A John Beck look alike was on the Jets sideline with a headset on.

Jetsbb

51 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

One could easily argue it is not the same team. The talk has been, time and time again that the team needed up to 8 weeks to understand the new scheme; of course it also depends on how the D plays and the offensive game plan. Maybe White runs the dump off offense better so that is why they changed it, or maybe LaPuke finally realized that when teams stack the box, it is best to throw all of the time until they pull back. It also may have to do with BB and the Pats secondary and pass rush weren't on the field yesterday.

Either way, it is important for Zack to win back the spot and not be handed it. The team needs to believe and they clearly like Mike, so Mike has to get the chance. Personally, I have to wonder if Mike can be that guy, but while he is playing well, he has earned the right to start.

Honestly, I'm really not sure why the nasty tone.

You wrote:  the Jets better exercise their ability to move on from Zach.

Now, if you're talking about keeping Zach on the bench for now, I can understand that view point and don't necessarily disagree.  

"Moving on" from him says to me - that's he's no longer in the plans for the future

If that's the case - then you better believe White IS the future.  If not, you shouldn't be moving on from Zach after 5 games.

If I'm mistaken when you said Moving On it meant winning the job back - then I apologize.  It's just there are people here calling for Zach to be traded already - and I find that position to be highly flawed.

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Honestly, I'm really not sure why the nasty tone.

You wrote:  the Jets better exercise their ability to move on from Zach.

Now, if you're talking about keeping Zach on the bench for now, I can understand that view point and don't necessarily disagree.  

"Moving on" from him says to me - that's he's no longer in the plans for the future

If that's the case - then you better believe White IS the future.  If not, you shouldn't be moving on from Zach after 5 games.

If I'm mistaken when you said Moving On it meant winning the job back - then I apologize.  It's just there are people here calling for Zach to be traded already - and I find that position to be highly flawed.

I am confused - I don't think there is a tone and I don't think it was nasty - nor did i suggest the move on from Zack - you may have quoted the wrong passage.

I was just saying that the team isn't the same team as when Zack had it - but Mike deserved to keep playing if he was playing well and Zack had to earn the spot back.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

Beck on the sideline. LaFleur in the booth. Everyone gets the coddling they need. Whatever works.

Back in my day, the last time I played football I had 7 broken ribs, a torn labia majora, and irritable bowel syndrome.

Kids these days are wimpy.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Beck on the sideline. LaFleur in the booth. Everyone gets the coddling they need. Whatever works.

Back in my day, the last time I played football I had 7 broken ribs, a torn labia majora, and irritable bowel syndrome.

Kids these days are wimpy.

I’m guessing you probably walked 10 miles to school and home, uphill both ways too! Lol

• Haha 1

On 11/1/2021 at 1:04 AM, Jetsbb said:

I noticed pregame a guy with a Jets hat on I never saw before that looked a lot like John Beck. I took this blurry snippet of him from gamepass when the camera panned to the sideline. I wouldn't put it pass the Jets to hire him and not announce it like they did with Cavenaugh.

1006241536_johnbeck.thumb.PNG.23d44164d569a2178ea0e91849258e25.PNG

2064082874_base(2).thumb.png.1c62fe2d7103dc319720ead49d453426.png

You definitely nailed this one, nice catch.

• Upvote 3

It's a really interesting move but I guess raises a host of other questions.

- Is he a Jet employee? 

- Is he exclusively working with Zach?

- Does he report into Lafleur? 

- Does it imply he can't work with other clients during season? Can he work with Zach in off-season?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

- Is he a Jet employee? 

- Does it imply he can't work with other clients during season? Can he work with Zach in off-season?

This is the big question I have as well. Happy with this move!

8 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

- Is he a Jet employee? 

He was talking to White all game so hes not here specifically for zach.  

• Upvote 1

This is like what happened on the tv show Friday Night Lights when Coach Taylor hired JD McCoy’s personal coach to be an offensive assistant.  That didn’t work out well for Coach Taylor, hopefully it works out better for Coach Saleh.  

Seriously though, between the knee jerk trade for Flacco and now this Hiring of Beck, the Jets must have some serious concerns about Zach.   

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

- Is he a Jet employee? 

good post

im shocked they got him to move to NY. or is this just on gamedays or is his whole family moving here?

is this his 1st game? or was he here for N.E ?

All in all, this can’t hurt.   I remember having a discussion with @Chrebetfan80    back in February about there being differences in how some coaches teach an offense to a QB.   Just like in college, you have good professors and bad professors, some teach you, some just throw info at you.  Some guys are great coordinators on game day, great with the X’s and O’s but can’t necessarily teach a young QB the system.  QB’s, just like students in a class, learn differently.  It’s about trying to find out how the QB learns best.  I think the Jets are definitely going through this with Zach and it’s why they resorted to bringing in Beck.   Hopefully Zach responds to him better.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, longsuffering88 said:

sh*tty hack reporters

Someone had to tweet that picture to Conor and sh*tmini otherwise they would not have known-  

classic 

Great move by the way!

And they both pretended it was a ho hum no big deal story. Lol

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He was talking to White all game so hes not here specifically for zach.  

Ah good! I time shifted the game and was fwding through seconds between snaps (took my kids trick or treating) so didn't see him on the sideline at all. 

Was worried because he is being described as Zach's PERSONAL QB coach that will be on the sideline. Rather than a consultant or coach hired by the Jets. 

18 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

But I would guess that this means that they can't work together in the off-season anymore.  Am I correct?

With this happening mid-season, I would guess Beck isn't doing work with any other clients right now and so it was considered a mutually-beneficial situation to give him a few month contract that ends as the season wraps up.

Beyond just Wilson, it would let Beck go back to work with any other NFL clients, as well as anyone coming out in the draft, which I'm sure he makes far more money doing than a position coach would during the NFL offseason.

• Upvote 1