Carolina Fan: Your sloppy seconds...

I have a fear that Sam will have a career day against us because I am a miserable Jets fan with years of experience watching stuff like that happen to us on a yearly basis. I also think our defense is in shambles given that our two most promising edge rushers heading into the season are already done for the year. 

Having said that:

1) Sam has been a bottom 3 starter since he entered the league 

2) I thought we beat up the p*ssy getting as much as we got for him. 

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I have a fear that Sam will have a career day against us because I am a miserable Jets fan with years of experience watching stuff like that happen to us on a yearly basis. I also think our defense is in shambles given that our two most promising edge rushers heading into the season are already done for the year. 

Having said that:

1) Sam has been a bottom 3 starter since he's entered the league 

Can't be serious. Sam lost to a winless team. 

Twice.

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Fair point.  There was some debate here before the draft about keeping Darnold and drafting Pitts instead of trading Sam and drafting Wilson.  Nobody is debating that anymore.  

Personally I would have gone Fields if I were CAR, but having said that, I do appreciate the draft picks your guys sent over.

The debates over. No conclusions can be drawn. Both teams haven t played a game yet.

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Darnold has a fair amount of natural ability and athleticism. He will show flashes and show promise. He was in a bad situation here and with Joe Brady and the Carolina weapons I think he'll have statistically his strongest season with you guys.

That said, having watched every Darnold NFL start:

1) He's a bad decision maker and will always turn the ball over at a higher rate than is sustainable.

2) There's nothing comfortable and fluid about him. He's just kind of wonky in his mechanics and footwork.

3) He doesn't make the easy, consistent throws you routinely need to make, even if he's capable of making a big throw here or there.

4) I would be extremely surprised if you guys weren't in the market for a new starter in 2022.

^This says it all rather accurately.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, genot said:

The debates over. No conclusions can be drawn. Both teams haven t played a game yet.

I disagree.  Every conclusion has been drawn.  

At this point, knowing what we know now about Wilson, not a single rational Jets fan would trade him and CAR's 2022 2nd rounder right now for Darnold and Pitts.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, nycdan said:

I disagree.  Every conclusion has been drawn.  

At this point, knowing what we know now about Wilson, not a single rational Jets fan would trade him and CAR's 2022 2nd rounder right now for Darnold and Pitts.  

We know nothing about Wilson we didn't know 3 months ago. He's got a great arm, quick release, and is accurate when he has time. 

He is not a natural at the position. Footwork is all over the place, doesnt read the field well, slow to get the ball out, easily flustered. He does have relatively good athleticism but not exceptional like a Josh Allen, the only thing exceptional about him is having fans make excuses for his performance. He can make a few wow plays in both good and bad directions, ala throwing a pick into triple coverage or breaking a 50 yard td run.

I would expect 15+ turnovers if he stays healthy all year. Which is also no guarantee. 

I would be very surprised to see him succeed in Carolina to the point where they arent looking to upgrade again in a year or two.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CpSinceDay1 said:

Hello, I'm a regular off the Huddle. Right now, there's a topic of y'all trashing Darnold. Surely it's because we play each other in week 1. But I was curious to know, would Jets fans be more afraid of PJ Walker than Sam Darnold???

See, I'm pulling for PJ to take over as QB1 by end of the season, hopefully after 4 games, I never believed in S.A.M. and I belvieve the Jets finessed us out of a 2nd round, but most importantly, we passed on Fields for Darnold...

And based off the rookie preseason debuts, does Wilson give y'all more hope than Darnold did?

Does Darnold really have a learning disability, or was Gase really that bad???

Oyea...only chance of y'all winning is Darnold...other than that have a nice day#keeppounding

Hello, nice to meet you, welcome to the board.

Sam Darnold is a boogie boarder.  Not sure if you know that our not but it's a fact.  Some how the scouts didnt sniff this out in the process but it explains everything.  Therefore, PJ has a very good opportunity to win that job because Sam Darnold is total bonehead.

That said, it was written in stone the day this game was scheduled that the Panthers are going to route the Jets led by a 300 yard/3 TD game from Sam and Robby will contribute to half those yards and at least 1, probably 2 of those TD's because Jets.

• Haha 4

1. I fear Darnold more than Walker because revenge game. 

2. Wilson has done very well so far in preseason and shown a lot that can carry over to successful regular season, but I'm not gonna anoint him yet. Gonna let him just do his thing and then make judgements from there.

3. Gase was definitely a handicap on Darnold. Terrible schemer and adapter. However I noticed Darnold did have a self correction issue at certain points. He had poor mechanics and made bad decisions that were independent of Gase/bad supporting cast. He was still bottom of the league when kept clean and had a variety issues with the fundamentals of the position. He's definitely a full on reclamation project, but can still succeed. However it may take time and patience, which is harder to ask for with a 4th year guy.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Having said that:

1) Sam has been a bottom 3 starter since he entered the league 

There is a good chance Sam has his best game of the year or maybe his career against us week 1. Our defense will be abysmal.

18 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Hello, nice to meet you, welcome to the board.

Sam Darnold is a boogie boarder.  Not sure if you know that our not but it's a fact.  Some how the scouts didnt sniff this out in the process but it explains everything.  Therefore, PJ has a very good opportunity to win that job because Sam Darnold is total bonehead.

That said, it was written in stone the day this game was scheduled that the Panthers are going to route the Jets led by a 300 yard/3 TD game from Sam and Robby will contribute to half those yards and at least 1, probably 2 of those TD's because Jets.

The boogie board thing actually does explain a ton. As I explained at the time: any 20 year old athlete from SoCal who doesn’t surf is a beta cuck. Not a leader of men. It’s like being from Vail and preferring tobagganing to skiing/snowboarding.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

Defense Wins Championships forgot to ask so as his number one fan I'll step in. 

Before posting again could you provide the following pieces of information:

• Your screen name on your Panthers message board
  • The amount of years you've been posting there
  • Two forms of I.D. such as a passport
  • A stool sample that's been sculpted into the facial image of your favorite Panthers player*

(* when submitting this, please overdub the video with a sample of 'Hello' by Lionel Richie)

i love you ily GIF by People of Earth TBS

• Haha 3

Just now, jgb said:

The boogie board thing actually does explain a ton. Anyone from SoCal who doesn’t surf is a beta cuck. Not a leader of men.

Yep.  100% legit.  I would have taken him off my board altogether if I were a GM and knew about this vicious character flaw. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

There are only 32 starting NFL QBs. 

Sam Darnold ranked 42nd in QB Rating last year. 

Meaning that 9 backup QBs were better than him last year.

The biggest problem that I had with Sam Darnold wasn't his on the field play. He was surrounded by F- crap for 3 years. 

My biggest problem was how instead of saying "no comment" he continued to praise and suck off Adam Gase during his each and every interview.  He let Adam Gase bring him down along with him in NY and Sam couldn't care less. 

He's a follower and not a leader because no leader supports ADAM GASE.  

Did I expect for Sam Darnold to attack Adam Gase like Jamal Adams did to the media? No. But his public display of Adam Gase support was disgusting

And he's dumber than a box of rocks too. Which is why he's only played 2 snaps during your Preseason; because he can't learn an NFL playbook.  

In closing he'll never be a natural QB. Because he grew up playing Linebacker throughout all of little league and went into HS as an LB too until being converted into an HS QB; by that time it was too late and you can tell just by the way he throws a Football.

USATSI_16231833.jpg.71d228c80375982ccbcc9c254e96f4f7.jpg1966906594_images(7).jpeg.8bd3df8e8ef309ea1f8a7d506e93fd94.jpegimage.thumb.jpg.a0d1564e6bda409c219b219ffe48c1fb.jpg

He looks mentally confused just trying to throw practice rep footballs. 

he looks like kenneth keith kallenbach

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

There is a good chance Sam has his best game of the year or maybe his career against us week 1. Our defense will be abysmal.

I realize I am a homer Jets fan, but I do not think our defense will be abysmal. I think it will give up yards but do OK on points. I also think or offense will score which makes the opposing offense more predictable.

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I realize I am a homer Jets fan, but I do not think our defense will be abysmal. I think it will give up yards but do OK on points. I also think or offense will score which makes the opposing offense more predictable.

If we don’t give up a ton of points it’ll only be because our offense can’t score and teams go run heavy in 2nd halves.

I hope our defense threatens to break records for points-allowed. It’ll mean our offense is scoring.

49 minutes ago, CpSinceDay1 said:

Where I'm from we give folks pie...wish I could ? everyone in this thread. Loved the responses...

So it seems to me, basically, to sum things up, if we lose week 1...

Would that makes us the Carolina Jets?

*Robbie n Sam*

giphy (11).gif

Feelings on the Anderson extension?

Had a good start to the year, but faded, and only ended up with 3 TDs.

This site was pretty mixed on letting him go.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CpSinceDay1 said:

Hello, I'm a regular off the Huddle. Right now, there's a topic of y'all trashing Darnold. Surely it's because we play each other in week 1. But I was curious to know, would Jets fans be more afraid of PJ Walker than Sam Darnold???

See, I'm pulling for PJ to take over as QB1 by end of the season, hopefully after 4 games, I never believed in S.A.M. and I belvieve the Jets finessed us out of a 2nd round, but most importantly, we passed on Fields for Darnold...

And based off the rookie preseason debuts, does Wilson give y'all more hope than Darnold did?

Does Darnold really have a learning disability, or was Gase really that bad???

Oyea...only chance of y'all winning is Darnold...other than that have a nice day#keeppounding

i pop on your forum every so often to see how you guys like Sam. i think you made a huge mistake not drafting a QB at 8th. i think if Sam does what Sam does it will cost the jobs of Rhule, Brady and Tepper.

why do you think Sam will be good? cause of Gase, the OL, the WRs??

you got a serious problem when your QB needs all-pros at all those positions. 

and whats up with the poo? you guys cant say the word sh*t? what is Zod a religious guy who doesnt like the word?

i hope so or you Carolina people talk funny.....

this is bull-poo

oh poo. Sam threw another interception

dont make me come there to beat the poo out of you....

LMFAO.....

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, CpSinceDay1 said:

Where I'm from we give folks pie...wish I could ? everyone in this thread. Loved the responses...

So it seems to me, basically, to sum things up, if we lose week 1...

Would that makes us the Carolina Jets?

*Robbie n Sam*

giphy (11).gif

Building a team from Jets castoffs is like going for the chess club’s sloppy seconds.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, doitny said:

i pop on your forum every so often to see how you guys like Sam. i think you made a huge mistake not drafting a QB at 8th. i think if Sam does what Sam does it will cost the jobs of Rhule, Brady and Tepper.

why do you think Sam will be good? cause of Gase, the OL, the WRs??

you got a serious problem when your QB needs all-pros at all those positions. 

and whats up with the poo? you guys cant say the word sh*t? what is Zod a religious guy who doesnt like the word?

i hope so or you Carolina people talk funny.....

this is bull-poo

oh poo. Sam threw another interception

dont make me come there to beat the poo out of you....

LMFAO.....

Trading for Sam was a forgivable sin. Picking up his 5th year option was an egregious unforced error. And I agree, it will cost jobs in Carolina.

• Upvote 3