***Official Black Monday Thread***

22 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

That would be some horrible leadership right there. We want to oust a guy with character and whom players play hard for, for a possible distraction that had to sit out a year for misconduct.

Spinal Tap level ownership there. 

Thank you Ross.

Brian Flores is like a thousand other good coordinators who turned out to be below average head coaches.  If you are a Jets fan you wanted him as head coach as long as possible not them trying to find a better head coach.  

• WTF? 2

5 minutes ago, tdoublee said:

Hire Flores as DC and trade for DeShawn Watson. Neither will happen, but it feels good typing it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

It feels good typing that you want a rapist as your QB because he throws a football well?

Interesting.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, undertow said:

Brian Flores is like a thousand other good coordinators who turned out to be below average head coaches.  If you are a Jets fan you wanted him as head coach as long as possible not them trying to find a better head coach.  

Below average?  IIRC, weren't the Dolphins dismantling their team when he got there?  I thought he did a very respectable job going 5-11, 10-6, and 9-8.  There are plenty of coordinators who are terrible HCs.  Flores seemed far better than that to me.  And a lot better than Saleh (imo) so far.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, docdhc said:

He had a 2nd year QB coming off injury and Won 7 out of his last 8 games. He’s only 40 and it was only his 3rd year as HC. Seems like he deserved more time to show what he could do. Coaches in the league have been retained with far worse performances. 

I'd be stunned if he doesn't get another HC job somewhere.

• Upvote 1

Joe Judge is staying. The Giants have a very long road ahead of them - they’re going to have to tear it down and go through a long rebuilding process. Apparently they saw what we did with Gase and Darnold and thought it was a good idea to hang on. Clearly a smart move - at least they will make us look good no matter what

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, docdhc said:

He had a 2nd year QB coming off injury and Won 7 out of his last 8 games. He’s only 40 and it was only his 3rd year as HC. Seems like he deserved more time to show what he could do. Coaches in the league have been retained with far worse performances. 

Agreed. I am shocked they fired him. Very happy though.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Joe Judge is staying. The Giants have a very long road ahead of them - they’re going to have to tear it down and go through a long rebuilding process. Apparently they saw what we did with Gase and Darnold and thought it was a good idea to hang on. Clearly a smart move - at least they will make us look good no matter what

Love this, definitely hope they keep Judge.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

What a massive stubborn mistake by he giants.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, undertow said:

Imagine a world where people can comprehend one has nothing to do with the other?

You don’t think I understand that?  I’m simply saying that judge is an absolute joke of a coach, while Flores is actually good and gets fired.  Settle down there, chief.

1 hour ago, KRL said:

I don't like bringing up the race factor, but just wait until the "woke media" rips into MIA for firing a black coach.  Its not going to be pretty 

I kindly removed "segment". Its a bit more accurate. 

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

How does Rhule still have a job? Seven year contract or whatever he has absolutely proven that he is completely inept and him having control over personnel as well is a disaster. 

I would think ego. Tepper does not want to be viewed amongst the owners as some knucklehead who gave out 60 mil or so guaranteed for a coach who is in over his head. So he keeps him around another year maybe two and then lets him go. A 4 year run just comes off a bit better then 2 year run even though it was a failure. 

Of course this absolutely sucks for the players on the roster and the fans - but i doubt the owner really cares. 

• Upvote 1