Poll about your patience for JD's plan

Green hat

How much patience do you have for JDs plan?   

137 members have voted

1. 1. When it comes to JD, he gets ____ to build the team.

• Time's up, fire him now!
    • Mid-season results, otherwise he should be gone
    • The end of this year is enough time
    • Competitive by the end of next season
    • He needs 2 seasons after this one to finish executing the long term plan

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2021 at 05:00 PM

I'm curious about what portion of the forum is really ready to throw in the towel on JD. I voted the last option, 2 more years, assuming we see some progress. I like a lot of what he's done via trade and the 2021 draft. If he keeps it up, I do think we end up with a good team, without getting locked into bad contracts. Sure, the current team is hard to watch, but this is a full scale burn it down rebuild. 

• Upvote 1

Joe Douglas' execution to date has been poor, but he gets until the end of the 2022 season.  The Jets need to give him the time to fully execute his vision.  You can't allow a GM to accumulate draft picks as his fundamental strategy and then fire him before he has a chance to make the picks.

I am far from encouraged, but the Jets are stuck with Douglas through next season.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Bronx said:

End of next season at .500 or better. 

I think this is the most reasonable expectation. 

Fans have a right to be upset and to expect more, I know that is where I stand, but he has made some great trades and some of the picks are looking pretty good. Regardless, he signed a 6 year deal so we aren't firing him after just 3 years. 

• Upvote 1

He lost me when he said "we just need to get better" when pressed about expectations. It's a professional league. You aim and say you want to win even if you have doubts. 

I'm not a fan of mid season firings plus I know it wont happen. BUT if we are 0-17 or something I'm not sure I want him picking all those 22 picks tbh. His talent evaluation skills via FA/Drafts have been very mehhh to bad. 

• Upvote 2

As optimistic and confident as I've been in JD, I'm beginning to be a little exasperated. I can't believe how truly bad this team has been. Shocked actually. I'm still patient right now but I think this team should be competitive by the end of the season.

23 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

He lost me when he said "we just need to get better" when pressed about expectations. It's a professional league. You aim and say you want to win even if you have doubts. 

I'm not a fan of mid season firings plus I know it wont happen. BUT if we are 0-17 or something I'm not sure I want him picking all those 22 picks tbh. His talent evaluation skills via FA/Drafts have been very mehhh to bad. 

Yeah, would've been much better if he'd said "we don't need to get better, we just need to win."

He clearly doesn't want to win, only wants to "get better" whatever that sh*t means.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

My big beef with Douglas is setting up a situation that isn't adequate to support a young QB and saying **** it, let's play him anyway. If there was a veteran getting beaten up this year I'd be pretty fine with where things stand at this stage of a complete teardown and rebuild. Playing Wilson - who came in raw - on a team this devoid of offensive talent with a new coaching staff seemed like a bad idea all offseason and I honestly don't know how he thought it was a good idea.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, FactsOnly said:

This was a real good draft

his real blunder is the OL, his trades have been elite

75 percent of a GM's job is draft players who can make the team and contribute.  He is failing quite miserably at that and I have supported him forever. But facts are facts.  His players are hurt, can't play, won't play, play poorly etc.

Most valuable position in sports and JD can't put together a functioning OLINE to protect him. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Prodigal Syndicate said:

This idea that rebuilds take 3-5 years is ridiculous.

In the NFL if you nail a couple drafts it changes your whole team around. Hell even 1 great draft can do it. 

The 49ers did it. Doormats to Super Bowl in two years. You’re telling me that a moron ESPN talking head like John Lynch is superior to Joe Douglas who was groomed and raised by Ozzie Newsome as his personal protege?

Every day we waste with Joe Douglas is another day farther we are from the playoffs. If we get rid of him tomorrow we get first dibs on the next guy. Let’s go.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

We should know more about the Saleh hire when the season ends but this is a red flag to me

Saleh is certainly aware of that criticism, even if he claims to not be reading the coverage, and defended his first-year offensive coordinator when asked Wednesday to assess LaFleur's first three games.

"He's done a good job," Saleh said

• Thumb Down 1