MAJOR red flags on Zach Wilson

KO91

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

lol you're making comparisons strictly by numbers. That's awesome. lololol

Yes I'm comparing there numbers thru 3 games. And strictly by the numbers geno Smith outperformed zach wilson. 

Sorry if that upsets you.  How else would u like me to compare them? 

At the end of the year wilson will have a stat line. Am I not allowed to compare ZW rookie stats to geno smith's rookie stats?

Geno threw 21 ints as a rookie. wilson is on pace for 40 lol.

3 hours ago, Barton said:

Thats what can happen you face a jail break on every drop back in your 1st career start. He already has PTSD. 

Jets coaching staff/front office are the real problem here. This kid shouldnt have been starting week 1. 

And he shouldnt start another game until next year. Even Mahomes SAT a year behing Alex Smith. Rodgers sat 3 behind Farve. Are Saleh and LePuke stupid or someting? 

Just now, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Yes I'm comparing there numbers thru 3 games. And strictly by the numbers geno Smith outperformed zach wilson. 

Sorry if that upsets you.  How else would u like me to compare them? 

At the end of the year wilson will have a stat line. Am I not allowed to compare ZW rookie stats to geno smith's rookie stats?

Geno threw 21 ints as a rookie. wilson is on pace for 40 lol.

LOL that you think the numbers alone tell the whole story. LOL that you think three games is a good sample size LOL that you are now extrapolating numbers for a full season from three games LOL that you're now asking if you're allowed to compare a whole season of them and changing the argument

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I think maybe not going one OL per year on oline upgrades would be cool. 

if you’re talking about in season upgrades, I think you sit Zach until after the bye and try again. Drill his mechanics and force him to make quicker decisions. 

He has 1.7 seconds to make decisions before he gets slammed.  The NFL average is 2.5 seconds.

just exactly how quickly do you want him to throw the ball?  How much of the play do you expect to develop in that amount of time?  Are you willing to accept the number of picks that will happen because he has to guess if his receivers will get separation before the play has really even begun to develop?

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Blue Print said:

He has 1.7 seconds to make decisions before he gets slammed.  The NFL average is 2.5 seconds.

just exactly how quickly do you want him to throw the ball?  How much of the play do you expect to develop in that amount of time?  Are you willing to accept the number of picks that will happen because he has to guess if his receivers will get separation before the play has really even begun to develop?

All around the league, you see WR's running open making easy catches.  But not the Jets.  Our WR's are blanketed.  Is it that our WR"s are awful?  Is it that our OC has lousy play design?  Both?

SAR I

Just now, Mike135 said:

At least the Jets offense was so good they could all take preseason week 3 off.

+1

I could not believe that Saleh rested everyone when he knew we had so many problems.  He's not blameless here.  He's made some bad decisions, he told the media that winning isn't important, he apparently was a player-picker partner in the draft room, and his 'no brakes' slogan is utterly tone deaf.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Just now, SAR I said:

+1

I could not believe that Saleh rested everyone when he knew we had so many problems.  He's not blameless here.  He's made some bad decisions, he told the media that winning isn't important, he apparently was a player-picker partner in the draft room, and his 'no brakes' slogan is utterly tone deaf.

SAR I

That was because of the conditions of the field after the storm.  Stop reaching.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

All around the league, you see WR's running open making easy catches.  But not the Jets.  Our WR's are blanketed.  Is it that our WR"s are awful?  Is it that our OC has lousy play design?  Both?

SAR I

mostly I think it’s because the protection breaks down so quickly no play can actually develop.

If the ball has to be out in 1.7 seconds a 4.2 forty time player will get no more than 10 yards or so down field (got to allow for acceleration and this assumes no contact).  You’re not much past the LBs at that point.  How much separation can you realistically get so quickly?

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

That was because of the conditions of the field after the storm.  Stop reaching.

That's exactly the point.  Field conditions be damned.  Knowing what we know now-  and what he must have been smart enough to figure out-  is that his players needed the work and he should have given them playing time and accepted the low risk of injury.

Saleh was extremely cavalier with the playing time for the starters all preseason and it surely isn't doing us any favors now.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

That's exactly the point.  Field conditions be damned.  Knowing what we know now-  and what he must have been smart enough to figure out-  is that his players needed the work and he should have given them playing time and accepted the low risk of injury.

Saleh was extremely cavalier with the playing time for the starters all preseason and it surely isn't doing us any favors now.

SAR I

And if he would have played them and someone important blew an acl, u would have killed him for that.  Lets be honest here.  You can be critical of saleh but that was 100% the right call.  Even the eagles coach yanked his players too.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, KO91 said:

This isn’t on the OL, WR, or OC. It’s on Zach Wilson. He’s watching the pass rush instead of keeping his eyes downfield and getting the ball where it needs to go. He’s playing like Christian Hackenberg. 

The kid is a special kind of awful right now. He can’t even accurate throw a check down to the back. If this keeps up the Jets may have to move on after one season. 

[Checks gallows thread for KO91's name]

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

LOL that you think the numbers alone tell the whole story. LOL that you think three games is a good sample size LOL that you are now extrapolating numbers for a full season from three games LOL that you're now asking if you're allowed to compare a whole season of them and changing the argument

Too many lols.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Snell41 said:

You can’t polish a turd. Desperate teams unfortunately take desperate chances, and throwing a 2nd overall pick at a QB who was a one year wonder from a 2nd rate college facing 2nd rate teams is as desperate as it gets.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Exactly. The sensible move was keep Sam, trade down, draft Sewell or Slater and Tucker. Get DB help, all with help from the extra picks. Did you see them at his pro day? Like a group of smitten teenagers, not the seasoned professionals they are supposed to be. 

Then they throw him to the wolves with a poor offensive line, one of the worst teams in the NFL and without a veteran backup. Defies all logic. 

With perhaps the first pick what will they do when faced with the latest QB heart throb? 

10 hours ago, dbatesman said:

I’m not there because I think kids need to play through this stuff, but the offense is absolutely broken right now. I don’t even know where you start fixing it

"What do you think of your team's execution?"

"I'm all in favor of it"

:D 

10 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Wilson has sucked let's remember his all pro left tackle is out. Two of his better recievers are out( even with them our recievers kind of suck) and our best pass rusher is lost for the season. Pair that with the fact that we are one of the youngest teams on the league and you have a recipe for games that look like this. Instead of having a hissy fit we can look for positives. We are calling timeouts when the game is lost so our rookie QB can have exposure to high pressure plays. We are going for 4th down conversions.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

All pro left tackle? Are you delusional? 

7 hours ago, Pichula said:

the kid wasn’t perfect (obviously) he missed a few throws but please tell me where the open receivers are. I see a sieve of an OL and WR jogging their routes being completely blanketed. I also counted 8 drops. 

Headline is that the rest of the offense and the OC are failing wilson.  And where are the rollouts?  The guy has no time to throw, this guy throws well on the run, they can’t design some plays to take him out of the pocket?

No one likes being held scoreless in any profession. But in the Not For Long, we have to wait an entire week to get the bad taste out of our mouths. Plus being in the largest media city in the world everything gets magnified. In the middle of a slide, most people want to assign blame. Well the team already did that across the board. There are no moral victories, just lessons. We were told this was a process. It's a long season and we have to improve. We will. The real question here is how long will it take to turn this around? I don't know that answer but we can at least trust the process with the key word being process. We have been abused for so long by so much turnaround that we lose patience in a process. No one expects us to go far this year and it's only September.

It was disheartening to see that nothing improved from last game. Our O-Line is garbage. No time to set up and throw. I don't understand why the O coordinator did not design more roll-outs and use more of designed off platform throws. Mims not being on the active roster again is a travesty. Its true though that at this point who do you blame on the team? Its all not functioning. 3 games in and I cant see anything more than 3 wins this season. 

LL

I think we've learned from prior experience that starting a rookie Qb usually does not work well. You absorb losses and it can bring down the team. If the defense plays well they get worn out because the offensive can't move the ball. It's not just about the Qb and their development. There is a regular season going on now and you hope the goal is to win games. It takes a few years for a new Qb even a highly rated one to learn the position in the NFL. Only a few excel at the start. We are seeing our previous high ranked Qb playing well in his 4th season after getting his training with the Jets and we were the ones absorbing all of that inexperience and the Ls.  This team right now would play better with Josh Johnson. But the org has seemingly decided to throw out this season as a training ground for Wilson.  How many seasons can you toss out. How's about some wins. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Not exactly a ringing endorsement to get another job other than at a funny farm.

I couldn't care less what any of the ex-Jets head coaches do with their lives when they leave the team.

I worry deeply about their replacements the moment they start showing signs of being worse than the guy before.  And that time is quickly approaching.

SAR I