And he had an absolutely DOMINANT Rookie season where Baldy raved about him every week and so did Jets fans. 

He also started 14 games and during the two games he missed + 2 games he left early he still played 70% of our Offensive snaps last year and was physically DOMINANT. 

• No Alijah Vera-Tucker. 

• No Elijah Moore. 

• No Quinnen Williams. 

Please stop acting as if GB beat our team at full health today. 

DWC with yet another brilliant SMACK DOWN of the HATERS and SISSYGIRLS

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

"9 throws". 

You do know that he ranked as the 3rd best Rookie O-lineman amongst all 47 O-lineman drafted at LT/LG/C/RG/RT, right? 

"9 throws". 

No one is denying he had a good rookie year.  Many simply will not bury our heads in the sand re: his offseason.

• Upvote 4