Poll about your patience for JD's plan

Green hat

How much patience do you have for JDs plan?   

137 members have voted

1. 1. When it comes to JD, he gets ____ to build the team.

• Time's up, fire him now!
    • Mid-season results, otherwise he should be gone
    • The end of this year is enough time
    • Competitive by the end of next season
    • He needs 2 seasons after this one to finish executing the long term plan

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2021 at 05:00 PM

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

We should know more about the Saleh hire when the season ends but this is a red flag to me

Saleh is certainly aware of that criticism, even if he claims to not be reading the coverage, and defended his first-year offensive coordinator when asked Wednesday to assess LaFleur's first three games.

"He's done a good job," Saleh said

That's jumping the criticism shark.  He would be a dumba$$ to be airing concerns publicly.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

The 49ers did it. Doormats to Super Bowl in two years. You’re telling me that a moron ESPN talking head like John Lynch is superior to Joe Douglas who was groomed and raised by Ozzie Newsome as his personal protege?

Every day we waste with Joe Douglas is another day farther we are from the playoffs. If we get rid of him tomorrow we get first dibs on the next guy. Let’s go.

SAR I

John Lynch is hardly a moron. Hall of Famer, nine Pro Bowls. Look in the mirror. 

The end of this year is enough time

Competitive by the end of next season

Needed to be an option between these two.

I give JD thru the start of next season, i.e. we damn well better be legit competitive in week 1 of 2022, of I start wanting his head.

I don't give him all the way till the end of next season, nor would I fire him after the end of this season.

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Needed to be an option between these two.

I give JD thru the start of next season, i.e. we damn well better be legit competitive in week 1 of 2022, of I start wanting his head.

I don't give him all the way till the end of next season, nor would I fire him after the end of this season.

Agreed we should make progress by the end of this year and be way better by the beginning of next year. As in holes and gaps filled

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

You're calling it a good draft 3 games in?

Well some are calling it a Bad Team three games in ...with a new Head Coach and a new Quarterback?

You know what they say about opinions right? Funny thing is half of the people with opinions on here, I wouldn't trust to make a box of macaroni and cheese much less run an 8 billion dollar organization.

I understand Football and what it takes to build things, so I'll have patience and leave the decisions to the Professionals.

Guys are already turning on our GM and HC and QB!? Jiminy Christmas Man we've only dipped our toes in!

It's a new regime all around, heading into their fourth game EVER! Yes this particular group. If it looks like this in week 12 and nothing has changed then I'll raise an eyebrow. In the meantime everybody back off the ledge and pour a drink or something.

• Upvote 1

If this team started 0-10, but started showing true signs of flashes along the way and ended up finishing the season 6-11, I would probably be more encouraged than disappointed. 2021 is the final year of patience for me. If we end up 0-17, 1-16, 2-15, or 3-14, and have not at least given me a semi with Zach Wilson's improvements, I will donate to the FIRE JOE DOUGLAS banner. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, gdfodder said:

If he would have kept sam it’s possible next year’s draft pick would have been outside the top 10. Getting another top 3 pick would do wonders for a team, possibly getting 3 first rounders including the Seattle pick.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

good point. every time we are in the top 5 were always looking for a QB. this time we can get the best non QB in the draft.

why cant i see who voted. usually can. 

so we have 89 people who will give him to at least the end of next season and 20 who want him fired now or at the end of the season. 

so why does that seem opposite when you see these posts.  unless most of you just wanted to rant after Denver and came back to your senses.

I voted Competitive by the end of next season but I don’t understand the love he gets. I’m starting to think Jets fans are just as bad as the organization. Sorry but this guy sux. Feel like since he’s been here we have gotten worse. We have the least amount of talent in the league 

38 minutes ago, jetsjets said:

I voted Competitive by the end of next season but I don’t understand the love he gets. I’m starting to think Jets fans are just as bad as the organization. Sorry but this guy sux. Feel like since he’s been here we have gotten worse. We have the least amount of talent in the league 

its not love, were just not overreacting.

We will look back at giving Douglas the 2022 draft in the same way we look at giving Mac the 2019 draft or Rex the 2014 season.

He's already completely bottled a draft class, a great one at that and yet people can't wait to give him another. He'll set us back a decade by the time he's done. We're not winning 10 games in the next two years.