The Berrios Way.

Berrios plays hard, produces, separates, has solid hands, can make things happen with the ball in his hands, fits this offense, and is one of the most consistently available players on the team.

If he is re-signed, and he should be, is there a shot for him to start in 3 WR packages with Moore and Davis next year? Feel like he at least gets a shot for it. I’d think his floor is fourth.

• Upvote 1

Only way he isn’t a number 3 in eyes of Jets is if they feel he cannot handle it with the kickoff and punt duties.  And they refuse to allow him to pass those duties on.  

Hes a number three and will look better as the Jets improve and have Moore and Davis back, a healthy Oline and improving QB and some competent TEs.  

Shocked this is still a debate.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Only way he isn’t a number 3 in eyes of Jets is if they feel he cannot handle it with the kickoff and punt duties.  And they refuse to allow him to pass those duties on.  

Hes a number three and will look better as the Jets improve and have Moore and Davis back, a healthy Oline and improving QB and some competent TEs.  

Shocked this is still a debate.

Totally agree. I love Berrios!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, fltflo said:

Have to find a way to resign him to a reasonable contract

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

No!

like all things of good quality in life: if you truly value it, you pay its worth. 

Jets missed that ship of a discount/not a market premium at this point.

Pay the man. That alone, they win back credibility with the fan base. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

No!

like all things of good quality in life: if you truly value it, you pay its worth. 

Jets missed that ship of a discount/not a market premium at this point.

Pay the man. That alone, they win back credibility with the fan base. 

How about we let him hit the market, and we'll pay him $1.00 more than the highest market offer?

I'm good with that.

P.S. This teams credibility does not hinge upon the resigning of a third-string WR.

P.S.S. Yes, I know, the usual hype-y-fanbois have now pegged Berrios as a starter and future all-pro, I get it.

He's a keeper.  I'd still prefer they draft a number 1 receiver and move Moore to the slot though.  Let him continue to shine with the special teams and as a rotational depth piece.  

There will be plenty of snaps for him in 4 wide and Mike likes to rotate his receivers when they actually string together plays.  

30 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

It's hilariously obvious we're going to overpay him on the back of production that he been a total aberration in his career because that's what the Jets do. Good for him I guess. 

Not really an aberration. He's produced when given the opportunity. He had a really solid final year at Miami too. He's a good player.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

I think Berrios-fans need to chat with the Zach-can’t-succeed-because-all-he-has-is-Berrios guys.

Let me know how y’all sort that out, lol.

Berrios as the ONLY THREAT today was pretty damned good. 

Berrios as a situational guy with designed touches as a #3/4 option would be a heck of a weapon. 

You reward guys like that...but if things are anything like they always have been in Jetland, Berrios walks and we give Mims "one more chance".

• Haha 1