Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

6 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Reed is a nice signing, although I don't like boundary CBs that are that short. If they play him in the nickel spot and draft Gardner, a trio of Gardner, Reed and Hall is a nice trio. 

Nice work Douglas (I still hate you). 

Browns hire away Jets scout Aaron Glenn - New York Daily News

5 FOOT 9 INCHES 

Edited by Dunnie
  • Sympathy 2

6 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I wouldn't be too sure about that. 

Between paying this kid $11 million a year, Hall pretty much establishing himself as a solid #2, MCII looking like a quality nickel, and the investment we’ve made in young guys like Echols and Dunn who have flashed…

Seems like a long shot to me. I wouldn’t rule it out completely, but I doubt they go in that direction now.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

So a cap hit of just 4.078M in 2022, with a 8.228M cap hit in 23. He can be cut in 23 for 5M in savings (he'd leave 3.228M in dead money between the prorated bonus and the 500K guarantee). Interesting deal, since it gives the Jets a decision to make next year if Berrios doesn't take a step up. This is basically a deal that screams to be renegotiated after this year; if Berrios grows, he's going to get extended (and have his 2023 cap hit reduced). If he doesn't, he'll be asked to take a paycut, and cut if he doesn't.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1