MAJOR red flags on Zach Wilson

KO91

Just now, T0mShane said:

Wilson was always going to require major development, along with time to mature physically and emotionally. Whoever made the call to make him the starter before he was even drafted should be fired. Saleh isn’t ready to be a head coach, LaFleur is 34 years old and has never called plays before, and Gregg Knapp died. Zack Wilson comes off the field and compares notes with Mike White, who should be working in the garden department at Home Depot. There needs to be an intervention ASAP before Saleh and Co destroy the kid.

I agree, but might be too late. 

Wilson was always going to require major development, along with time to mature physically and emotionally. Whoever made the call to make him the starter before he was even drafted should be fired. Saleh isn’t ready to be a head coach, LaFleur is 34 years old and has never called plays before, and Gregg Knapp died. Zack Wilson comes off the field and compares notes with Mike White, who should be working in the garden department at Home Depot. There needs to be an intervention ASAP before Saleh and Co destroy the kid.

Spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Wilson has sucked let's remember his all pro left tackle is out. Two of his better recievers are out( even with them our recievers kind of suck) and our best pass rusher is lost for the season. Pair that with the fact that we are one of the youngest teams on the league and you have a recipe for games that look like this. Instead of having a hissy fit we can look for positives. We are calling timeouts when the game is lost so our rookie QB can have exposure to high pressure plays. We are going for 4th down conversions.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

FTR, this was my argument for either trading for Watson or keeping Sam Darnold and waiting a year to see what shakes out with Watson, Rodgers, Cousins, etc. The Jets franchise is incapable to taking a rookie and turning them into winning QBs. They need to import one that’s already developed. Saleh may or may not be terrible, but he’s doing a truly awful job developing Wilson, and it’s going to end both of their careers. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Saul Goodman said:

Zach wasn’t a very good prospect. He shouldn’t have even been a 1st round pick. But, he’s not at fault for this mess. And I wouldn’t declare him a bust, way too soon. 

Yeah too soon to call him a bust but its infuriating that a lot of us saw this coming and JD was seemingly oblivious.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Wilson has sucked let's remember his all pro left tackle is out. Two of his better recievers are out( even with them our recievers kind of suck) and our best pass rusher is lost for the season. Pair that with the fact that we are one of the youngest teams on the league and you have a recipe for games that look like this. Instead of having a hissy fit we can look for positives. We are calling timeouts when the game is lost so our rookie QB can have exposure to high pressure plays. We are going for 4th down conversions.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

When was Becton named all pro?

• Haha 1

I still think we lack quality everywhere in offence.

The Guy that mentioned the dropped passes on the first page is spot on. Look at the Broncos and how well they did with their throws (when they weren’t killing us with the run) and it helps to have competent receivers.

The guy has a shot, but if he gets pummelled every week cause the O-Line can’t protect him, he will make mistakes and he will just stagnate. His confidence already looks shot.

I fully believe that Wilson is a good QB, but don’t think we’re anywhere near equipped to support the kid.

Why they never brought in a Vet QB, is anyone’s guess? Is that the GM? HC? LaFleur?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If he’s good enough to go second overall, he’s good enough to start week 1. That said, handing him the job with no competition was weird. I thought not signing a veteran QB was a miscalculation back in April, and now it looks like an unmitigated disaster.

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, KO91 said:

This isn’t on the OL, WR, or OC. It’s on Zach Wilson. He’s watching the pass rush instead of keeping his eyes downfield and getting the ball where it needs to go. He’s playing like Christian Hackenberg. 

The kid is a special kind of awful right now. He can’t even accurate throw a check down to the back. If this keeps up the Jets may have to move on after one season. 

Major red flags on poster @KO91. He plays QB in flag football.

49 minutes ago, KO91 said:

This isn’t on the OL, WR, or OC. It’s on Zach Wilson. He’s watching the pass rush instead of keeping his eyes downfield and getting the ball where it needs to go. He’s playing like Christian Hackenberg. 

The kid is a special kind of awful right now. He can’t even accurate throw a check down to the back. If this keeps up the Jets may have to move on after one season. 

When do we ban this version of bitoni or salehry. I’m sad about this crap too but this trolls are depressing as hell.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Well, I hate to break it to you then, but he's falling apart.

I’m more concerned about Corey Davis drops, Ty Johnson failures in pass protection, max protect plays that lead to instant pressure and no run game. He’s 3 games into his career, he hasn’t been good but 3 games doesn’t mean anything yet.

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

If he’s good enough to go second overall, he’s good enough to start week 1

I feel like this is just a cliche in Wilson’s case. He’s a skinny kid who played a poofy schedule at BYU and had one good statistical season. He was drafted for his potential, now for what he could give you now. At the least, they should have made him beat someone out for the job. It won’t be too long now until the rest of the team starts turning on Wilson and Saleh simply due to the appearance that the kid was gifted the job when he clearly wasn’t ready for it. 

• Upvote 2