Joe Douglas is a failure

FlagmanL11

20 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I’ve been a Douglas booster because he’s done a lot of process stuff I like. That said, the team was horrific last year. Unwatchable offense, inconsistent defense, stupid mistakes, etc. So we blow out the coaching staff and turn over half the roster, and this year’s team looks exactly the same. Not good.

it actually looks objectively worse.

• Upvote 2

So far all I see are guys that can't get on the field, or guys that can't stay on the field

Zach still may be the man ... but id sit his ass until the OLine proves they can play.

Van Roten needs to wstch his mouth.

Next year ... use every pick on the OLine. And evety free agent dollar.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Mike Greenberg just told Rex Ryan he hopes he's coaching the Jets again. Lol...Next he said, "there were moments watching this game yesterday that I spoke aloud words that I thought were impossible in my home and they were, 'boy I miss Adam Gase'. You know what at least under Adam Gase it looked like they tried. It looked like they cared. They could have played 20 quarters yesterday and the Jets would not have scored. Their offensive game plan is ridiculous. They have an offensive coordinator the lesser Lafleur who looks 11. The offense is ridiculous. In my opinion they are taking steps backwards. The Jets have regressed. They have a rookie head coach, a rookie offensive coordinator, a rookie quarterback, and no veteran backup. Was that more than 30 seconds? I don't care."

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I’ve been a Douglas booster because he’s done a lot of process stuff I like. That said, the team was horrific last year. Unwatchable offense, inconsistent defense, stupid mistakes, etc. So we blow out the coaching staff and turn over half the roster, and this year’s team looks exactly the same. Not good.

Exactly this.  And let's face it.  If Joe D sucks, then picking  a good GM has about the same (or worse) odds of picking a starting player in round 7 of the draft.

He was the first legit candidate they've hired in forever.  Not number cruncher (Idzik) or a guy who was over-hired (Mac) but a guy who cut his teeth under a consensus HOF GM in Ozzie Newsome.  Was part of a FO that won a SB this decade and whose expertise was supposedly evaluating OL play.  I didn't hear one single insider say this wasn't a fantastic hire.

If all of that grooming, learning, training and note taking got us this roster, the team is in trouble.

Get a few of these kids on the field and playing well and we can go back to being optimistic but right now...nah.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

I just have one question for JD: when will you finish rebuilding the oline as you promised? 

He figured GVR and McGovern on cheap deals is just as good as going out and spending on guys like Conklin, thuney, lindslay. How's that working out for us?

McGovern wasn't cheap and he was clearly a far better player in Denver than he has been here.  Seems to be a theme with the Jets.  Players just come here to regress.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Mike Greenberg just told Rex Ryan he hopes he's coaching the Jets again. Lol...Next he said, "there were moments watching this game yesterday that I spoke aloud words that I thought were impossible in my home and they were, 'boy I miss Adam Gase'. You know what at least under Adam Gase it looked like they tried. It looked like they cared. They could have played 20 quarters yesterday and the Jets would not have scored. Their offensive game plan is ridiculous. They have an offensive coordinator the lesser Lafleur who looks 11. The offense is ridiculous. In my opinion they are taking steps backwards. The Jets have regressed. They have a rookie head coach, a rookie offensive coordinator, a rookie quarterback, and no veteran backup. Was that more than 30 seconds? I don't care."

If Adam Gase were coaching this team, Frank Gore and Trevon Wesco would be their leading rushers.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.  Took over a bottom 3 roster, saddled with the worst HC in the NFL, was hired after they let Mac draft, had to deal with a malcontent loud mouth "best player" and a tricky situation with Sam.  I've appreciated his approach, I like the structure, I like his dedication to the offensive side of the ball but this team is god awful and they basically took a punt on adding last talent year for some reason and now the team is arguably worse then last year. 

Not sure what they can do with him given the length of his contract but he's a disaster. 

Gase as bad as he was, did more with less than this coaching staff has done to date.  There's far more talent around Zach than was around Darnold.  The Jets O was awful but at least they had a script to follow for the opening drive and it wasn't nearly as incompetent as what were seeing right now. 

Saleh made a mistake putting a friend with no real resume in charge of the O.  He married himself to an O system that was built over years and only run successfully by a had full of teams with highly experienced coaches. 

• Upvote 1

JD is a smart guy who has made plenty of savvy moves but the bottom line is that good NFL teams are built through the draft and if you routinely miss on picks you'll be looking for a new job sooner rather than later. 

Wilson/AVT/Moore/Carter should be a foundational draft. Becton needs to stay on the field. Missing on Claypool to take Mims really hurts. 

Offensive lines are difficult to build. There's a reason 90% of the OLs across the league are underwhelming. High-priced FA OL aren't going to come to a situation like ours.

We have to build through the draft, that's the bottom line. JD has to start hitting on picks or everything else is moot.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Same. I'm not on the "Fire Douglas" bandwagon yet, but if this season is a total disaster again like last year, he will be on the hot seat and it would be tough to argue against his firing. This is unwatchable football again.

• Upvote 2

Isn’t everyone tired of a fan protest?  What if we just stopped caring?  Unfollow on social media, stop going to games and buying merch.  I know it’s impossible but I’m done with it.  I’ll loosely watch the games - I only watched the last 9 minutes yesterday.  Then I’ll come back here and discuss with you guys.

• Upvote 1

Just now, heymangold said:

Isn’t everyone tired of a fan protest?  What if we just stopped caring?  Unfollow on social media, stop going to games and buying merch.  I know it’s impossible but I’m done with it.  I’ll loosely watch the games - I only watched the last 9 minutes yesterday.  Then I’ll come back here and discuss with you guys.

Nah that doesn’t work because guys are going to stop watching the games or going to games. They have started websites, flown banners etc Believe it or not it has some effect for sure. They notice 

I'm not for firing him because you can't continuously fire the front office and CS all the time. You have to give a GM and HC at least 3 years probably more to build a team. But he had pieces when he took over and now the team is worse. Not better. The expectation is you field a team at all times that is competitive. We're not seeing that in 2021. This team is a doormat and a fair team yesterday controlled the entire game. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Same. I'm not on the "Fire Douglas" bandwagon yet, but if this season is a total disaster again like last year, he will be on the hot seat and it would be tough to argue against his firing. This is unwatchable football again.

Yup. Didn't expect much but I didn't consider that it would somehow, incredibly, be worse than last year. I truly thought we had seen rock bottom but my capacity to be wrong is only exceeded by these losers ability to humiliate themselves. 

Don't see him getting fired after this year no matter what but next year has to be make or break.

• Upvote 1

By all that I read about Mims leading up to the draft and after he was a real good pick.  I would love to know why he isn't playing.  Mims has too much talent to sit or is he one that cannot make the jump from college to the pros?