****NFL Coaching Carousel****

Here are Rapoport's comments about the Jets from the article.

Jets and Lions: Fellow first-year coaches Robert Saleh and Dan Campbell have struggled when it comes to wins and losses, though there have been more than enough promising signs that neither is in any trouble. Both are coaches their respective organizations want to build around, and both will return in 2022, per team sources.

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

He was a terrible coach cause he had a failed run with a jet team that was constructed terribly ? 

Last decent season we had he was at the helm. Again not saying he was good but I’d like to see him get another shot  

Bowles was a crap head coach...  period.  End of story...   please w this crap 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

He was a terrible coach cause he had a failed run with a jet team that was constructed terribly ? 

Last decent season we had he was at the helm. Again not saying he was good but I’d like to see him get another shot  

I don’t know , his clock management skills alone kept me up at night. Just saying…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Anthony Jet said:

Not saying Todd Bowles will be a good HC, but he wasn’t as terrible as people like to remember around here. He was saddled  with the worst Jet Employee ever in MM. I’d like to see him get another shot. 

I definitely would like to see him get another shot, but he was a poor HC. He will probably do a lot better his second time around because of the learning experience of his first go round.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

For his sake and ours, I hope not.   This is another of those guys who gets hyped beyond belief.   College level HC at best.  Would be another bust in the NFL.

Im not looking for him but be serious here he was a good NFL head coach

It’s always worth noting that, in four seasons in the NFL, Harbaugh went 44-19-1 and led the San Francisco 49ers to a Super Bowl appearance in 2012. That’s the kind of NFL coaching record that many team owners would kill for.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Greensince69 said:

Im not looking for him but be serious here he was a good NFL head coach

It’s always worth noting that, in four seasons in the NFL, Harbaugh went 44-19-1 and led the San Francisco 49ers to a Super Bowl appearance in 2012. That’s the kind of NFL coaching record that many team owners would kill for.

Respect your opinion.  But I don't see it.  Sorry.

No Bowels was a terrible head coach because his coaches and game plans weren't cohesive, his players were lazy. He had absolutely no fire at all. Todd Bowles walked around on the sidelines and in the media post game press conferences like he was banged up on Xanax...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Not saying Todd Bowles will be a good HC, but he wasn’t as terrible as people like to remember around here. He was saddled  with the worst Jet Employee ever in MM. I’d like to see him get another shot. 

While I agree to an extent, his staff selections were ATROCIOUS and just were nothing but a bunch of stooges/fall guys lined up; Jeremy Bates, John Morton, Kaci Rodgers, Rick Dennison, etc?

When Rodgers was out a few weeks, the Jets actually had a formidable defense under Todd’s direct stewardship. 

31 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

For his sake and ours, I hope not.   This is another of those guys who gets hyped beyond belief.   College level HC at best.  Would be another bust in the NFL.

Nah, Harbaugh is totally different.

He was a successful NFL HC before going to college.

Unlike Steve Spurrier/Chip Kelly/Urban Meyer/etc.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

No Bowels was a terrible head coach because his coaches and game plans weren't cohesive, his players were lazy. He had absolutely no fire at all. Todd Bowles walked around on the sidelines and in the media post game press conferences like he was banged up on Xanax...

I did like the Chan Bailey hire, 2015 I think the team played well and above there talent level for him. And I have an appreciation for the even keel emotion approach. 

Im not saying that I think he is some great or even good head coach, I think the guy has earned another chance after his run in TB. That is all 

He was terrible with his in game decisions, which was the least of his faults.

He let fat, lazy malcontent players walk all over him constantly and never held them to account, instead he actually laughably praised guys like Revis and Mo will when they were dogging it to the extreme.

He flat out gave up in games, if I recall vs Denver we got down by 17 or something at half and he handed off into the line the whole second half.

He was terrible.

• Post of the Week 1

Bowles has earned another shot but I’d also like to add a major part of his failure was who he hired as his assistants. What an absolutely terrible staff for the most part. Two TWO retired OCs. The best one got kicked out after 1 year. 

31 minutes ago, Drums said:

Bowles has earned another shot but I’d also like to add a major part of his failure was who he hired as his assistants. What an absolutely terrible staff for the most part. Two TWO retired OCs. The best one got kicked out after 1 year. 

He has Gase to thank for people thinking he wasn't that bad :-)

He was over his head in NY. He did a poor job with a lot of things including offense, maybe he will be better with his second chance. 

I did like the Chan Bailey hire, 2015 I think the team played well and above there talent level for him. And I have an appreciation for the even keel emotion approach. 

Im not saying that I think he is some great or even good head coach, I think the guy has earned another chance after his run in TB. That is all 

He sucked something terrible.   He did nothing well, hired crap coaches, tossed them when he needed a scape goat. 
he sucked in game adjustments. 
He sucked at game planning.
He sucked at disciplining the players.

So exactly what do you think he did well??

10 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

He sucked something terrible.   He did nothing well, hired crap coaches, tossed them when he needed a scape goat. 
he sucked in game adjustments. 
He sucked at game planning.
He sucked at disciplining the players.

So exactly what do you think he did well??

I liked his in game adjustments 

I liked his game planning 

I liked his discipline 

Also thought he had an eye for assistant coaching talent