It’s Panthers Week

kevinc855

14 hours ago, doitny said:

thanks for the link. its links like that that make me want to see Sam crash and burn. 

we get no respect around the league. were a punchline to the fans. that is why anyone traded has to be bad. we cant be the " same old Jets" and trade away players who turn out to be good. 

every Jet fan who wants Sam to have a good season ( but not this week, they say ) should look at the jokes at our teams expense. 

i would post that in the Jets locker room if i could.

Anyone wishing well for sam/the Panthers doesn’t realize we have aN early round draft pick tied their record. 

as for this game, I really don’t expect them to do too much with Wilson. I expect a lot of Ty Johnson, Coleman and Carter

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, Bay Ridge Jet said:

Anyone wishing well for sam/the Panthers doesn’t realize we have aN early round draft pick tied their record. 

as for this game, I really don’t expect them to do too much with Wilson. I expect a lot of Ty Johnson, Coleman and Carter

Opposite. I actually expect to see him whipping it around 

• Upvote 2

On 9/6/2021 at 7:11 AM, SAR I said:

If Douglas, Saleh, and Wilson truly are generational as we’ve been promised, it will show in Week 1.  

Nobody has promised this.  Just you and your schtick hoping it doesnt show so you can go back into your lame Gase defense.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bay Ridge Jet said:

dont know if you are new here or took some time off but we argue that point all summer.

the Sam fans don't care about the draft pick. weather its 12 or 15. they dont care if JD and Saleh take hits for trading a QB who turns out to be good. 

they like Sam and think hes a good guy so they want to see him do good.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

I think Saleh will rotate backs and go with the hot hand.  Starting is a nominal designation at best.

Gotta say, part of me is rooting for Josh Adams to keep putting up 5+ YPC and get more time.  Every time Saleh talked about the RBs and mentioned Coleman, Perine, Johnson and Carter by name, he would neglect to mention Adams.  Not sure if it was intentional or not, but I felt for the kid.  I would imagine he's highly motivated to change that.

me too. 

i hope Adams has a really good game. and if Perine struggles which he has not impressed me what happens when Crowder comes back in week 2. cause that was the roster spot Adams took right? they better not send Adams back to PS over Perine.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't think the website is the actual depth chart.

I wasn’t referring to the website. It was a tweet from roto that I was too lazy to C&P at the time:

Tevin Coleman is listed as the RB1 on the Jets Week 1 depth chart. 

Coleman's familiarity with the team's new offense proved insurmountable for Ty Johnson and rookie Michael Carter, leaving Coleman as the default RB1 headed into New York's Week 1 matchup against Carolina. ESPN's Rich Cimini said in June that Coleman has the most straightaway speed" of any New York back, appearing to be "shot out of cannon" once he's made his cut in the famed Shanahan rushing attack. No one's idea of an exciting fantasy option, Coleman should be considered in some deeper fantasy formats against the Panthers. Ty Johnson would likely be next in the pecking order if Carter's concerning preseason usage is any indication. NBC Sports Edge's John Daigle recommendedJohnson and Coleman as waiver wire adds this week. 

RELATED: 
Sep 7, 2021, 11:26 AM ET
  •  

13 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

I wasn’t referring to the website. It was a tweet from roto that I was too lazy to C&P at the time:

Tevin Coleman is listed as the RB1 on the Jets Week 1 depth chart. 

Coleman's familiarity with the team's new offense proved insurmountable for Ty Johnson and rookie Michael Carter, leaving Coleman as the default RB1 headed into New York's Week 1 matchup against Carolina. ESPN's Rich Cimini said in June that Coleman has the most straightaway speed" of any New York back, appearing to be "shot out of cannon" once he's made his cut in the famed Shanahan rushing attack. No one's idea of an exciting fantasy option, Coleman should be considered in some deeper fantasy formats against the Panthers. Ty Johnson would likely be next in the pecking order if Carter's concerning preseason usage is any indication. NBC Sports Edge's John Daigle recommendedJohnson and Coleman as waiver wire adds this week. 

RELATED: 
Sep 7, 2021, 11:26 AM ET
  •  

Rotoworld is probably referring to the website though.

8 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Tevin Coleman to get the start. 
listed as RB1 for Carolina game 

No surprise there.  I expected this the moment he was signed.  Saleh wants a guy he knows and trusts and, most importantly, is the best pass blocker back there as much as possible in the early going with a rookie QB under center.  But his hold on the RB1 job will be tenuous at best.  

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, nycdan said:

I think Saleh will rotate backs and go with the hot hand.  Starting is a nominal designation at best.

Gotta say, part of me is rooting for Josh Adams to keep putting up 5+ YPC and get more time.  Every time Saleh talked about the RBs and mentioned Coleman, Perine, Johnson and Carter by name, he would neglect to mention Adams.  Not sure if it was intentional or not, but I felt for the kid.  I would imagine he's highly motivated to change that.

Ty Johnson is our best back 

Cream will eventually rise to the top

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, doitny said:

me too. 

i hope Adams has a really good game. and if Perine struggles which he has not impressed me what happens when Crowder comes back in week 2. cause that was the roster spot Adams took right? they better not send Adams back to PS over Perine.

Adams will not see a snap in week 1. They're not using 4 RB's.

9 hours ago, doitny said:

dont know if you are new here or took some time off but we argue that point all summer.

the Sam fans don't care about the draft pick. weather its 12 or 15. they dont care if JD and Saleh take hits for trading a QB who turns out to be good. 

they like Sam and think hes a good guy so they want to see him do good.

Took a break during summer. Imagined there was a ton of posts on it. Pre draft I couldn’t believe the amount of posters who wanted to go with Pitts/Sewell. If you wanted a non Wilson QB at least you had a valid argument. 

Seems like a good guy and have 0 ill will towards him. Can’t imagine cheering for him to make the jets look foolish. 

• Post of the Week 1

17 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I kind of expect this too.. Carolina's defense isn't good anymore and they're gonna expect a rookie to be limited. They will want to stop the run early so come out guns blazing. 

That’s why first  play of game play action deep ball for the score! Book it!!!

• Sympathy 2

Hard to really predict things with so little to go on (eg new system, coaches, qb etc).  It seems people are very confident in our O putting up lots of points, but I just don't see it.

We had the worst offense in the league last year, and other than rookies (unproven and usually net negatives) our big FA hits were Corey Davis and Moses.  Moses replaces  a decent player, so while its an upgrade, its not a huge upgrade.  So the big proven change is really Corey Davis, who is a strong number 2 WR who is borderline number 1.  That's clearly a big upgrade over the trash we had.

But I see question marks all over the interior of our OL, at RB, at TE and yea, do we really have a true number 1 WR at some point?  How long is it going to take to adapt to Saleh's system?  What about our Depth? 

I hope i'm wrong, but I don't see a big scoring game out of the O.  I have much more faith in our D, which has several proven elements.  Yea our pass D is going to be god awful, but Sam isn't the one who is going to really hurt us.  So I think we match up pretty well against Carolina.

On 9/7/2021 at 11:15 AM, Bay Ridge Jet said:

We also have one tied to our record.

30 minutes ago, Hael said:

Hard to really predict things with so little to go on (eg new system, coaches, qb etc).  It seems people are very confident in our O putting up lots of points, but I just don't see it.

We had the worst offense in the league last year, and other than rookies (unproven and usually net negatives) our big FA hits were Corey Davis and Moses.  Moses replaces  a decent player, so while its an upgrade, its not a huge upgrade.  So the big proven change is really Corey Davis, who is a strong number 2 WR who is borderline number 1.  That's clearly a big upgrade over the trash we had.

But I see question marks all over the interior of our OL, at RB, at TE and yea, do we really have a true number 1 WR at some point?  How long is it going to take to adapt to Saleh's system?  What about our Depth? 

I hope i'm wrong, but I don't see a big scoring game out of the O.  I have much more faith in our D, which has several proven elements.  Yea our pass D is going to be god awful, but Sam isn't the one who is going to really hurt us.  So I think we match up pretty well against Carolina.

All of the concerns you listed are legit, but I wouldn't worry too much about the bold.  This system doesn't really require a WR1.  Just a lot of talented WR2 and slot types, which we have plenty of this season.  Sure, it would be nice if we had a true WR1, and hopefully Davis becomes that.

After next offseason when we draft a TE high, this offense is going to be awesome.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

47 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Seriously?   We're going to go young at every position but RB?  wtf  lol

You want your best pass blocker back there with a rookie QB.  I fully expected this and don't mind it for the first couple weeks.  Especially since "RB1" isn't really a thing in this system with how many RB's tend to get used.  Coleman can be the RB1 on the depth chart and still play less than 50 % of the snaps.  Just depends on the gameflow, who the hot hand is, and who Saleh trusts most as a pass blocker after Coleman.

If Coleman is still the RB1 and also getting the lion share of the snaps by Week 4 or so, then I'll be unhappy.