Maye Out 3-4 Weeks

HawkeyeJet

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Maybe this an excuse, but it’s fair to say injuries are a factor in the Jets ugly start.  They are missing  or have missed several planned key contributors.

with the talent level up and down this roster, injuries are devastating

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Maybe this an excuse, but it’s fair to say injuries are a factor in the Jets ugly start.  They are missing  or have missed several planned key contributors.

I honestly didn't think it could possibly get any worse than the last two years? Remember the injury situation was so bad in 2019, we lost ALL of our starting linebackers. Late in the season Mac was signing linebackers off the street and starting then that weekend. Last season, the injury situation was so bad with WR that Braxton Berrios was the only healthy WR on the roster.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

So if I am correct (and I seldom am) at Week 3 of the season we are currently without our starting:

LT (key contributor)

DE (key contributor)

Both safeties (one key contributor)

ILB (key contributor)

2 of 3 key WRs

RB  (Coleman)

Also lost 2 or 3 key reserve pieces on our O Line

That's 9 or 10 key players we were counting on.  Was gonna always be tough sledding but now we are looking at climbing the Materhorn each week.   Gonna be a looooong season...

There aren’t 9 key contributors on a 2 win roster. There are at most, 5 players you’re hoping develop into key players.
The rest are just taking up spots on the depth chart of an expansion level roster. They’ll be distant memories in two or three years.

Zach, Becton, AVT, Quinnen and Elijah Moore are the only ones that matter.