Putting aside the business aspect of the sport (it was his career and you can't blame him for trying to earn money) , do you consider it "painful" (or "annoying") that Revis won a SB with the Pats?

Putting aside the business aspect of the sport (it was his career and you can't blame him for trying to earn money) , do you consider it "painful" (or "annoying") that Revis won a SB with the Pats?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Putting aside the business aspect of the sport (it was his career and you can't blame him for trying to earn money) , do you consider it "painful" (or "annoying") that Revis won a SB with the Pats?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't want to respond to this question but I have to fill in an answer to respond to the other question (because this never gets fixed)
  2. 2. (Assuming the Pats were going to win the 2014 Superbowl with or without Revis) If you had your preference, would your prefer that Revis be on that Superbowl winning Patriots team?

• Yes, I'd prefer that Revis was on that team.
    • No, I'd prefer that Revis wasn't on that team
    • It makes no difference to me either way
    • I don't want to respond to this question but I have to fill in an answer to respond to the other questions in this poll

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

Revis was the best player on two AFC champiionship teams.  It's not his fault we didn't put the pieces around him.  

None of that has anything to do with the question I asked.  I only asked if it's painful that Revis won the SB with the Pats.

IIRC he didn't force his way out. Idzik moved him so he could destroy the future of the JETS. I don't really dislike Revis for being traded to TB or going to NE. 

Good for him, when he came back he wasn't what we remembered. can't fault him for what happened really. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

None of that has anything to do with the question I asked.  I only asked if it's painful that Revis won the SB with the Pats.

He was a great Jets player.  Nice to see Jets players get rings.  Would prefer it was with the Jets but I'm happy for him.  Why would I not want Revis to have an opportunity to play and win a SB with another team?  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just don’t care anymore.  Used to hate Brady with every fiber of my being.  Somewhere along the way I wised up and realized it was a waste of mental space.  Don’t even dislike Belicheat anymore.  These are just people playing a game to win and get paid.  

All I want or care about is the NY Jets franchise winning the Superbowl because for some f**ked up reason they are apart of my soul and them succeeding will make me feel good for a reason I cannot explain nor understand.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

I don't consider him a "Jet"

He was a great player on a couple of good Jet teams - but a mercenary.  So winning with the Pats is irrelevant to me, that's the career path he chose to tak.

It was certainly his right to make the choices he did.  

But as mentioned I don't consider him a "Jet"and really don't feel like he should be associated with the team in any way post football.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Kolchak said:

I root for the laundry.  I can't blame anyone for going out getting what they can, while they can.  It's a short career and no loyalty from the team.  A player returning in kind seems fair.

These points have absolutely nothing to do with the question I asked.  

The only thing I ever disliked Revis for was signing a big contract and then getting fat and out of shape.

Revis never pretended to he anything other than what he was.  An independent contractor who wanted to make as much money as possible.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't consider him a "Jet"

He was a great player on a couple of good Jet teams - but a mercenary.  So winning with the Pats is irrelevant to me, that's the career path he chose to tak.

It was certainly his right to make the choices he did.  

But as mentioned I don't consider him a "Jet"and really don't feel like he should be associated with the team in any way post football.

Pretty much all NFL players are mercenaries. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Larz said:

We are in the meat of the off season 

this is a June topic

Please respect the schedule 

It wasn't posted in the FA thread. And the Jets haven't really done anything in the past couple of days anyway.  All we have is rumors (that are probably more fan-created than reality)

1 minute ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Don’t care, can’t blame him, great player while he was here. It’s his life, selfish or not.

None of this is related to the question.  The question started with "Putting aside the business aspect of the sport (it was his career and you can't blame him for trying to earn money)"

7 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Pretty much all NFL players are mercenaries. 

Yes, many are.  No doubt.

I think the point I'm getting at here - As good as Revis was I wouldn't consider retiring his number or putting him in the ring of honor - or things like having a " Darrelle Revis Day"

But I do agree, those types of players are few and far between now a days.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, GreenFish said:

Key player on the best Jets team I’ve ever seen. It doesn't bother me that he won with the Pats. Wish we had a player like Revis on this current team.

Revis is one of my favorite Jets ever but that's why it pains me that he won the SB with 1 of our arch-enemies.

• Upvote 1

Sure it's annoying when it is mentioned, but not to the point where I give it a second thought unless someone else brings it up..

edit: actually it's more annoying that the issue is brought up than the actual annoyance of Revis having a ring.

Are we sure he didn't sell the ring?  Lots of $$$$ to be made there.

I’ll never understand all of the Revis hate

The dude is the best player in the history of the Jets franchise and one of the two or three greatest CB’s to ever step on a football field.

I’m not going to sh*t on the guy for holding out to be the highest paid player at his position when he…clearly was the best player at his position.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Untouchable said:

The dude is the best player in the history of the Jets franchise and one of the two or three greatest CB’s to ever step on a football field.

I’m not going to sh*t on the guy for holding out to be the highest paid player at his position when he…clearly was the best player at his position.

Oh man, this has ZERO to do with "Revis hate".  I hold no grudge against him for making the best financial decisions for himself.

All I asked was if people consider it painful that he won a SB for the Pats.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Revis is one of my favorite Jets ever but that's why it pains me that he won the SB with 1 of our arch-enemies.

I hear you. For whatever reason, it doesn't bother me.

He’s one of my favorite Jets of all time as well. Been watching since the late 90’s. So, I don’t pull from way back. But it’s Revis, Mangold and Martin as my favorite Jets of all time.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Oh man, this has ZERO to do with "Revis hate".  I hold no grudge against him for making the best financial decisions for himself.

All I asked was if people consider it painful that he won a SB for the Pats.

I’m not talking about the question asked in the topic itself.

But if you bring up Revis amongst Jets fans, the conversation that inevitably will follow is how Revis was a dickhead, “Mevis”, etc.

Revis winning a Super Bowl with the Pats doesn’t bother me in the slightest. Good for him.

26 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, many are.  No doubt.

I think the point I'm getting at here - As good as Revis was I wouldn't consider retiring his number or putting him in the ring of honor - or things like having a " Darrelle Revis Day"

But I do agree, those types of players are few and far between now a days.  

He's going into the HOF because of his play in  a Jets uniform.   He practically carried us to two AFC championship games back to back.  If Revis isn't in the ring of honor there isn't a Jets player who should be in the ring of honor.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Revis was in a class of his own at the time. Champ Bailey was long in tooth when Revis peaked. We haven't seen a corner as good as him since. It’s similar to Donald and the rest of the DTs in today’s game. He’s significantly better and should be paid accordingly. The Rams understand that. 

• Upvote 1

Definitely bothers me as a fan.  Give him credit for maximizing his leverage.  

Bothers me because he could've been on the Mt. Rushmore of Jets legends and then went to our arch-enemy and helped them get another ring.  Then came back to us to milk another pay day, divested and washed up.  Very annoying.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He's going into the HOF because of his play in  a Jets uniform.   He practically carried us to two AFC championship games back to back.  If Revis isn't in the ring of honor there isn't a Jets player who should be in the ring of honor.  

I surely hope he doesn't end up in the ring of honor.  For me, It would just be another disappointment in a long line of disappointing decisions this franchise has made.