It’s Panthers Week

kevinc855

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

Jets 13

Panthers 27

it’s going to be a long miserable season. I’m just hoping there’s no injuries and the rookies improve as well as coaching throughout the year so there is hope for the future. 

Dang talk about a buzz kill post?

Any insight into your score breakdown?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3

22 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This is an 8-win team and the Panthers are one of the games that’s winnable.  

If Douglas, Saleh, and Wilson truly are generational as we’ve been promised, it will show in Week 1.  

SAR I

And if it doesn’t fire them by week 2!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Jets 13

Panthers 27

it’s going to be a long miserable season. I’m just hoping there’s no injuries and the rookies improve as well as coaching throughout the year so there is hope for the future. 

Where were you last night for the ND Game? Check the thread for you couple times. 

I expect the shackles to come off Wilson this week.  The one constant about Wilson is that he delivers a catchable ball anywhere on the field necessary.

And he can do it in the pocket, on a designed rollout, or when a play breaks down.

If you look at his stats from college his completion percentage at 20+ yards was 71.4%.  And that was without a bunch of NFL level high quality receivers.

I’m sure we will have a lot of growing pains, but there will also be more moments pure of exhilaration than many are anticipating.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, OceanPanther said:

Good morning Jets Fans,  from the Carolina Coast..  

We've all been waiting soooo long for the season to begin.  

I think it'll be a high scoring game.  I hope we get pressure on Wilson early so he doesn't get into a smooth rythem .

Stay healthy my friends.

Panthers 31,  Jets  17

Welcome to the board. I’m hoping Sam helps us out a bit. Good luck and I hope both teams finish healthy. 

186E7F5C-186D-4807-9B35-B46C7E704006.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/6/2021 at 9:01 AM, OceanPanther said:

Good morning Jets Fans,  from the Carolina Coast..  

We've all been waiting soooo long for the season to begin.  

I think it'll be a high scoring game.  I hope we get pressure on Wilson early so he doesn't get into a smooth rythem .

Stay healthy my friends.

Panthers 31,  Jets  17

Shut up Troll!

Nah, I'm just kidding. Good luck. 

LOL at the downvotes.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Pressure on Sam Darnold is the key to victory. We know he gets happy feet back there. If we don’t apply any pressure with our front 4, he’ll be able to sit back there and play well vs our young secondary. Panthers weakness on offense is probably the offensive line. They have playmakers all over the field. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

This is an 8-win team and the Panthers are one of the games that’s winnable.  

If Douglas, Saleh, and Wilson truly are generational as we’ve been promised, it will show in Week 1.  

SAR I

I remember when Darnold destroyed the lions in his first game (after an initial interception) and my hopes were so high. Now I can’t even enjoy it if we win it!!!

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Pressure on Sam Darnold is the key to victory. We know he gets happy feet back there. If we don’t apply any pressure with our front 4, he’ll be able to sit back there and play well vs our young secondary. Panthers weakness on offense is probably the offensive line. They have playmakers all over the field. 

Maybe Carl Lawson can wear a ghost costume and make scary noises around Sam on the sidelines. 

Very winnable game.

Hopefully the interior can get some pressure on Sam as it would unsettle him with happy feet for the rest of the game.

I’d be shocked if Robby doesn’t beat us deep at least once. Rhule uses him in much more ways than the Jets did but with Echols/Dunn he should be able to isolate and smoke one of them.

I think Elijah Moore might go off. A lot of the focus on Davis after the preseason but we’ll be desperate to get Moore the ball and see what he can do. 

Need a lot of defensive players to over perform, especially the rookie LB’s, they looked awful against Philly.

I think it will be close. 27-24 either way. I’ll be pretty pissed if we’re just blown away. We need to start competing. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Very winnable game.

Hopefully the interior can get some pressure on Sam as it would unsettle him with happy feet for the rest of the game.

I’d be shocked if Robby doesn’t beat us deep at least once. Rhule uses him in much more ways than the Jets did but with Echols/Dunn he should be able to isolate and smoke one of them.

I think Elijah Moore might go off. A lot of the focus on Davis after the preseason but we’ll be desperate to get Moore the ball and see what he can do. 

Need a lot of defensive players to over perform, especially the rookie LB’s, they looked awful against Philly.

I think it will be close. 27-24 either way. I’ll be pretty pissed if we’re just blown away. We need to start competing. 

My hope is that the scheme and defensive game planning shines through. Pre-season is by design very vanilla. It’s no surprise our defensive isn’t very good matching up with any team based on talent alone. They are very young and minus the D line just honestly not that good. The scheme and their ability to execute it to the best of their ability will be the saving grace. Not sure how it will turn out but I’m somewhat confident the coaching staff will have them as prepared and coached up as possible. It will be up to them to do it the way they’ve been coached. Hopefully we see adjustments as the game go’s on. 

• Upvote 2

Our secondary is weak to say the least and while Sam may not be great, he will likely pick them apart. I am hopeful about our coaching staff, but there some 23 players on this team who have only been through one real off-season, 12 are rookies. I would expect we will not see quality play especially on defense until at least halfway through the season.

At least we should have some excitement out of our offense. Not a lot of wins, but hopefully more fun that last year - yes, I know a very low bar.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Our secondary is weak to say the least and while Sam may not be great, he will likely pick them apart. I am hopeful about our coaching staff, but there some 23 players on this team who have only been through one real off-season, 12 are rookies. I would expect we will not see quality play especially on defense until at least halfway through the season.

At least we should have some excitement out of our offense. Not a lot of wins, but hopefully more fun that last year - yes, I know a very low bar.

If Sam Darnold can “pick us apart” we are in for a long season. Hoping Saleh schemes are helpful to the young secondary

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Uh I think we already banned DWC dude. 

If Joe Douglas is a generational GM, his 2 years of drafting and 2.5 years of free agenting should show fruit.  Wilson, Mims, Elijah, the other Alijah, Carter, the other Carter, Perine, Becton, Davis, Cole, Moses, we should see it right now.

If Robert Saleh is a generational HC, his impact should be immediate.  No different than Parcells, Edwards, Mangini, Ryan, or Bowles who all had winning seasons in their first year.

If Zach Wilson is a generational QB, we should see it right away.  Sure there will be hiccups, but the guy is being compared to Marino and Rodgers and he has a ton of weapons and a serviceable line, something Geno Smith, Bryce Petty, and Sam Darnold never had.

The Jets have been in an announced, deep rebuild since 2017.  We've been through Suck For Sam, we've gotten rid of expensive guys, we've drafted with tons of assets, we'd have a ton of free agent money to spend.  In our broken, awful state we've averaged 5 wins a season in the 5 years of the rebuild.  Getting to 8 should not be a challenge for this team.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 3