Missed the game today, what happened?

5 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

So I hear we played ok? 

Seriously, though, what was happening on offense today that wasn't happening before? Play calls? Execution? Better throws/decisions? What did y'all see when you watched it? 

White worked through progressions and found the open man.  Nothing spectacular, just solid the whole way.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

So I hear we played ok? 

Seriously, though, what was happening on offense today that wasn't happening before? Play calls? Execution? Better throws/decisions? What did y'all see when you watched it? 

Mike “Spotlight” or “ Great” White, happened…..

he had the offense playing well and the guys were playing inspired and were behind him ?

defense played pretty well all day  

just a good game

• Upvote 1

i thought the game plan was much better. 5 straight passes to start, i think we had like 2 runs in our first 15 plays. 

White took what the defense gave him. lots of screens to Carter who had a career day. he looked like Mac Jones . no throws to any feet.

the defense played much better. Lawson had our first INT. he blocked the pass in front of Burrow and it landed right in his hands.

i had said this weeks ago about LaFluer liking calling from the booth. well he did it today. maybe it was a factor. 

great game all around. if you get a chance to watch it do it. you wont be disapointed.

• Upvote 1

Biggest differences to me were (1) that LaFleur (by virtue of FINALLY being up in the booth) called a very good, very varied game, headlined by a lot of short and intermediate passing plays that he hasn’t been calling as much for Wilson, and (2) on said short and intermediate plays, White was totally on the money (and didn’t rifle throws at guys’ feet, like Zach has been doing)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:

So I hear we played ok? 

Biggest and most important difference IMO was use of 4 an 5 WR sets.  Saw more of that today than any other point this season and it paid off.  Who would've guessed having some variation of Mims, Cole, Berrios, Crowder would be better than Wesco, Kroft, Griffin?

OC was also in the booth instead of the sideline.

• Upvote 3

37/45   82%

405 Yards

3 TD | 2 INT | 2 pt Conversion

Just for some context, here are the distances White threw in the air (note I am counting where they went if play got called back too)

Behind Line of Scrimmage: 12

1-5 Yards: 16

5-10 Yards: 8

10+ Yards: 8

LaFleur called a great game, Carter/Johnson/Moore/Crowder made things happen in space, & Mike White executed everything perfectly. If we can get Wilson to realize he doesn't have to play hero ball this team can be very good.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

hero ball

Good post, but this phrase needs to go. It was never a thing before three weeks ago and it will cease being a thing by the end of the season and we'll be on to another nouvelle cliche, god help us

You want to be a journalist, be yourself, man. Use your own words, there are tons of them in the English language.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Good post, but this phrase needs to go. It was never a thing before three weeks ago and it will cease being a thing by the end of the season and we'll be on to another nouvelle cliche, god help us

You want to be a journalist, be yourself, man. Use your own words, there are tons of them in the English language.

We've been using hero ball since Sanchez/Geno years. 

15 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

So I hear we played ok? 

Mike White put himself in the conversation to be the Jets starting QB even when Zach comes back

3 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Maybe Wilson made  it a thing by constantly looking deep when he should have been hitting the open man. 

• WTF? 1

4 hours ago, munchmemory said:

In case folks were wondering, this is the consummate definition of a SOJF.  lol  We play well for once and you miss it?   You are now enshrined with the rest of us in the pantheon of SOJFs.  Welcome and feel free to take one of many stale muffins or other breakfast treats from the cart.

I never got a muffin ???????????????

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, AFJF said:

Biggest and most important difference IMO was use of 4 an 5 WR sets.  Saw more of that today than any other point this season and it paid off.  Who would've guessed having some variation of Mims, Cole, Berrios, Crowder would be better than Wesco, Kroft, Griffin?

OC was also in the booth instead of the sideline.

Snap counts are out.  Wesco hurt his knee.  I think he was a DNP.  The others played about a total of 95 of 84 snaps.  So maybe 10 two TE snaps, but no two TE plus FB.  Brown played 3 snaps.  That might have just been victory formation.  Kroft is a much better receiving option IMO

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Snap counts are out.  Wesco hurt his knee.  I think he was a DNP.  The others played about a total of 95 of 84 snaps.  So maybe 10 two TE snaps, but no two TE plus FB.  Brown played 3 snaps.  That might have just been victory formation.  Kroft is a much better receiving option IMO

Looked that up a little bit ago.  Griffin played 49% of the snaps, his lowest since season opener.  Kroft played 61% which was also his second-lowest pct of the season.  And as you said, Brown played 3 snaps.

More WR's and fewer TE's should be the aim.