Jets Cuts to 53

Lith

25 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

I'm going out on a limb with a saw ...

I think at RB, Adams stays and Perrine gets cut/IR'd.

At QB, Johnson stays and either White or The Captain walk the plank. 

Aboushy on the OL gets cut/injury settlement. Not that much of a surprise. Feeney gets a bus ticket as well.

Yeboah stays and one of the other TE's goes - Griffin, Brown or even Herndon - maybe he can get traded for a late rounder.

Marshall and Hamilcar get cut and hopefully get to the PS, Smart makes the 53, and Zuninga gets a bus ticket. I can't decide if Valoaga or Shepard (or both) get the axe. 

Montgomery is the next WR to go.

Too much confusion at the CB position for me to conjecture - other than Dunne going to the PS.

My 2 cents.

A lot of long shots on here...

-Adams over Perrine is unlikely

-Johnson might stick but White has looked pretty good. Why not keep Morgan as the 3rd stringer with White? Makes a lot more sense to me. 

-Aboushy? Did we just step into a time machine? Did you mean Edoga? I think Edoga makes the roster with the McDermott and Clark injuries. Feeney is the backup Center. I think he sticks as well. 

-You may be right about Marshall, Hamilcar and Zuniga getting cut but not to keep Smart. If those guys are getting cut so is Smart. I think Shepherd sticks. Valoaga goes. 

-Sure Montgomery is the next WR to go but the WR depth is pretty easy to predict if you ask me. We keep 6- Davis, Mims, Moore, Crowder, Cole, Berrios. 

Like you said CB is trickier. I think we keep 7: Hall, Bless, Echols, Hardee, Michael Carter II- these are all locks. The last two will most likely be Guidry and Pinnock. Campbell and Dunn get cut. Hopefully Dunn gets on PS. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Just shave your head hit the gym and turn out the lights tell her its the best you can do. 

No way I could even hope to approximate Coach Saleh's penchant for buffing my shaved head.  That's a gift.   Probably has a made-to-order, carnauba wax-based, polish to get the impressive skull glint.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bungaman said:

I'm going out on a limb with a saw ...

I think at RB, Adams stays and Perrine gets cut/IR'd.

At QB, Johnson stays and either White or The Captain walk the plank. 

Aboushy on the OL gets cut/injury settlement. Not that much of a surprise. Feeney gets a bus ticket as well.

Yeboah stays and one of the other TE's goes - Griffin, Brown or even Herndon - maybe he can get traded for a late rounder.

Marshall and Hamilcar get cut and hopefully get to the PS, Smart makes the 53, and Zuninga gets a bus ticket. I can't decide if Valoaga or Shepard (or both) get the axe. 

Montgomery is the next WR to go.

Too much confusion at the CB position for me to conjecture - other than Dunne going to the PS.

My 2 cents.

Aboushy?  LOL.   I think you meant Edoga.  You know, Oday is still in the league.  He is on the Chargers.  Marco Cavka is retired lol.

Defensive line cuts are going to be tough.  Fortunately, several of them will need to go on recallable injured reserve due to their coming down with that severe hangnail.   

12 minutes ago, PepPep said:

A lot of long shots on here...

-Adams over Perrine is unlikely

-Johnson might stick but White has looked pretty good. Why not keep Morgan as the 3rd stringer with White? Makes a lot more sense to me. 

-Aboushy? Did we just step into a time machine? Did you mean Edoga? I think Edoga makes the roster with the McDermott and Clark injuries. Feeney is the backup Center. I think he sticks as well. 

-You may be right about Marshall, Hamilcar and Zuniga getting cut but not to keep Smart. If those guys are getting cut so is Smart. I think Shepherd sticks. Valoaga goes. 

-Sure Montgomery is the next WR to go but the WR depth is pretty easy to predict if you ask me. We keep 6- Davis, Mims, Moore, Crowder, Cole, Berrios. 

Like you said CB is trickier. I think we keep 7: Hall, Bless, Echols, Hardee, Michael Carter II- these are all locks. The last two will most likely be Guidry and Pinnock. Campbell and Dunn get cut. Hopefully Dunn gets on PS. 

Yeah, Adams is fun to watch.  Who is not impressed when one man storms the castle like Crocodile Dundee.  But in the NFL it is all about making them miss. 

I am with you on White.  Nobody is going to pick up Johnson.  He probably will not sign with anyone unless they offer a roster spot.  I bet he has already moved in and we have an oral agreement with him.  If we lose White, then he is gone.  Based on the pre-season, I know which one I would miss.  Until the protection collapsed, White was making good decisions and showing command.  We were moving the ball.  Until the final game, I did not see much from Morgan except the occasional uncorked ball. 

Aboushy.  heh.

It is hard to decide at DL.  Hamilcar looked like he had a shot - he was flying around on special teams - that's how it is done fellas.  But the Shaq Lawson trade fills that spot. 

I keep five WRs and everybody knows who they are.  Cutting Berrios and the Smiths sucks.  But we are stacked.

Guidry is not getting cut.  He is the starting nickel back.  They have not announced it.  But they do not have to.  He had a such a strong camp, he was never seriously challenged by either Echols or MC2.  Echols - I believe - was threatening to take Austin's job.  It will be truly interesting to see what we do.  Personally, based on playing time.  I doubt that Pinnock makes the team over Dunn.  Yes, Dunn had a really bad game last week.  And it was really bad timing.  But he was running ahead of MC2 and Pinnock during camp.  I doubt the Jets will toss away the good film over a few plays just because they were on TV.  Pinnock was not getting snaps until Echols got hurt. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

Aboushy?  LOL.   I think you meant Edoga.  You know, Oday is still in the league.  He is on the Chargers.  Marco Cavka is retired lol.

Defensive line cuts are going to be tough.  Fortunately, several of them will need to go on recallable injured reserve due to their coming down with that severe hangnail.   

Yeah, Adams is fun to watch.  Who is not impressed when one man storms the castle like Crocodile Dundee.  But in the NFL it is all about making them miss. 

I am with you on White.  Nobody is going to pick up Johnson.  He probably will not sign with anyone unless they offer a roster spot.  I bet he has already moved in and we have an oral agreement with him.  If we lose White, then he is gone.  Based on the pre-season, I know which one I would miss.  Until the protection collapsed, White was making good decisions and showing command.  We were moving the ball.  Until the final game, I did not see much from Morgan except the occasional uncorked ball. 

Aboushy.  heh.

It is hard to decide at DL.  Hamilcar looked like he had a shot - he was flying around on special teams - that's how it is done fellas.  But the Shaq Lawson trade fills that spot. 

I keep five WRs and everybody knows who they are.  Cutting Berrios and the Smiths sucks.  But we are stacked.

Guidry is not getting cut.  He is the starting nickel back.  They have not announced it.  But they do not have to.  He had a such a strong camp, he was never seriously challenged by either Echols or MC2.  Echols - I believe - was threatening to take Austin's job.  It will be truly interesting to see what we do.  Personally, based on playing time.  I doubt that Pinnock makes the team over Dunn.  Yes, Dunn had a really bad game last week.  And it was really bad timing.  But he was running ahead of MC2 and Pinnock during camp.  I doubt the Jets will toss away the good film over a few plays just because they were on TV.  Pinnock was not getting snaps until Echols got hurt. 

IIRC, Pinnock was hurt for much of camp.  Dinged at least.  I was looking forward to seeing Pinnock, but he didn't impress me much.  He did seem to offer something in run support which is more than I can seem for most of the D.  

7 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

I doubt that Pinnock makes the team over Dunn.  Yes, Dunn had a really bad game last week.  And it was really bad timing.  But he was running ahead of MC2 and Pinnock during camp.  I doubt the Jets will toss away the good film over a few plays just because they were on TV.  Pinnock was not getting snaps until Echols got hurt. 

I would agree except Pinnock was a 5th Rd. pick and Dunn was an UDFA. The Jets drafted him knowing he was raw and I just don't see them risking losing him on the waiver wire so he could land on PS. It's not like Pinnock has looked particularly bad at any time this offseason, its not like Dunn has looked sensational. Just a gut feeling they would rather take a chance losing Dunn than Pinnock.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, y2k8 said:

They may have cut him today to give him a better chance to stick somewhere else. I'd like to believe Salah is the kind of guy that would do that. 

I believe they have to clear waivers prior to being placed on PS so they wouldn’t practice until that’s done. I’m not sure if the extra day matters much because all cuts are due tomorrow. 

13 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Just ordered my wife a Martha Stewart mask, and asked her to make me a nice lunch. 

Will report back. 

its-a-good-thing.jpg

In her day, Martha was definitely hot.  Annoying to the point where you'd leap out a 10 story building to escape her post-coital deluge of words/advice/recommendations.  But hot nonetheless.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

FWIW up until about the JV level in high school, football is actually safer than soccer. You are wearing armor and until you are facing grown athletic men they don't have the power to really cause injury.

you obviously never played hempstead

5 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

Aboushy.  heh.

5 receivers? I think they keep 7. To me it's all about Zach and with Crowder leaving keeping 5, all you need is one injury to ruin any depth you have. 

Guidry is a stone cold lock. Saleh has already said so, so thanks for pointing that out. People seem to ignore Guidry.

Practice squad has a verteran option so I think the Jets keep White or Morgan on 53 and then sign Johnson to the veteran PS, I am maybe a little higher on Morgan than many here

Just now, Doggin94it said:

Of course the "Jets Cuts to 53" has you degenerates rhapsodizing about what Martha Stewart might be like after sex or imagining Snoop pulling a Robby on her. Of course it does.

I love this website

That's what makes this place so special.  Like with Robby, you never see what's coming next.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

5 receivers? I think they keep 7. To me it's all about Zach and with Crowder leaving keeping 5, all you need is one injury to ruin any depth you have. 

Guidry is a stone cold lock. Saleh has already said so, so thanks for pointing that out. People seem to ignore Guidry.

Practice squad has a verteran option so I think the Jets keep White or Morgan on 53 and then sign Johnson to the veteran PS, I am maybe a little higher on Morgan than many here

I like Morgan a bunch too. Take him all day, everyday over White. Morgan has thrown 25 passes in his career. The Jets know his potential, no way they get rid of him.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

5 receivers? I think they keep 7.

Its certainly a numbers game. The depth is there to keep 7 WRs but remember that pulls away a roster spot from another position. So do we keep less O-linemen? Less RBs? Less TEs/FB? 2 QBs instead of 3? 

Or do we pull away from the Defense??? I don't see that happening for a 7th receiver. 

I would say they keep 6 WRs. And as I have said already I think those guys are all but set in stone- Davis, Moore, Mims, Cole, Crowder, Berrios...

• Upvote 1